Stabila Trak [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Stabila Trak

Verde06SS
07-13-2006, 03:04 AM
I have held down the button on the shifter until it said Stabila Trak Off. and above my odometer there is a little sign with a car going curvy. When i go to punch it My car seems to hesitate. What am i doing wrong?:confused:

NJBLAZE927
07-13-2006, 04:18 AM
It might be bad gas??Maybe bad weather??I have noticed my truck acts up with the high degree of weather which messes with the timing and I have bad gas..I mean I could be wrong but these factors effected my performance

2002SLT
07-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I have held down the button on the shifter until it said Stabila Trak Off. and above my odometer there is a little sign with a car going curvy. When i go to punch it My car seems to hesitate. What am i doing wrong?:confused:

For starters, you need a tune. :thumbsup:

Is it starting in first gear, or does it feel like it's downshifting before it takes off?

Derek
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Dang I didn't know you can shut the stabila track off. :eek: So just hold down the traction control button?

WhiteSS06
07-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Dang I didn't know you can shut the stabila track off. :eek: So just hold down the traction control button?

Yes hold it down and traction controll with turn off hold it for another like 10 seconds and stabila track will turn off as well

Derek
07-13-2006, 01:09 PM
sweet :cool:

blufin 123
07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
let the smoky burnouts begin :D

TBSSTony
07-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes hold it down and traction controll with turn off hold it for another like 10 seconds and stabila track will turn off as well

^^^ONLY while the truck is in PARK. You can toggle TC on/off while driving but the ST can only be turned off in park. If you turn it back on while driving you need to stop and put it back in park to turn it off again. Lastly, I heard that even while off ST can still engage in a severely unstable move to save your butt.

VTODD
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
^^^ONLY while the truck is in PARK. You can toggle TC on/off while driving but the ST can only be turned off in park. If you turn it back on while driving you need to stop and put it back in park to turn it off again. Lastly, I heard that even while off ST can still engage in a severely unstable move to save your butt.

iam pretty darn sure that i turn stabiltrak off all the time when i am moving......

todd

TBSSTony
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
iam pretty darn sure that i turn stabiltrak off all the time when i am moving......

todd

Kinda embarrasing, but I guess I've never tested what I said. I just read it here forever ago and took it as fact. So your DIC reads "ST off" when you hold the button in while driving? Guess I'll have to check it on the way home tonight!

VTODD
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Kinda embarrasing, but I guess I've never tested what I said. I just read it here forever ago and took it as fact. So your DIC reads "ST off" when you hold the button in while driving? Guess I'll have to check it on the way home tonight!

yep, i always turn the TC and ST off when driving away from my house.

todd

2002SLT
07-13-2006, 02:51 PM

Yep, I always turn mine off while moving. I can't take sitting in it still for very long. :D

Derek
07-13-2006, 03:17 PM
funny thing is it took me about 5 days to even realize I could shut off the traction control :crazy: :laugh:

John Skiba
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't need to be in park. Works moving.

SSTB
07-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Confirmed, I always turn it off while driving, especially when I see a potential victim coming up next to me...:D

Derek
07-14-2006, 09:04 PM
turned mine off tonight while driving. But damnit, it's 95* tonight and the concrete is just to hot to bust the tires loose. Will powerbrake the bitch on my way home :p

skinnies
07-17-2006, 06:38 AM
funny thing is it took me about 5 days to even realize I could shut off the traction control :crazy: :laugh:

I had to bust out the book after getting home to see where the button was for the TC. Although I didn't read it enough to figure out how to turn off the ST.