knocking noise when turning the steering wheel? [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: knocking noise when turning the steering wheel?

titan9
08-04-2005, 08:00 PM
i am hearing a knocking noise from the front end when i turn the steering wheel slightly to the left. really don't hear anything when i turn it to the right. also only hear it when im driving and making a slow turn not when the truck is in park and turn the wheel. any ideas what could be causing the knocking? also i just replaced the front end sway bar links. wondering if thats the problem? but i dosen't seem like you can mess anything up when replacing them. pretty simple install.

Neil Patel
08-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Even though the noise could be coming from a few different areas, I was told a knocking noise was from broken stabilizer links moving around when steering, so perhaps the replacements arent fitted correctly and are making some noise.

Envoy Fan
08-05-2005, 11:59 AM
What about your front stabilizer bushings? Are they ok?

titan9
08-05-2005, 04:04 PM
i ordered the moog sway bar links kit for front left and right. install was fairly easy. dumb question but theres no wrong way to put them on is there? upside down or anything? i have myself wondering now!

02firecrackertb
08-07-2005, 10:47 AM
i had the exact same problem. took it back to the dealer. the problem was the intermediate shaft. They changed it out and i havent had any problems since. check on that and see if that could be it