clutch fan staying on [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: clutch fan staying on

MikeLTZ
08-30-2005, 10:28 PM
I was driving to work and it came on. Never did that before. Then it decided to stay on all day. It sounded like an airplane when i got to 3k rpms.

any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

2002 TB BTW

ScarabEpic22
08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Ummm, have you read all of the posts on this topic??? I dont mean to be mean, but there are a lot of threads on this topic, so search the forum before you post please.

Short answer, you need a new one. The early ones have been known to fail.

MikeLTZ
08-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Actually I did. But I didn't see one where it said "my clutch fan stays on all the time" The most i say said "my fan comes on at startup"

Thanks

Envoy Fan
08-31-2005, 08:42 AM
When you have it replaced, use the new updated part number 15293048, or you will be replacing with another part that will be prone to failure. The part is available on Ebay if you area a DIYer.

I forget which forum it was, but a poster had his replaced and only took tech an hour. If you have a shop do it, get estimates before you have work done.

MikeLTZ
08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Will this set off the SES light?

because mine is one

Thanks

Kahunakai
08-31-2005, 11:44 PM
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=1548

jbachert
09-01-2005, 08:49 AM
When you have it replaced, use the new updated part number 15293048, or you will be replacing with another part that will be prone to failure. The part is available on Ebay if you area a DIYer.

I forget which forum it was, but a poster had his replaced and only took tech an hour. If you have a shop do it, get estimates before you have work done.

When my dealer did it...it took longer than an hour....it took two trips because they put a hole in my radiator! :duh: