Washer Nozzle Removal.. Help [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Washer Nozzle Removal.. Help

ParadoxJr
11-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I have something stuck in my washer nozzle, and I can figure out how to get the nozzle out of the housing.. And I don't wanna go and buy a Chilton, or take it to the dealer and have them charge me..

Russ

ieatglue
11-20-2005, 04:33 PM
In the pipe or the tip? if it's in the tip then use a sewing needle and poke it, that should work. Oh, make sure you remove the hose so that the dirt falls out and not just gets loose in the hose

tblazed
11-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Might try disconnecting the hose and forcing water back through in reverse to clean it out. If you are dealing with the windshield washer nozzles, they clip into the cowel air inlet grille. I don't know if there's enough room if you remove the inlet grille fasteners, if you can reach under it and push the retainer clips to release the nozzle without taking off the wiper arms. Otherwise you have to pull off the wiper arms and that isn't necessarily easy if they are seized on the shafts. I took mine off once, had to use a gear puller to get the arms off.

ParadoxJr
11-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Might try disconnecting the hose and forcing water back through in reverse to clean it out. If you are dealing with the windshield washer nozzles, they clip into the cowel air inlet grille. I don't know if there's enough room if you remove the inlet grille fasteners, if you can reach under it and push the retainer clips to release the nozzle without taking off the wiper arms. Otherwise you have to pull off the wiper arms and that isn't necessarily easy if they are seized on the shafts. I took mine off once, had to use a gear puller to get the arms off.

Yeah, I just tried, and Mine would NOT come off. Also I was able to free up the Washer nozzle but the hose is to big to fit through the opening (dumba** design). I think I will just pay the $50 to get the damn thing replaced and save my time... Grrrr.. Thanks Guys...

Russ

homertime
11-20-2005, 06:24 PM
My dealer did a flush free of charge under "warranty"

Most commonly some fluid can become frozen in there, as many oil change places use the cheap stuff that is watered down

tblazed
11-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Did you try disconnecting the washer hose on the fender above the coolant reservoir and reverse flushing it out from the nozzle with a garden hose? Seems to me if you could get some pressure going backwards it might dislodge and fix it. Anyway, good luck.

ieatglue
11-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Did you try disconnecting the washer hose on the fender above the coolant reservoir and reverse flushing it out from the nozzle with a garden hose? Seems to me if you could get some pressure going backwards it might dislodge and fix it. Anyway, good luck.
You could try using a syringe to reverse flush it

03slt_soccal
11-20-2005, 07:08 PM
disconect the hose and use compressed air it works everytime

ieatglue
11-20-2005, 07:10 PM
disconect the hose and use compressed air it works everytime
:duh: Why didn't i think of that :duh:

APDMC6008
11-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I tried to get mine off in order to clean it...I about destroyed the damned thing. In a car wreck, I imagine it would be the last thing to break :rolleyes: Of all the things to design nearly bullet-proof, the washer nozzle...

saxon357
12-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Had a glogged driver side nozzle on my 2003 Envoy. I used some high pressure air (60 psi) from the air comprssor. The air unclogged it right quick! The air even bubbled up through the washer tank and popped the cap.