IS Camber adjustable on 02 TB? [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: IS Camber adjustable on 02 TB?

xrcbuggy
10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
How do you adjust camber on this baby?

BUC NASTY
10-03-2007, 12:37 AM
have you installed bigger rims??

xrcbuggy
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
No, but I have alot more wear inside of tires than outside of tire. Toe adjustment did not help, so any info. would be a great help.

ylab
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
How do you adjust camber on this baby?

YES, the camber can be adjusted within a 'decent' amount on our trucks, however there's a limited amount of positive camber available. Usually this isn't an issue, unless the vehicle has been lowered. Much more than about 1 1/2 inches lower and you may have trouble getting the camber back within or close to spec, from what I've been told. - Has your '03 been lowered or is it still at stock height? (Inside wear is typical of too much negative camber - hope I have that right, I tend to reverse it all the time).

The process is pretty easy, just a PITA! - You get one side in and the other will slide out, as you pry/adjust the plate. (You loosen the attachment bolts for the lower control arm and pry the plate back/fourth as needed to obtain the desired camber. Then tighten them back up.

Update: Forgot to add that at 93k, you'll want to check the entire front end to make sure that a worn component (ie: ball joint or bushings) aren't responsible for the camber and/or tire wear. Many times on recent model year vehicles, the need to align is usually linked either to a worn component or modification (lowering/raising/etc).

jimmyjam
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
yes negative camber causes the inside to wear faster

x2 check the entire front end, at 89k my tie rod bushings were shot, rides so much smoother now! tires were getting eaten up because of it

BUC NASTY
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
ask LMMJ the man. He knows everything about the chamber. :yes:

xrcbuggy
10-03-2007, 11:42 PM
thx all, great info.

LMMJ
10-04-2007, 01:30 AM
ask LMMJ the man. He knows everything about the chamber. :yes:

lol, I make my living doing it.

As far as the toe setting not fixing it, Any wear pattern a tire develops will be there for the life of the tire. So if you had it adjusted, it won't go away. Your best bet is to take it in to get a full alignment. Ask to look at the readings. If you're asking them to set toe first to see if that changes anything you're only letting the problem get worse and wasting your time.

You can use my recent alignment printout I did as a reference of where all your readings SHOULD be at. The alignment itself is not difficult just time consuming cause to get it right there is a lot of back and forth and back and forth and so on.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x224/LMMJ_TV/DSC01300.jpg

BUC NASTY
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
hey LMMJ, how did you get positives on the caster. mines are still negative even w/ the djm upper controls. the only thing that changed where the toes and a little bit of the chamber. :confused:

LMMJ
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
hey LMMJ, how did you get positives on the caster. mines are still negative even w/ the djm upper controls. the only thing that changed where the toes and a little bit of the chamber. :confused:

Caster has always been in. When I did the control arms I only reset toe. Didn't touch camber/caster. The shop should be able to get camber ALOT better. I got 1 degree positve from it. I was sitting at -1.4 and -1.2 and the control arms brought it to -.4

BUC NASTY
10-05-2007, 12:10 AM
we have nearly the same truck except you have 24s and i hav 22s. If only i can show you my sears before/after paper of the aligment...

LMMJ
10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
we have nearly the same truck except you have 24s and i hav 22s. If only i can show you my sears before/after paper of the aligment...

take a picture of it. That's how I posted the specs

BUC NASTY
10-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Hey LMMJ, Have you notice anything wierd with your alignment ever since you go the upper control arms?? Just after work at DC since its full of pot holes and bumpy roads, my alignment suddently changed, not straight like it use to when i just got the upper control arms installed w/ alignment. Has that happened to you yet???

BUC NASTY
10-07-2007, 05:45 PM
?????

xrcbuggy
10-11-2007, 02:12 AM
lol, I make my living doing it.

As far as the toe setting not fixing it, Any wear pattern a tire develops will be there for the life of the tire. So if you had it adjusted, it won't go away. Your best bet is to take it in to get a full alignment. Ask to look at the readings. If you're asking them to set toe first to see if that changes anything you're only letting the problem get worse and wasting your time.

You can use my recent alignment printout I did as a reference of where all your readings SHOULD be at. The alignment itself is not difficult just time consuming cause to get it right there is a lot of back and forth and back and forth and so on.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x224/LMMJ_TV/DSC01300.jpg

Thank you for printed info & your time.:thx

LMMJ
10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Hey LMMJ, Have you notice anything wierd with your alignment ever since you go the upper control arms?? Just after work at DC since its full of pot holes and bumpy roads, my alignment suddently changed, not straight like it use to when i just got the upper control arms installed w/ alignment. Has that happened to you yet???

Your lower control arms may have come loose if the person didn't tighten the bolts enough. Mine did once along time ago. I took a turn REAL hard with the 22's and whn I straightened back up the wheel was about 1/4 turn off. I freaked out. Since you just got them you should have some sort of warranty, check it out or take it back and ask.

Thank you for printed info & your time.:thx

No problem, I kinda had to do all this anyway but posting on here is like my second job:D