Rear Windshield Fluid not coming out [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Rear Windshield Fluid not coming out

deemer57
12-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I have an '02 Trailblazer. For some reason when I press on the rear windshield fluid button, the fluid does not depense out anymore.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Thank You,
Dominic:yes:

euphoric28
12-21-2007, 04:08 PM
have you checked the fluid line? sometimes it can get kinked up.

deemer57
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
No, I have not. I assume you are talking about the short line attached to the wiper arm.

euphoric28
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
yep. when I bought my 05 about 2 months ago i noticed it was kinked and a straightened it out. just figure it was a shot in the dark and the easiest fix.

deemer57
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I just went to check out the line and it was kinked. I would have never even thought to look at that.

Thanks!

Dominic

euphoric28
12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
no problem... I do Computer tech support over the phone for a living. Always best to start with the easiest. also happens to be the most overlooked things. glad i could help.

SATBLS
12-21-2007, 07:53 PM
This happened to me too. I heard the pump buzzing when I pressed the button so I know it must be a plugged, kinked, damaged, or detached line. Sure enough, I checked the easiest thing first and it was just kinked back by the wiper arm. I guess this is fairly common so it's nice that the fix is so easy. :thumbsup:

04trailblazerLS
12-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow, mine is doing the same thing...better check that hose first thing tomorrow! I just assumed that it was something more serious like the motor/pump thingy, and didn't feel like messing with it.

Outback_Jon
12-21-2007, 10:53 PM
If it's not the kinked hose, the pump is the next usual suspect. I think you can swap the electrical plugs from the front to rear pumps and see if it works. (I think I read that somewhere here, anyway)

Mine, however, was the rear wiper switch. The piece that pushes the actual switch inside the housing had broken. A new switch fixed it, so I opened up the old one and found the problem. A little ABS cement fixed the old one, so now I have a spare.

Of course, now that I have a spare, it will never break again. :raspberry

skarecrow
12-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Same thing was happening with mine. And I just walked out into the snow and check and it was kinked. Now that I straightened it up, the front isn't shooting winshield washer fluid. It was working about half hour ago, but now its not. Anyone know what it could be?

wyatt2996
12-23-2007, 01:10 PM
hey i just had that same problem and i got it fixed. pop the hood and check the lines that come out of the fluid tank. my rear one was disconnected. i was tipped off by the foamy blue puddle around my passenger front tire. popping the hood revealed the front and bact parts of that line, not mated... and a nice foamy blue puddle on top of the coolant/washer tanks. problem solved. for me anyway. might wanna give that a look-see and see if that works.

wyatt2996
12-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Same thing was happening with mine. And I just walked out into the snow and check and it was kinked. Now that I straightened it up, the front isn't shooting winshield washer fluid. It was working about half hour ago, but now its not. Anyone know what it could be?

possibly frozen lines? does it make noise when you go to use it? you said snow so i was just throwing that out there. the outside of the nozzles could have iced over... even with washer fluid that has antifreeze in it. a thin layer can build up and freeze and block it. a thumb over the nozzle is usually enough to clear that. or it can freeze in the lines itself. not a real big deal. untildriving down the road and you get all that snowy road gunk buildup and need it.

oh and outback jon, on mine the pump was working. i could hear it working. if its still humming, its still working. and then check the lines under the hood. my rear fluid line was not hooked up. some how it came apart. re-hooked it up and bingo. clean rear window again.

rrufast
06-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I found out this evening that I have a line break somewhere in the rear door. The fluid was low so I added some. Pulled the break away connectors under the hood apart and blew both ways to clear the line. Put it back together, ran the wiper.. saw a big puddle at the back of the car.. The line has broken somewhere inside the rear door.

Now I need to remove that rear panel. No clue how to do that. Any help on how to get the rear panel off and possibly how the line is run inside the door? DONE- See this thread http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?p=566481&posted=1#post566481

:mad:

Christos
06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks man, I was having the same problem and it was a little kink in the hose.