Clicking noise when step on break pedel from center console area [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Clicking noise when step on break pedel from center console area

tfaron2000
04-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi All,

I noticed today when my car was in park but still running a clicking noise when I step on the break pedal. The noise seems to be coming from the center console area. like click-click .. <hard to repeat in writing>

I repeated pressing and releasing and each time I hear the clicking that seemed to be pretty distinct and good sounding. When driving and hitting the break It seemed like it was not happening or just could not hear it but it was a good clicking sound when I was in park.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks all

rbarrios
04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
yes, when in park, and you press on brake, there will be a clicking in the dash and somewhere around the shifter. (this is to allow the shifter to shift) if you dont press on brake- you cant shift out.

then when you press the shifters button, theres another click...

but I too have the click in the dash when stepping on the brake. (in park)

RayVoy
04-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Yep, rbarrios is right, it's the brake/park interlock. Prevents the vehicle being shifted out of park unless the brake is applied.

tfaron2000
04-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe it's normal then and I did not notice it. If that's the case then I should not worry about it unless anyone else has a different opinion.

I would be interested to see if other people notice it.

Thanks again

RayVoy
04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
If u think it is abnormal (or anytime you want to compare something on ur truck) go to a dealer and try an other truck :thumbsup:

dcs90
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I have my console out of my TB right now. There is actually a dime sized button on the side of the shifter underneath the console that you can push in to bypass the brake. It's obviously not a good idea to push if you aren't at a complete stop though

blktbz
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
It's definitely normal. You can Morse code with it if you really wanted to.

RayVoy
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
It's definitely normal. You can Morse code with it if you really wanted to.Talk about a flash back :eek: Used the horn for that many years ago :laugh:

215Denali
04-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Our truck makes the same clicking noise.

MAY03LT
04-24-2008, 08:56 PM
same click here

tfaron2000
04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone

RS
10-12-2010, 07:50 PM
yes, when in park, and you press on brake, there will be a clicking in the dash and somewhere around the shifter. (this is to allow the shifter to shift) if you dont press on brake- you cant shift out.

then when you press the shifters button, theres another click...

but I too have the click in the dash when stepping on the brake. (in park)

I noticed that right away when I got my Trailblazer, but now when I'm driving at any speed and hit the brake pedal it makes the same clicking noise. Any ideas?

Xplorer4x4
03-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Massive bump, but I have the same problem. I read a few threads about this issue and many people confirmed it is normal. Ok thats fine, but I just cant figure out why it only started doing it today out of the blue. I got under the hood and had my battery disconnected for about 10 min. Hooked it back up and only then did it start.