Liftgate panel removal [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Liftgate panel removal

rrufast
06-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Need to gain access to the inside of the lift gate area to find out why the washer line is leaking inside the lift gate.

How does the panel come off? Does it have the press fit tabs like most panels do? Can someone point out where there are? I'm headed outside now to try and see if I can get it off. I'm driving to NJ tomorrow (The Accord) and flying back home Monday morning. It will be Monday evening before I can get the panel removed if I can't get it done now.

Thanks in advance! :confused:

liquidtherapy
06-14-2008, 11:47 PM
It's a pain, you have to remove the top piece first then the bottom. Don't forget to remove the pin thats where the glass latch is. Open the hatch and you'll see the little plastic pin. It is all held in with metal tabs that can be a :x to get out.

BLAZEN03
06-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I was wondering how to remove that panel also. I'm going to replace my rear hatch control module soon, A diagram would be great. I was going to do search on this once I got module, but if I can get that info now that would be great also:thumbsup:

rrufast
06-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Figured it out. Found out what the problem was, made the repair, buttoned it all back up (after testing it twice) and now all seems to be good.

To remove the panel, I pulled at the lower right corner, felt the metal push tabs pop and just kept working my way around. Once I had all of them pulled out, I realized that the black button head tab at the window needed to be removed. Popped it out and was able to slide the lower piece out of the way. The black button head broke and I'll need to get another one, but that's no biggie I reckon. I also realized that the little deal for the pull strap (mine has LONG been broken) has to be removed also. That takes a 5/32 allen wrench to remove

The problem was that the hard line pulled apart from the asher nozzle on the inside. I was able, thru contortion, to reconnect it once the panel was off. I had to look at it for a minute to figure out how I'd get my hands in there without having to remove the rear wiper and motor assembly, but I was able to do it. It would have been easier to do without that motor and relay assembly in the way, but it's dark and I'm leaving at 6am for a 11 hour drive to NJ. Anywho.. it all works now.

Sorry I didn't take pics. It's dark out.

Hey Blazen-
I have that avatar as an actual window sticker. I'll have to snap a pic and post it up when I get back in town.