auto dimming side mirror [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: auto dimming side mirror

davids_1718
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I browsed through so many threads and could not find an answer to my question so that is why I will post another side mirror question. How can I tell if I have auto dimming side mirrors. If I needed a replacement mirror how would I go about retaining this feature if I have it. Here is my build sheet. Can anyone out there help me out. These streets are flooded with HID's and Xenon's I need my dimming mirrors.

VEHICLE BUILD
Merchandising Model : CT15806 -2003 TRAILBLAZER EXT LT 4WD
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 2906 kg (6408 lb) Order Number : FMSV22
Build Date : 09/19/2002 Build Plant : 13606
GMVIS is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.
OPTION CODES
AAB - MEMORY DRIVER CONVENIENCE PKG AJ1 - DEEP TINTED GLASS
AK5 - DRIVER & RIGHT FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG AM7 - FOLDING REAR SEAT
AM9 - SPLIT FOLDING REAR SEAT BACK AR9 - FRT BUCKET SEAT, DELUXE
AU0 - KEYLESS REMOTE DOOR LOCK AXP - MPV VIN IDENT POSITION
BVE - SIDE RUNNING BOARD STEPS B30 - WHEELHOUSING & FLOOR CARPETING
B32 - FRONT COLOR-KEYED FLOOR MATS B33 - REAR COLOR KEYED FLOOR MATS
CF5 - ELECTRIC SLIDING SUNROOF (INCLUDES $250 SAVINGS FOR SUNROOF & ONSTAR) CJ2 - AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
C49 - ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER C7H - 6,400 LB GVW RATING
DD7 - ISRV MIRROR W/COMPASS DH2 - LIGHTED LH & RH VISOR MIRRORS
DK7 - OVERHEAD CONSOLE EQUIP ADJ DS3 - MIRROR LH/RH REMOTE
EVA - EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT GT4 - REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO
JF8 - BRAKE VAC POWER, 4 WHL DISC KA1 - HEATED FRONT SEATS
KG4 - GENERATOR 150 AMP K34 - ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROL WITH RESUME SPEED
LL8 - VORTEC 4200 SFI I6 M30 - 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL
NF2 - FEDERAL EMISSION SYSTEM NG1 - FEDERAL/NY/VT EMISSIONS
N40 - POWER STEERING N74 - 17" ALUMINUM SPORT WHEEL
N79 - FULL SIZE SPARE OKL - PLANT - OKLAHOMA CITY
QTE - P245/65R17 BW ON/OFF ROAD TIRES SLM - STOCK ORDERS
STW - LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL W/CONTROLS TB4 - LIFTGATE
T61 - DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS T96 - FRONT FOG LAMPS
T98 - STAMPING VEHICLE IDENT NUMBER UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
UE1 - ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM INCL 1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN UG1 - HOMELINK
UK6 - RADIO CONTROLS RR ST & EARPHONE UPC - TRAVEL NOTE
UP0 - AM/FM STEREO W/CASS & CD PLAYER UQA - BOSE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM
UY7 - TRAILER WIRING HARNESS U68 - DRIVER INFO CENTER DISPLAY
U73 - FIXED MAST ANTENNA VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
VXS - COMPLETE VEHICLE LABEL V1K - LUGGAGE RACK CROSS-BARS
V40 - POWER PASSENGER SEAT PROVISIONS V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA
V76 - TOW HOOKS X88 - CHEVROLET CONVERSION
YD3 - BASE EQUIP FOR SCH GVW PL-FT AX YD5 - BASE FRONT SPRING
YD6 - BASE REAR SPRING YE5 - LT ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE
ZQ3 - DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: DRVR MESSAGE CNTR, AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL, RR SEAT RADIO AND HVAC CTRLS. LEATHER STRG WHL W/CONTL ZW7 - PREMIUM RIDE SUSPENSION
ZY1 - SOLID PAINT 1SJ - LT EXT PREF EQUIPMENT GROUP LEATHER PLUS PACKAGE * PREMIUM LEATHER SEATING SURFACES ON 1ST AND 2ND ROW, 8 WAY POWER DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEATS WITH POWER LUMBAR SUPPORT * DRIVER CONVENIENCE PACKAGE: * DRIVER MESSAGE CENTER * AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL * REAR SEAT RADIO AND HVAC CONTROLS * REDUNDANT HVAC/AUDIO/DMC STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS * DRIVER'S SEAT MEMORY AND OSRV MIRROR * TURN SIGNAL OSRV MIRRORS * BODY COLOR HANDLES & GRILLE * VEHICLE COMMUNICATIONS PKG * ONSTAR COMMUNICATIONS SYS W/1 YR SAFE & SOUND PLAN * LIGHT SENSITIVE ISRV MIRROR
6SS - COMP FRT LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 62U - DK GRAY METALLIC
7SS - COMP FRT RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 8HU - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP
9HU - COMP RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP 92I - DK PEWTER/DK PEWTER INT TRIM
922 - DK PEWTER/DK PEWTER ACCENTS

the roadie
08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
You have LIGHT SENSITIVE ISRV MIRROR (Inside Rear View)

I don't think we even have an optional OUTSIDE auto-dimmable mirror.

mwfaith1971
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I've got the auto dimming drivers side mirror in mine. I have the LTZ but I don't know if the LT's came with it. Below is an excerpt from the owners manual.

Electrochromic Rearview Outside Mirror
with Curb View Assist (If Equipped)

If your vehicle has this feature, the driver’s outside
mirror will adjust for the glare of the headlamps behind
you. See “Electrochromic Day/Night Rearview Mirror
with Compass and OnStar” earlier in this section.

Matt

BUC NASTY
08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I've got the auto dimming drivers side mirror in mine. I have the LTZ but I don't know if the LT's came with it. Below is an excerpt from the owners manual.

Same here but for both windows.

the roadie
08-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Fascinating. It seems to be the "D25" RPO code, available in 2002-2004. Can't find it listed later than that.

And holy moley! The replacement mirror list price of $50-70 jumps to almost $300 when you specify the Electrochromic glass!

GM #88944480 - $160 at parts4chevys.com

davids_1718
08-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Tell me about sometimes retaining full features is a really expensive replacement. Someone smashed my pass mirror and I'm looking for a replacement. I knew somewhere I read we had light sensitive side mirrors but was unsure if I had it in mine. I have another question ..................

Has anyone replaced a mirror in the housing. Or just did a complete mirror swap. I was wondering if these mirrors are retrofit. Meaning would I be able to replace the pass with a drivers. It seems they have the same shape except they just need to be flipped around? Also if anyone has replaced a mirror anyone have any instructions.

Hal
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Easiest way to tell is have someone pull up behind you at night while parked in a fairly dark area and turn on their turn on their brights and if you look in the side view mirrors and have to squint or put your hand up you don't have them.

wardak33
08-11-2009, 02:09 AM
It's a great feature for people blinding you. I think its only equipped with the driver's side mirror though..

mwfaith1971
08-11-2009, 08:11 AM
:iagree: It is. I actually checked mine last night and the drivers side and inside mirror were the only ones that dimmed.

Matt

davids_1718
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
I read somewhere in a post that the dimming mirror should have 4 connections to the backing plate is this fact or fiction? As for the replacement of the mirror never mind everyone out there I figured it out and once I receive a replacement I'll do a write up on it so we dont brake any clips on the backing plate. It was quite easy to do now all I need is the mirror.

Hal
08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
I read somewhere in a post that the dimming mirror should have 4 connections to the backing plate is this fact or fiction? As for the replacement of the mirror never mind everyone out there I figured it out and once I receive a replacement I'll do a write up on it so we dont brake any clips on the backing plate. It was quite easy to do now all I need is the mirror.
Your probably right. Electrochromic or "Smart glass" is the same technology used in auto dimming Welding glass (don't know how I was able to weld without it) and does require electricity to switch it. Only two wires would be needed. The other two are probably heater wires. Do a Google search on "Smart glass" or "Electrochromic glass". It's a very interesting technology that's finding many new uses.:eek: