2005 trailblazer camshaft sensor [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: 2005 trailblazer camshaft sensor

tz440
12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
i need help in locating the cam sensor on a 2005 chevy trailblazer ls

the roadie
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=25331

Are you CERTAIN that's what you need to change?

rwfriend
11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I was told that my O2 and my Cam Sensor needs to be replaced. I want to try to save money, I am female and thought I might try it myself. I believe I have located the O2 sensor but have no idea where the 'Cam' sensor is. Are they expensive and where are they located? My trailblazer is running rough and dying on me.

sepadowd
11-12-2010, 02:13 AM
I was told that my O2 and my Cam Sensor needs to be replaced. I want to try to save money, I am female and thought I might try it myself. I believe I have located the O2 sensor but have no idea where the 'Cam' sensor is. Are they expensive and where are they located? My trailblazer is running rough and dying on me.

ITS PROBABLY THE CAM POSITONING SENSOR ACTUATOR. its on the passenger side of engine on top kinda by the power steering pump, it is held in with one bolt i beleive, it sits inside the cylinder head i beleive. the tiny little screens in it have probably pluged it up not allowing oil to pass through it. the bad thing is ya have to remove the power steering pump to get it fully out of engine for it goes a ways inside. it may be bad but id clean it first to try to save a 100$. same thing on mine cant remember the code but said something about cam position sensor advanced timing bank one. the o2 sensor is in the exhaustt manifold also on passenger side. also in the exhaust pipe just after the cat converter

dag48066
11-12-2010, 04:54 AM
I was headed in that direction once, but after a search, I changed the oil (it was time) and the cam position sensor actuator code did not return. How old is oil?
DAG

rwfriend
11-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm going to have the oil changed this week. Maybe it will help. Otherwise, I'm changing the 02 sensor somehow/someway this week. I know where it is and it's pretty accessible. I will have to rent the part from Auto Zone.