Parking Brake Bypass for Pioneer AVH-P3200BT? [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Parking Brake Bypass for Pioneer AVH-P3200BT?

CookieMan12
02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone have instructions on this yet? Wonder if it will be the same as the P3100DVD? Any instructions on that one? I have read that you can run the wire through a toggle switch, then ground the other end. I have also read that you can just ground it, but some say that won't work.

jimmyjam
02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
probably the same as other pioneer's.. you need to toggle the ground. can be accomplished with a regular relay

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=898273&postcount=15

s3customs
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
avic411.com to check for sure . i hav a 3100 i used a relay 87 and 85 ground 86 remote wire from radio( blue/white) 30 to light green brake wire on the radio.hope this helps

CookieMan12
02-21-2010, 11:23 AM
I can't find either the 3100 or 3200 on Avic411.com.

awer25
02-21-2010, 12:47 PM
I can't find either the 3100 or 3200 on Avic411.com.

read the post above yours...

dhdinh
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I have an alpine dvd player HU and i just put a push button toggle switch...I just hit the button when i want to watch something on my dvd player. Don't kno if it will work for you..but maybe worth a try???

CookieMan12
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
avic411.com to check for sure . i hav a 3100 i used a relay 87 and 85 ground 86 remote wire from radio( blue/white) 30 to light green brake wire on the radio.hope this helps

Where can I find this relay? Auto Parts store? Radio Shack? Just a standard 4-prong relay?

Forgive my ignorance, but I know squat about relays.

s3customs
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
yea any relay will work ( there 5 prong not 4 .your just going to use 4 of them) radio shack best buy probably auto zone ect.

CookieMan12
02-24-2010, 03:59 PM

When you connect to the blue/white wire, do you also have it running through the GMOS-01? Or do you only connect it to the relay?

s3customs
02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
When you connect to the blue/white wire, do you also have it running through the GMOS-01? Or do you only connect it to the relay?

You dont have to have it hooked to the gmos unless you have premium sound. its not going to hurt anything if its hooked up.

CookieMan12
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
You dont have to have it hooked to the gmos unless you have premium sound. its not going to hurt anything if its hooked up.

S3, I would like to thank you for all of your help. I used your method, and it works flawlessly. That was much easier to hook up than having to find the damn parking brake wire. Plus, I could have it all ready, then just have to plug it in. No wiring when installing it in the TB. That was nice, since it was 30 degrees and I was freezing my @$$ off while installing the stereo yesterday afternoon.

That being said, I've probably used the DVD player while driving the one and only time I will ever do so, and that was only to test it!!! It really was an easier install.

Does the 3100 have the message asking you if you have already engaged, disengaged, and re-engaged the parking brake? The 3200 does. Wonder why they would even put that message there, since it is supposedly illegal to not have it connected.

s3customs
02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
S3, I would like to thank you for all of your help. I used your method, and it works flawlessly. That was much easier to hook up than having to find the damn parking brake wire. Plus, I could have it all ready, then just have to plug it in. No wiring when installing it in the TB. That was nice, since it was 30 degrees and I was freezing my @$$ off while installing the stereo yesterday afternoon.

That being said, I've probably used the DVD player while driving the one and only time I will ever do so, and that was only to test it!!! It really was an easier install.

Does the 3100 have the message asking you if you have already engaged, disengaged, and re-engaged the parking brake? The 3200 does. Wonder why they would even put that message there, since it is supposedly illegal to not have it connected.

No problem buddy glad i could help. on the 3100 all i have to do is hit ok on the screen and it plays.

CookieMan12
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
OK, so it worked for a while, now it has stopped. I tried it twice in the first week, then haven't tried to use the DVD player since. A couple of days ago, I decided to add some pics to my SD card and make one of them the background. I can't do it. Even with the car parked, it won't show them because that function is not allowed while the car is in motion. Other than check all my connections, does anyone have an idea here? Happened to anyone else?

s3customs
03-14-2010, 04:59 AM
not sure why its not working , i just changed my back round the other day and didnt have any problems and mine is hooked up the same way yours is. double check your wires and make sure the relay is tripping when you turn the radio on.and try it after you hit the ok when it appears on the screen.

CookieMan12
03-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I don't even get the option to hit OK anymore. I just get the screen stating it is strictly prohibited to view video while driving, or something to that effect. It's not a huge deal to me, so that's a half-hour project that will be put off until I have time. All I can think of is that the relay is shot, because I really don't think it is the wiring.

fkjf
08-15-2011, 05:32 PM
go to microbypass.com i got one and it works awesome!

foundpenny
08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
I just did the relay bypass for my AVICZ-120. It worked for 2 starts then failed to do anything.

Then I went and found this by-pass using the mute wire and just finished a 4 hour drive watching movies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjUq0_hCDLQ

The AVICZ-120 is a GPS nav/DVD unit, slightly different than yours, but I think the back end is the same.

napa56
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
I would go with a reley...cleaner no toggle and its only 3 wires....One to remote amp....ione to ground...and one to acc.

fkjf
09-09-2011, 11:21 AM
This is the store i got mine from: http://microbypass.com/ its a simple 3-wire hook up behind the radio and its like $7. its way smaller then a relay too. I did the relay thing, but i was getting horrible feedback through my rca's. The high-end shop in by area is Blvd Customs (owned by Dupont Registry so they have a lot of high end stuff for their ferrari's, porsche's, bmw's, maserati's, and bentley's) and they said its because the relay is a big electromagnet and it creates a big magnetic flux field and messes with the rca's. I put this in bc i compete in sq and i have no problems with sound now. Thats where they buy the interface from and were kind enough to let me know. Hope this helps you guys too.

sevendj
09-09-2011, 02:59 PM
This is the store i got mine from: http://microbypass.com/ its a simple 3-wire hook up behind the radio and its like $7. its way smaller then a relay too. I did the relay thing, but i was getting horrible feedback through my rca's. The high-end shop in by area is Blvd Customs (owned by Dupont Registry so they have a lot of high end stuff for their ferrari's, porsche's, bmw's, maserati's, and bentley's) and they said its because the relay is a big electromagnet and it creates a big magnetic flux field and messes with the rca's. I put this in bc i compete in sq and i have no problems with sound now. Thats where they buy the interface from and were kind enough to let me know. Hope this helps you guys too.

spammer?

kudos to the avic411.com reference! that site has answered most of my questions about my x930bt

Barret
07-25-2012, 03:13 PM
I just ran the green wire that comes with the HU to one side of the switch and then grounded the other side. Installed the switch out of sight and easy to get to, called it a day.