Looking for GMOS-01 14 pin wire diagram [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Looking for GMOS-01 14 pin wire diagram

tombaja
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I ordered the Metra GMOS-01 unit but it came with the wrong 14 pin harness (which goes to the radio), the harness I got is for the GMOS-04, but not for the GMOS-01. I would like to modify the GMOS-04 14pin harness (those with the RCA connectors) so I can use it for the GMOS-01 but can't find a wiring diagram for the 14-pin connector. Can anybody help? Or send me a photo from the 14-pin harness where I can identify pin number and color of the wire?

Thanks...

MAY03LT
06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
With the 14 pin connectors locking tab facing up, and the wire side facing you:

Top row

blue/pink, brown, white, gray, empty, empty, blue/white

Bottom row

green/purple, green, white/black, gray/black, orange/white, red, empty

Their functions are on page 3.

gmos01 (http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/120/120GMOS01.PDF)

Looks like the gmos04 has the illumination wire in the 24 pin connector, where the gmos01 has it in the 14 pin.

tombaja
06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
MAY03LT, you saved my day, I already thought I have to buy a new GMOS-01, thank you very much for your reply.
Although I think the other harness I got is the right one (the 12-pin connected to the 24-pin harness), could you be so kind and confirm also the wire diagram of the 12-pin connector?

Locking tab facing up, and the wire side facing you:
Top row:
white, gray, empty, green/orange, brown, empty
Bottom row:
white/black, gray/black, black, gray/red, yellow, pink

Again, I appreciate very much your help. With best regards.
Tom.

MAY03LT
06-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Locking tab facing up, and the wire side facing you:
Top row:
white, gray, empty, green/orange, brown, empty
Bottom row:
white/black, gray/black, black, gray/red, yellow, pink

Confirmed, but from my pic it looks like there are 2 green/orange wires coming out of the same pin. It looks like one goes to a 6pin (along with the gray/red) and the other goes back to the 24pin.

tombaja
06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Hmmh, I have just one green/orange wire which goes to the 12 pin GM Audio connector.Taking the 24-pin connector with the locking tab facing up, and the wire side facing you, I got:
Top row:
orange (pin12), gray, gray/black, green/black, green, empty, empty, empty,orange/white, blue/white. empty, two yellow (pin 1B)
Bottom:
Two black, violet, violet/black, white black, white, empty, empty, empty, empty, empty, purple, two purple (pin 1A).

To which pin does your second green/orange wire go?

Thank's for your help.

MAY03LT
06-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a clear pic of the 24 pin connector, and I have the gmrc01 so I can't check mine.

You might be able to get an answer from crotchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/), they've helped me out with some unusual questions like this one.

tombaja
06-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Again thank you very much for help. Tomorrow I will install my new Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD, I hope everything will work.

With best regards,

Tom.