3" lowering springs from Tahoe - Installed with pix [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: 3" lowering springs from Tahoe - Installed with pix

HoosierTblaze
11-01-2010, 03:01 AM
My suspension setup:

Front: SS springs and shocks (bilstien)
Rear: Eibach 3" lowering springs for a Tahoe/Avalanche etc with Bilstien HD shocks

All new sway bar links and ball joints/tie rods.

I must say I absolutely couldn't have been more happy with this setup. Perfect for drivabilty/towing/good ground clearance and the handling is AMAZING for an SUV. The ride is perfect too...not too soft and not too hard. Gives you a good feeling of the road...non of that floaty nonsense...

With SS front springs stock rear springs
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4064/tblaze.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2563/tblazeh.jpg

Rear springs (stockers are left side eibach tahoe springs on right)
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8123/springcomp.jpg

With the 3" lowering springs for Tahoe... about 1.65" drop
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8658/tblazel.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8184/tblazeside.jpg

Highly recommend this setup....cheers :D

Steeda
10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Do you remember the year Tahoe, or do you have the eibach part #?

HoosierTblaze
10-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Do you remember the year Tahoe, or do you have the eibach part #?

id have to look it up BUT they were from the previous generation tahoe. like...a 2003 or something. just look up 3" lowering springs for a 2002 tahoe....should be the ones. i do still have the original box at my parents house. next time i go there i will look.

Fishsticks
10-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Seems to me that since the 07+ Tahoe spring are what the lifted guys are using. 07+ Tahoe lowering springs would work as well.

HoosierTblaze
10-08-2011, 07:27 PM
how **** sits now

GMC_Envoy_2002
10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
looks nice man! :thumbsup:

Foz
10-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Love the stance your TB has going now. Think come spring this is where im going with mine. I found the 02 tahoe 3" lowering springs can be bought rear only so no extra $$ spent on the fronts.

ylab
10-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Love the stance your TB has going now. Think come spring this is where im going with mine. I found the 02 tahoe 3" lowering springs can be bought rear only so no extra $$ spent on the fronts.

Wrong year though, its the 07+ springs that have the same sized perch. - Just a heads up before you order.

Foz
10-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanx Ylab. I was just going by what hoosier said he had used. Ill have to send him a PM if he doesnt pop by the post and reconfirm

Steeda
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I just Completed the same conversion.

Let me tell you, after putting these springs in, the truck rides like it should. It was definitely under-sprung with the Ground Force Rears.

Eibach Springs, Part # 369-3887.520 PRO-KIT SPRINGS

I purchased new coil spring isolators from NAPA for 3.50 a pop, put sway-bar end links in, and and this truck rides so nice--- Better than Stock.

06Trailman
01-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Let me tell you, after putting these springs in, the truck rides like it should. It was definitely under-sprung with the Ground Force Rears.

I purchased new coil spring isolators from NAPA for 3.50 a pop, put sway-bar end links in, and and this truck rides so nice--- Better than Stock.

will this work on a 2006 TB LS?

06Trailman
01-31-2012, 12:40 PM
a vendor won't sell me the 3882 set since they said 3826.540 is the right one for our TB. Any issues installing/using 3882?

Steeda
01-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Trailman- It will work just fine.

As for the vendor not selling you them, I went through the same thing. I told them what I was doing and they would not sell them to me because their computer didn't list them as a direct replacement.

what i did was cancel the order and place a new one for the Tahoe springs. No questions asked.

Hope you get them!

06Trailman
01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Trailman- It will work just fine.

As for the vendor not selling you them, I went through the same thing. I told them what I was doing and they would not sell them to me because their computer didn't list them as a direct replacement.

what i did was cancel the order and place a new one for the Tahoe springs. No questions asked.

Hope you get them!

Thanks for the response. Woo....feel better now. So did yours drop exactly 2"?

06Trailman
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
i did not notice you typed 3887 and I have been typing 3882 and ebay has 3882 as well. :duh:

Steeda
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the response. Woo....feel better now. So did yours drop exactly 2"?

i am not sure- because i had GF 2" springs in the back that were sagging so bad it was on the bump stops. So, i dont know---- but what I do know is it sits lower than an SS and rides Perfect.

LowSlow O FO
03-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I plan to put SS struts (spring and shock) up front on my 04 LS . Knowing that the SS has ride leveler i figured the rear springs wouldn't be right for my TB. The 1.5" or so drop on your TB looks great. I appreciate the spring comparison picture . Do the Tahoe springs have a comfortable ride? I don't mind a firmer ride than stock boyoying .They look like the first few inches would be decent . Have you put a load in your TB yet? I just don't want to do something I'll regret later. I take the TB on vacations with kids ,luggage and dog.
Thanks for any info. This site is the best.

06Trailman
03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
I plan to put SS struts (spring and shock) up front on my 04 LS . Knowing that the SS has ride leveler i figured the rear springs wouldn't be right for my TB. The 1.5" or so drop on your TB looks great. I appreciate the spring comparison picture . Do the Tahoe springs have a comfortable ride? I don't mind a firmer ride than stock boyoying .They look like the first few inches would be decent . Have you put a load in your TB yet? I just don't want to do something I'll regret later. I take the TB on vacations with kids ,luggage and dog.
Thanks for any info. This site is the best.

My setup front is SS shocks and springs but I upgraded my swaybar to the gm performance, with 2" drop on eiback 3887, my ride has gone so much better. TB handles so well and it feels that your driving a smaller car coz it can maneuver around easily.

LowSlow O FO
03-27-2012, 03:04 PM
06, Which back shock did you use? I am probably going with the same set up. Did you look into the Tahoe rear springs? I think the shock length might matter due to the shock will be already partially compressed and may be a bit more harsh than a shock designed to start at the shorter length.
I really appreciate the help.

LowSlow O FO
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey 06, I realize now that the "Eibachs" ARE the Tahoe springs. Where should I buy the springs and the shocks? I am going to do the rear right away. I am going to do ball joints and a tie rod end ant the same tie as I do the front "SS" spring shock set up. My Trailblazer has 150k on it. The front end needs some TLC . So I will give it a real hop up instead.

06Trailman
03-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey 06, I realize now that the "Eibachs" ARE the Tahoe springs. Where should I buy the springs and the shocks? I am going to do the rear right away. I am going to do ball joints and a tie rod end ant the same tie as I do the front "SS" spring shock set up. My Trailblazer has 150k on it. The front end needs some TLC . So I will give it a real hop up instead.

I got the 3887 eibach rear springs from ATC in Az for like $149 shipped. They are made for Avalance, Tahoe and Suburbans that are bigger than our TBs which perhaps explains why the springs can handle the TB so well. I got my shocks from gmpartsdirect and they are SS shocks. Looking at your plan and it looks like it will have a lot better and comfortable ride.

LowSlow O FO
05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Trailman or Steeda, I replaced my springs with the Eibachs my TB dropped to 32" to the top of the fender lip. My bump stops are hitting when parked. Did you have to cut back your bumpstops? The part number 3887-520 is the same.
I took it for a ride and the first thing I notice is hitting the bump stops.

06Trailman
05-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Trailman or Steeda, I replaced my springs with the Eibachs my TB dropped to 32" to the top of the fender lip. My bump stops are hitting when parked. Did you have to cut back your bumpstops? The part number 3887-520 is the same.
I took it for a ride and the first thing I notice is hitting the bump stops.

32"? That seem lower than mine and perhaps that's the reason why. Mine is about 33" and don't have any problems. looks like it happens on some tbss owners too when it's low. Hope this link helps:

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52758

Ask that guy Tony, he is a good guy and available 24/7 for any questions. Let me know how you resolve it though...

LowSlow O FO
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
06 Thanks for helping me out so quickly. The ride height looks good. I just wish I could be sure that if I cut the Bump stops it won't get lower. Also I hope it handles a full load. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again.

LowSlow O FO
05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I crawled underneath again and managed to get my fingers between the bumper and the stop on 1 side and almost on the gas tank side (which currently is full (about 80 dollars of investment). Did you have to cut your bumpers ? Mine is 4wd so maybe there is a bit more weight.

06Trailman
05-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I crawled underneath again and managed to get my fingers between the bumper and the stop on 1 side and almost on the gas tank side (which currently is full (about 80 dollars of investment). Did you have to cut your bumpers ? Mine is 4wd so maybe there is a bit more weight.

nope no cutting at all. Mine is 2WD only maybe you're right because of you being 4WD.

LowSlow O FO
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
My ol' lady loves the ride of her new rear end. So I am all set with the back.
I want to drop the front only a bit ,maybe 3/4 to 1 inch. I have read a bit about the beltech adjustable struts. Any thoughts? The ability to adjust the height sounds good. I am concerned the SS struts may drop the front more than I want.

LowSlow O FO
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Cut my bump stops today, Took one section off. Next up front struts. I think I am going with the SS struts. I'll get a little more opinion from you guys. The O FO is definitely riding nicer.

06Trailman
05-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Cut my bump stops today, Took one section off. Next up front struts. I think I am going with the SS struts. I'll get a little more opinion from you guys. The O FO is definitely riding nicer.

How's the ride after cutting it? It solves your problem? SS front shocks/springs below. They are Bilstein and ride smooth. I upgraded to GM performance sway bars too to compliment it. If you can afford coilovers and change arms, ride would be a lot better, cornering will be great. KBEE and DJM arms are great working together.

Post #96:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=42234&page=10

LowSlow O FO
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes cutting the bumpers gave me the travel I needed and didn't change the height any more nice handling . :thumbsup:
So you are saying to go with the SS strut and spring and a Coil over strut if I can afford it? Also the control arms sound great but right now my employer isn't looking to give me a giant raise that I deserve.
What will be the drop or measurement to the front fender lip if I go with SS strut and spring set up? I plan on putting on 20s when I get some more moolah.

Thanks again.

LowSlow O FO
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
OK I see the link "below"

LowSlow O FO
05-11-2012, 12:49 AM
I got the 3887 eibach rear springs from ATC in Az for like $149 shipped. They are made for Avalance, Tahoe and Suburbans that are bigger than our TBs which perhaps explains why the springs can handle the TB so well. I got my shocks from gmpartsdirect and they are SS shocks. Looking at your plan and it looks like it will have a lot better and comfortable ride.

When ordering my struts I notice the P/N is the same as the stock strut for a regular TB. How does this lower my front end? Do I need a different mount?

06Trailman
05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Yes cutting the bumpers gave me the travel I needed and didn't change the height any more nice handling . :thumbsup:
So you are saying to go with the SS strut and spring and a Coil over strut if I can afford it? Also the control arms sound great but right now my employer isn't looking to give me a giant raise that I deserve.
What will be the drop or measurement to the front fender lip if I go with SS strut and spring set up? I plan on putting on 20s when I get some more moolah.

Thanks again.

Tony said if would drop .5 to 1" it didn't do it on mine and height is about the same. I mean if you wanna go for coilovers that would be better but since your employer is not gonna give you that raise, might as well go with SS shocks/springs since coilovers are pricey.

SS Front shocks and springs would cost about $300 or so shipped. Stock ride but cornering is better...

06Trailman
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
When ordering my struts I notice the P/N is the same as the stock strut for a regular TB. How does this lower my front end? Do I need a different mount?

for SS, should be:

TBSS Front Shocks 15125521
TBSS Front Springs 15853193

It didn't lower my LS before but ride is better. :thumbsup:

LowSlow O FO
05-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I just replaced my front struts. The Lo Slo rides higher . I bought Moog strut assemblies off of Ebay. They said they are an exact fit for the SS. This thing rides higher than ever. I am going o contact the seller. They are rated very high. If I get no help I may remove the struts and cut a new clip groove in the strut the way they show on this site. The Tahoe rear spring has been perfect.
Can anybody tell me the dimension from tip to tip of a SS strut assembly?

LowSlow O FO
06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I just finished installing Eibach lowering springs up front. Looks more like what I want. Now it is time for 20's. I'll put up the pics .

nitromxi69
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
looking to drop my 05' trail in the rear so that i am all squared off from the front dont know what company is the best, for price and performce.. dont wanna get in some **** thats going to piss away my money and make me have to redo it all... any ideas... also looking on putting 20 inch rims on if that helps any one out..

:bonk:

LowSlow O FO
06-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Nitro: I'll post the pics of my 04' LS . I went with the Eibach Tahoe springs in the back, ,I did what the guys on this thread wrote about. After messing around and learning on the job. I put Eibach lowering springs on the front. On the 4x4 the "SS" struts don't seem to drop at all. Now be informed the struts I put on were "replacement struts" for the TB and were advertised as an exact replacement for the SS Moog brand. The 4x4 has a different strut mount on the bottom than the 4x2. I like the ride I have now and I will be putting on 20's as soon as I find a reasonable priced pair.

LowSlow O FO
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
looking to drop my 05' trail in the rear so that i am all squared off from the front dont know what company is the best, for price and performce.. dont wanna get in some **** thats going to piss away my money and make me have to redo it all... any ideas... also looking on putting 20 inch rims on if that helps any one out..

:bonk:

Nitro, The Eibach Tahoe rear springs may be just a little low in the back if your struts up front are in very good shape. After I put the new struts up front it looked like one of those Ol' time Willys' Dragsters jacked in the front. OK I am exaggerating a bit. Keep reading the posts by the guys on this site. They know everything.

piersm2
06-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Ordered Front SS shocks and springs for my 05 LT. Also ordered rear SS shocks and ordered 2" drop springs. Well got a call that they do not know when the 2" drop springs will be available again. Looking to purchase the Eibach 3887.520 springs (tahoe 3" drops). Will this give me a level look?

piersm2
06-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Ordered Front SS shocks and springs for my 05 LT. Also ordered rear SS shocks and ordered 2" drop springs. Well got a call that they do not know when the 2" drop springs will be available again. Looking to purchase the Eibach 3887.520 springs (tahoe 3" drops). Will this give me a level look?

Here is the link

http://www.jegs.com/i/Eibach/369/3887.520/10002/-1

06Trailman
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM

The ss front shocks/springs wont lower your front. It would looks the same. The only difference is that it handles a lot better especially having the gm oem performance swaybar.

piersm2
06-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I don't want much of a drop. Heard it lowers only about an inch. Good for me. I want rear springs that level the stance out more than anything. The way it sits right now, the rear is raked up a bit. Any suggestions?

Pittdawg
06-12-2012, 06:07 PM
The ss front shocks/springs wont lower your front. It would looks the same. The only difference is that it handles a lot better especially having the gm oem performance swaybar.

You realize he doesn't have an SS right? It will lower him. Exactly how much apparently ranges from as little as .5 up to a full inch.

piersm2
06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
You realize he doesn't have an SS right? It will lower him. Exactly how much apparently ranges from as little as .5 up to a full inch.

Ya I am not looking to lower much at all. I want a stiffer ride. I just don't know what to do for springs in the back to level it out

Pittdawg
06-12-2012, 07:56 PM

Just read your earlier post where you stated the SS springs did not lower you at all. Interesting. I do know there are like 10 different stock (non-SS) springs used over the years with varying degrees of stiffness, I supposed your stockers were the least stiff and the lowest of the bunch equating to stock ss height...interesting.

piersm2
06-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Can anyone tell me the amount of drop I will want for a level stance with ss shocks and springs up front? I want to get them ordered this week.

ylab
06-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Can anyone tell me the amount of drop I will want for a level stance with ss shocks and springs up front? I want to get them ordered this week.

The answer depends on what springs you now have, but in general 1.5-2.0 drop springs should lower or leave a slight amount of rake front to back. (That's TB/Envoy drop springs and not the measurements from the Tahoe springs....they give about 1" of drop, which comes close to matching most factory springs).

piersm2
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
The answer depends on what springs you now have, but in general 1.5-2.0 drop springs should lower or leave a slight amount of rake front to back. (That's TB/Envoy drop springs and not the measurements from the Tahoe springs....they give about 1" of drop, which comes close to matching most factory springs).

I'm having a tough time finding 2" drop springs in stock. Any brand to look for or retailer?

Pittdawg
06-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Wrong year though, its the 07+ springs that have the same sized perch. - Just a heads up before you order.

The part number listed by those who actually installed the springs is for 2002-2006 Tahoes, why do people keep saying 07+? Do we need 07+ for the front as opposed to the rear? What gives?

piersm2
06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
I would say that these would be good rear springs with front ss suspension setup.

http://www.carparts.com/details/Chevrolet/Trailblazer/Belltech/Lowering_Springs/2005/B264230.html?TID=froogle&cpbelosp05chevrolettrailblazer20022007belltechb264 2301171636

Anyone use these?

LowSlow O FO
07-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Got the TB just where I want it. Eibach Tahoe rear springs and Eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs up front. Just put the 20's on yesterday.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7506040854_6cfde2de7c_z.jpg

Lastchance12
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Are the sway bar links necessary for the springs to work?

Lastchance12
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Got the TB just where I want it. Eibach Tahoe rear springs and Eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs up front. Just put the 20's on yesterday.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7506040854_6cfde2de7c_z.jpg

You should always black out your license plate before posting a pic..... Just a thought.:offtopic:

Lastchance12
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I have a 02 ls trailblazer that is blacked out with 22" rims. Been looking into the DJM but its pretty expensive. The Tahoe springs are cheaper but not sure if its the drop I want. Any ideas?

LowSlow O FO
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
You should always black out your license plate before posting a pic..... Just a thought.:offtopic:

Thanks for the info. I wonder if I can change it now or has the horse left the barn.

06Trailman
10-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the info. I wonder if I can change it now or has the horse left the barn.

you should be ok. tons of ppl see your license plate whenever you drive anyway....