fuel filter location [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: fuel filter location

05trailblazer1
07-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi, I have a 05 trailblazer. where is the fuel filter located. I've looked along the chasis and around the fuel tank and can't find it. Thanks

deathbynosleep
07-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi, I have a 05 trailblazer. where is the fuel filter located. I've looked along the chasis and around the fuel tank and can't find it. Thanks

Do a search in the forums, i think it was in an older thread. I thought it was near the fuel tank though.

Envoy Fan
07-04-2005, 02:00 PM

Welcome to the forum :yes:

Trace the fuel line from the tank. It should be located in front of the tank close to the frame. :m2:

black03tb
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
I thought I read somewhere on gmtechlink.com (put out by GM for dealership service departments) that the fuel filters on the 05 TB are somehow integrated with the fuel pump and are not serviceable. I think it also said that we can expect more vehicles in the future to be equipped this way with increased emissions controls. One less thing to maintain... :p

02EnvoySLE Guy
07-05-2005, 12:52 AM
One less thing to maintain... :p

Actually probably one more thing prone to failures and expensive to fix. :duh: (And coincidentally it will likely be classified as a wear item and thus not covered by warranty) :rolleyes:

black03tb
07-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Actually probably one more thing prone to failures and expensive to fix. :duh: (And coincidentally it will likely be classified as a wear item and thus not covered by warranty) :rolleyes:

:undecided Yes, more expensive to fix, but if they make a part unservicable, how can they classify it as a wear item? Also, any part associated with emissions control (seeing as this is the reason for the change) falls under an emissions warranty mandated by the government.

MoJoe
07-06-2005, 11:41 PM
According to part sites like Rockauto, they say they sell fuel filters for the 2005. Curious to see.

techieguy
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
According to one of the GM postings (http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=16) on this site, the 05 is non servicable and is part of the fuel pump.

chasmanz28
11-05-2005, 11:28 PM
According to one of the GM postings (http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=16) on this site, the 05 is non servicable and is part of the fuel pump.I always changed my filter once a year, why they changed the location where it cant be touched is beyond me, im sure these filters will get clogged then what?

venom blk
11-06-2005, 12:17 AM
if you have one it would be on the driver side look under the tb and you will see the gas tank it sits long ways under the tb. it is on the front side of the gas tank up,near the driver door.

ScarabEpic22
11-06-2005, 03:56 AM
if you have one it would be on the driver side look under the tb and you will see the gas tank it sits long ways under the tb. it is on the front side of the gas tank up,near the driver door.
Please read the previous post.:m2:

On 05+ TB/Voys, the fuel filter is integral with the fuel pump inside of the fuel tank. It is a nonserviceable part. On 02-04s, the filter is on the drivers side frame rail at about the B-pillar.