lots of codes. B0222, B0237, B0267, B0291, B0281, P1482 [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: lots of codes. B0222, B0237, B0267, B0291, B0281, P1482

thuna
03-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Geez. So many things to tackle.
I have no brake lights working. The bulbs are fine, fuses are fine. I went to autozone and they pulled these codes. I think the B0281 is the stop lamp switch, which should fix the brake lights not working (part coming in at 2 PM). But the rest of them....so many.

Little history. Last fall I was having a reduced engine light going on and I would stall. I read here to check the fan clutch harness for chaffing and it was indeed the problem. I replaced the fan clutch. Reduced power problem went away. I reset the engine codes and it came back on, again with the P1482. I had just replaced the fan clutch and truck was working fine, so I never went after it to figure it out. So here we are now. With many codes. I have search this forum and google and can't find the "B" codes any where.

Anyone have a clue??:weird:

thuna
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I am now believing that the Autozone scanner was wrong on the letter. I can not find any B codes with the numbers that came up. I researched the "C" codes and the numbers now match to the description. Anyone else have the wrong codes pulled from Autozone?
:duh:

sl33py34
06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I also have lots of codes and im having the same problems as you. Codes are B0267, B0281, B0291, B0237 can you tell me how you fixed your vehicle.

westtwin
06-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I had a bunch of brake codes, but their reader showed them as history, bo291 bo281 bo226. I assumed History meant it was corrected, and a po128, too cool, and ses light has gone out. Hey no ses I get through emissions, and see if history shows up on the code reader. Auto Zone guy had never seen history before, but I will drive with blinders on until better informed.:bonk:
bo291 park brake a relay short open history
b0281 Stop lamp circuit switch history
B0226 left front wheel speed signal missing history
Maybe somewhere else for a code read. SES light on?

sl33py34
06-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the reply all my codes say history too so I went on and removed the SES hopefully it does not light up again.

doniphan77
08-27-2011, 04:35 PM
I had a bunch of brake codes, but their reader showed them as history, bo291 bo281 bo226. I assumed History meant it was corrected, and a po128, too cool, and ses light has gone out. Hey no ses I get through emissions, and see if history shows up on the code reader. Auto Zone guy had never seen history before, but I will drive with blinders on until better informed.:bonk:
bo291 park brake a relay short open history
b0281 Stop lamp circuit switch history
B0226 left front wheel speed signal missing history
Maybe somewhere else for a code read. SES light on?

The word HISTORY refers in my scanner (Actron CP9580) to the DTC type, which can be:
HISTORY: Intermitent code placed in the vehicle's memory when the trouble originally occured, and will remain there even if the trouble has been corrected. If no trouble after 50 engine warm-up cycles, the DTC will be erased.
CURRENT: Codes transmitted thorugh the PCMs data stream when a trouble condition is active and cannot be erased. The problem must be repaired to remove the DTC.
INTERMITENT: Code has been set at least once but possibly not enough to cause a history code to be stored.
MIL: This DTC has turned on the MIL light
PENDING: Also referred to as continuous monitor or maturing codes. An intermitent fault causes the control module to store a code in memory. If the fault does not occur within a certain number of warm-up cycles (depending on vehicle), the code clears from memory. If fault occurs a specific number of times, the code matures into a DTC and the MIL illuminates or blinks.
NON-MIL: DTC that is not emission-related and did not turn on the MIL light.