2014: The Return of the TrailBlazer? [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: 2014: The Return of the TrailBlazer?

Pages : [1] 2

crmcknight
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I tried to post this in the GM News forum - but it wouldnt work.

While checking out the new posts over at GMI this morning, I came across a thread that reports that Edmunds.com claims a 2014 RWD, Body on Frame SUV based on Colorado is coming. Heres a link to the video from Edmunds, and a link to the thread at GMI. Let's hope it really happens someday! With the next gen Equinox getting downsized, there will be a gaping hole to fill in the lineup between a (smaller) Equinox, and the much larger Traverse.

http://bcove.me/br5g1z36 (Video)

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/edmunds-reports-2014-chevy-suv-coming-based-new-colorado-platform-101773/

Enjoy.

DZP
03-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks very promising and just in time to add an additional/new vehicle to my driveway. Not necissarily retiring the current ride but maybe passing it on to one of my kids.

Loverotties
03-31-2011, 11:56 AM
Looks nice,but doubt they call them Traiblazer.

LS7JEN
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
That's the new Chevrolet Tahoe. It will be the "new" SUV size. Get ready for it. PS GM made a BIG mistake ending the Trailblazer. Traverse, just doesn't cut it.
Face it......GM knew in 5 years the Full sized Tahoe would be Trailblazer Sized.

03Jailblazer
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
that would be awesome if they were called a trailblazer as well, i bet ill still be driving my 2003 in 2014 tho so i guess we will all see what becomes if this story

crmcknight
03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
well the big news here in Janesville lately has been to reopen the GM plant here in 2014..It was the Tahoe line soooo if they put into production a mid-sized suv, id say this would be where it would go....And after hearing the news of it about a week ago i drove over there....what used to be a ghost town at the plant now has some activity going on(20-30 cars in the parking lot)...something is goin on over there,,i hope the plant goes back into production again,,it will support alot of jobs to the area again.

It would be great if they opened Janesville again, I hope they do, I work with some people from there that would like to go back home if they could. There was an article (that I can't find again) where Joe Ashton (VP of the UAW) mentioned the reopening of Janesville and Spring Hill.

We can only hope. :)

wardak33
03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Eh. If they can produce an engine better than what we have now, maybe. The looks of the truck just don't grab my attention in a good way. And I would love to see how/if they would come out with an SS version.

Decembersend
03-31-2011, 02:18 PM
It would be great if they opened Janesville again, I hope they do, I work with some people from there that would like to go back home if they could. There was an article (that I can't find again) where Joe Ashton (VP of the UAW) mentioned the reopening of Janesville and Spring Hill.

We can only hope. :)

That would be great to see, I def. would buy one my TB would be paid off b4 then enough time to save up.

Maybe another SS line which is what I truly want :D

Wex
03-31-2011, 06:11 PM
I kinda wonder what the typical cost of one gallon of fuel will cost in 2014-2015. I know it is not far off in the future but hmmmm

jacob789456
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
woo hoo! Hopefully the new "trailblazer" will be offered in America and not only foreign countries. Thank you GM, if this is a Body on Frame, RWD/4WD solid rear axle vehicle that can tow, you just got a buyer!

SparkyJJO
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
As long as it doesn't have a kinda girlish happy face on it. Needs a strong manly truck face. If you get what I mean.

kiyap18
03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
i hope that high roof is just to disguise the body lines

ScarabEpic22
03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Promising, guess we'll see in the next year or so when the body isnt cloaked as much!

Guys on GMInsider are speculating a DI small V6...might be nice for mileage but Ive gotta tow crap...

Loverotties
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
I kinda wonder what the typical cost of one gallon of fuel will cost in 2014-2015. I know it is not far off in the future but hmmmm

Not only the price of the gas ,but the car!Probably start at $60,000.

Decembersend
04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Well if it is the new trailblazer they need to get a hold of Mark so he can design a lift for it :D

I_hate_joining
04-01-2011, 05:21 PM
that would be awesome if they were called a trailblazer as well, i bet ill still be driving my 2003 in 2014 tho so i guess we will all see what becomes if this story

Unless it becomes a hybrid most won't be able to afford the gas for a SUV that gets less than 35 mpg.

It's about $70 to fill up now, we will be paying $100 by summer.

Sadly we own dinosaurs, we should enjoy it why we can.

GM needs to be working on an all electric mid sized SUV, it not like they lack room to put frigging power cells even in the current frame.

WTF, the GM bozos sold their hybrid technology to Japan and they build the Prius with the info.:duh:

gotspeed1
04-01-2011, 06:12 PM
--Unless it becomes a hybrid most won't be able to afford the gas for a SUV that gets less than 35 mpg.

GM needs to be working on an all electric mid sized SUV, it not like they lack room to put frigging power cells even in the current frame.

WTF, the GM bozos sold their hybrid technology to Japan and they build the Prius with the info.----

They can have their hybrid BS. Some people still enjoy driving a vehicle that the don't have to throw away their dignity when they sit in the seat. Dinosaurs, maybe, but at least their built the way a vehicle should be. :m2:

wardak33
04-01-2011, 06:26 PM

:worried: :( :mad: :sadcry:

wardak33
04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
They can have their hybrid BS. Some people still enjoy driving a vehicle that the don't have to throw away their dignity when they sit in the seat. Dinosaurs, maybe, but at least their built the way a vehicle should be. :m2:

I used to be like that and always hated the idea of having a hybrid. But being a full-time student in college and trying to maintain a job while having good grades is getting to me. I'm at risk of losing my job right now due to the crappy economy and budget cuts at the hospital where i work. I'm paying over $80/week in gas because of soaring gas prices. Do I love driving my truck? Absolutely! Do I love the way it's built? there's a few flaws but overall I'm pretty happy. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind driving a hybrid at the moment.

I acknowledged and took the risk of rising gas prices. There's no one to blame but myself obviously, so I know what I had in store. Until gas prices come down, I'm going to be driving my sisters Malibu a little more frequently which gets a whopping 30 MPG.

Decembersend
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Did anyone else hear the guy say that non of these prototypes sounded like they were packing oil burning engines. Electric???:confused:

I_hate_joining
04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
--Unless it becomes a hybrid most won't be able to afford the gas for a SUV that gets less than 35 mpg.

WTF, the GM bozos sold their hybrid technology to Japan and they build the Prius with the info.----

Like it or not it is reality. When I was a kid in the 60's I remember gas $.27 a gallon which was equal to about $1.60 in today's dollars. If you were around in the early 80's gas was around $2.25 which is about equal to $3.60 today.
It's only going up and will get higher with China and India needing more gas than ever. Everyone now wants the same finite resource, oil.

Human as a species will not progress until we learn how to fully utilize the power of the sun.

regulator1175
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Did anyone else hear the guy say that non of these prototypes sounded like they were packing oil burning engines. Electric???:confused:

I took it that he was referring to there not being a diesel engine in the mix.

Decembersend
04-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I took it that he was referring to there not being a diesel engine in the mix.

Could be as he said no diesel but I figured you'd still be able to hear an oiled engine

Fadyasha
04-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Now this is the sort of news you love to wake up too!:thumbsup:

DJones
04-02-2011, 12:07 PM
That's the new Chevrolet Tahoe. It will be the "new" SUV size. Get ready for it. PS GM made a BIG mistake ending the Trailblazer. Traverse, just doesn't cut it.
Face it......GM knew in 5 years the Full sized Tahoe would be Trailblazer Sized.

They wouldn't shrink the already shrunken Tahoe. The Tahoe is only a shrunken Suburban, designed for soccer moms. To shrink the full size truck, they would also have to shrink the Avalanche, Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV, Yukon, and Yukon XL. I've heard reports that the GMT930 trucks can't hold a full size piece of plywood, which is bad enough. The 830's could.

bobbyjean
04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
:m2:Hello all, i was hoping gm might bring trailblazer back,but like the others dodge,ford it probably won't be the same. i am no expert but i have driven equinox,traverese-you call em what you will , i call them cars with big rims,i want a full frame 4wheel, not all wheel ride. keeping my 02 on line as long as i can.

gotspeed1
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Human as a species will not progress until we learn how to fully utilize the power of the sun.

:hijacked...or the government can allow us to drill in our own country... what a hell of a thought. Drill off of our coast and within its boundaries, give jobs to AMERICANS who will in turn put money back into the economy and not have to buy resources from our enemies. (Sorry mods, end of my political discussion, just trying to reach the naive and blind.):hijacked

kevinwilesjr
04-04-2011, 01:43 AM
I was hoping that they would bring it back. Dodge did it with the Durango...took a couple of years off, redesigned it, worked out some of the kinks, and now it's back.

Why couldn't GM do the same thing. However, if you look closely at that picture, the grille appears to match that of the Tahoe's.....sadly.

We will just have to way and see what GM decides to throw out there at the Autoshows coming up in the next year or so....

TBSS110
04-08-2011, 05:01 AM
if only GM knew how badly we wanted the trailblazer back.... Well... as long as its properly equiped with an amazing engine, maybe a 5 or 6 speed ( that is after they start making a decent tranny), a posi, and a nice towing package.... And I think we can all agree, if you ever go off road, Traction control... one thing I wish they put into these babys... oooh and a 4wd system that doesnt give H*** everytime you want to use it. 4 wheel air ride would be a nice add-on too. I hate to say it but if the cant come up with a trailblazer or similar, I'm gonna get a Grand Cherokee, I know it sounds bad at first, but I gave it a chance and it suprised me with on the fly air lift suspension (up to 3 inches ajustable), amazing 4wd and a really nice interior, but it really isnt a dodge, its just a fancy mercedes

kevinwilesjr
04-08-2011, 06:39 AM
if only GM knew how badly we wanted the trailblazer back.... Well... as long as its properly equiped with an amazing engine, maybe a 5 or 6 speed ( that is after they start making a decent tranny), a posi, and a nice towing package.... And I think we can all agree, if you ever go off road, Traction control... one thing I wish they put into these babys... oooh and a 4wd system that doesnt give H*** everytime you want to use it. 4 wheel air ride would be a nice add-on too. I hate to say it but if the cant come up with a trailblazer or similar, I'm gonna get a Grand Cherokee, I know it sounds bad at first, but I gave it a chance and it suprised me with on the fly air lift suspension (up to 3 inches ajustable), amazing 4wd and a really nice interior, but it really isnt a dodge, its just a fancy mercedes

I don't think there are a TON of changes that really need to be made other than maybe tweaking the engine to get better gas mileage.

As far as traction control, the G80 rear differential is a limited slip differential, so that's taken care of. I'm not sure what "H***" is, but my 4 wheel drive works just fine without any complaints here, so that, IMO is taken care of as well.

As far as 4-wheel air ride, that may be better for the SS owners out there, to be able to adjust the suspension for sport/touring/etc. A lot of the Envoy owners ditch the bags for springs, or so it seems on here anyways.

And isn't Mercedes already a fancy car? How is it that Jeep/Dodge is now a Fancy Mercedes? :raspberry

SteveTB03
04-08-2011, 06:47 AM
G80 is a locker not a limited slip.

BO TIE SS
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
maybe a 5 or 6 speed ( that is after they start making a decent tranny)
What's wrong with the 6L80E? (other than the fact that it's an automatic) :p

kevinwilesjr
04-09-2011, 03:23 AM
G80 is a locker not a limited slip.

You are correct.....late night posting strikes again! I have a G80....so you think that would have been emblazoned into my brain at this point.... :duh:

EwingJK
04-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I was hoping that they would bring it back. Dodge did it with the Durango...took a couple of years off, redesigned it, worked out some of the kinks, and now it's back.

The old Durango was a Daimler/Chrysler product. The new Durango is a Fiat/Chrysler product. German vs. Italian.

Here is an excerpt from the New Chrysler LLC web site.

"With a cemented collaboration between Chrysler and Fiat, the New Chrysler Group is armed with proven processes, invigorated with access to new technologies and altogether able to streamline the path from planning to market. For the automotive consumer, this remarkable partnership will provide a product portfolio which will see 75 percent of the current lineup enhanced within the next 14 months and vehicles which will be 100 percent refreshed and reinvented by 2012. In the most basic of terms, it will give new customers newfound reasons to visit a Chrysler showroom for the very first time."

ScarabEpic22
04-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Sorry bud but you're misinformed about our current trucks if you're saying some of these things.

We've had traction control as an option since 2002. Until 06 it was only available in 2WD, 06-09 all 4WD/AWD trucks have it. 06 is when GM added StabiliTrak to our trucks, so TC became std then as well.

My 02 has 120k on it, Ive replaced the fr/rr diff fluid every ~40k, new cv axles at 118k because the old ones were throwing grease and I was tired of dealing with it, and a $10 diff seal on the front. Thats all the issues Ive had, original TCCM, original switch, encoder motor, etc. Its been driven in 4WD often, spent 2 years in the winter almost full time in 4HI, plus always been driven to the mountains for skiing. No issues here.

I will agree on the engine, wish GM would have direct injected the I6, that'd be a powerful motor. Add intake cam VVT and yea, it'd easily take out a 5.3.

And 4 wheel airbags would be interesting, not sure if it would be necessary, but might be nice to have especially for the SS to get a little more ground clearance in the winter.

The new 6 speed autos handle serious power. CTS-V, Vette, G8, Escalade, Yukon Denali all have either 6L80E or 6L90Es. Ive seen Vettes pushing serious power (600rwhp) on a stock trans with a little tuning.

Posi, swap a TBSS rear axle and you've got a LSD. G80 is a locker alraedy...

Towing package, the I6 is very capable and the 5.3/6.0 are even better. If you mean an external trans cooler then yes, I agree that should be factory equipment. But Ive dragged my 4100lbs boats around with my 02 I6 since it had less than 500mi on it. Not a huge load, but I know others on here carry bigger loads without issues. The SS tows the boats like a dream, I tow in OD all the time once I get on the highway and it never downshifts or hunts for a gear.

DJones
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I read an article today in MotorTrend that says GM may cancel the Acadia. The Enclave was also mentioned, but the Traverse was not. It was to introduce a new GMC that has suicide doors, which starts production in late 2012.

MrSmithsTB
08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Rut-roh

PoGoX7
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Chevy can consider it my graduation present !!!... How awesome would it be to have the first NEW Trailblazer !!! along with my 2002, the First Trailblazer in my garage !!!... of course my 1967 Mustang is still my baby, it'll sit nicely just chilling for weekend rides ha ha...

trailblazingold
08-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Better have 600hp, 55505 mpg and cost 1 big mac.

gmdude2004
08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I'll take this with a V8 any day of the week.

gmdude2004
08-25-2011, 12:55 PM
+1 , But I'm not a bif fan of the rear.

I'd prefer it was an SUV (big dog, and kids) but it's still good looking.

SparkyJJO
08-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe it is just me, but the grille looks too "car-ish" to me.

SparkyJJO
08-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Someone has spied the twin of this SUV, the Colorado w/o camo. All I say is I hope the suv will have better trim.

Link:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/08/2013-chevrolet-colorado-pickup-truck.html

I like how they taped over the bowtie - as if the signature chevy grille wouldn't give it away :bonk:

I don't really like the Toyota-esque tail lights that stick out funny and don't flow with the body lines. Always looks stupid to me.

SparkyJJO
08-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah...

Hey, GM, you listening? We want THOSE tail lights from the Holden model here in the USA, not funky Toyota-wannabe tail lights!

mwfaith1971
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
GM really should look further afield for new designs. If the design from another country is better, use it! Then again, I might be biased.

Matt

DZP
09-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Maybe this is what we may be looking at in the future 2012 Isuzu Alterra updated in GM tradition.

http://cdn5.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/isuzu-mu-7.jpg

vipergg
09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Maybe this is what we may be looking at in the future 2012 Isuzu Alterra updated in GM tradition.

http://cdn5.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/isuzu-mu-7.jpg

oohh I like it. Looks like an updated version to my Ascender . Could be my next SUV. Is Isuzu getting back into the field ? They pulled out 2 years ago aside from their trucks.:thumbsup:

02BlackTrailB
09-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Hoping for a new SS maybe give us the 6.2L now lol 2014 is a long time but im already excited to see what develops out of this

limequat
10-12-2011, 09:07 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/12/chevrolet-confirms-colorado-based-trailblazer/

Please, please put in an updated 4.2!

the roadie
10-12-2011, 09:13 AM
If our GM Social Media rep wanted to do something USEFUL, they should have been the ones to announce this news here. Or keep it updated.

fevrej
10-12-2011, 09:17 AM
If our GM Social Media rep wanted to do something USEFUL, they should have been the ones to announce this news here. Or keep it updated.

Perhaps a subtle sign that NA isn't getting this new Trailblazer? Or it is so far in the future they don't want to get us too hot and bothered this early on? :coffee

limequat
10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Perhaps a subtle sign that NA isn't getting this new Trailblazer? Or it is so far in the future they don't want to get us too hot and bothered this early on? :coffee

Nope, it's already confirmed for NA. Supposed to be unveiled this year.

TXBlazer
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Wait...What????!! GM Social Media Rep.......:crackup::rotfl:

fevrej
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Nope, it's already confirmed for NA. Supposed to be unveiled this year.

Is it confirmed? The link you posted says "the Colorado has recently been confirmed for the U.S., we wouldn't be surprised to see a new TrailBlazer once again plying America's roads." I do hope so, though, as I wouldn't mind an upgrade in a couple years after any kinks have been worked out. :woot:

TrailBlazin420
10-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I just read about it here as well: http://jalopnik.com/5848995/the-chevrolet-trailblazer-is-back

I am very excited! :woot: I just took delivery of my 2002 TB LTZ on Friday, got a new battery, oil change and finally, after my Dad, who bought it new in 2001, drove it for 170,000 miles, replaced the brake pads. Sunday I left Medina, OH and by Monday afternoon I was in Fort Myers, FL! Not one issue with ride at all! If that is any indication of how Trailvoy ownership is, I only wish I would have done it sooner! Maybe I can pick up a used 2020 Trailblazer SS when the time is right!

hardtrailz400
10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Hope it has a real frame and a two speed transfer case.

navigator
10-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm sure it will have the same IFS/oilpan design and splined disconnect as well.
Oh, the Tstat is bound to be the same also.

I'm thinking the colorado is smaller than our TB.

limequat
10-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Hope it has a real frame and a two speed transfer case.

Frame is gauranteed as it's based on the Colorado. 2 speed t/c ... doubt it, but maybe.

limequat
10-12-2011, 11:22 AM
GM press release, it's official:

DETROIT Ė Chevrolet will introduce the all-new, 2013 TrailBlazer midsize SUV in global markets, beginning in Thailand, in early 2012. Built on a new global midsize platform developed by GM do Brasil, the TrailBlazer will combine the hauling and towing capability of an SUV with the ride comfort and efficiency of a crossover. The new TrailBlazer will be unveiled at Dubai International Motor Show, Nov. 10-14.

shorty
10-12-2011, 11:48 AM
GM had a ton of old useless trailblazer parts to get rid of ! :woohoo:

busterbrown
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Car & Driver publication from July 2011 shows some spy photos:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/spied/11q3/2013_chevrolet_colorado_suv_spy_photos-future_cars

ScarabEpic22
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, based off the Colorado's frame now is it? Oh wait, the current Colorado platform is based off the GMT360 platform, now I remember. :laugh:

So it still might be based off the GMT360 although it will be smaller, so Id imagine its probably on the new upcoming Colorado platform. Going back to S10/Blazer days! Probably better for mpgs, lets hope it can still tow 6000+ lbs decently but Im not holding my breath...

sevendj
10-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Hmmm, based off the Colorado's frame now is it? Oh wait, the current Colorado platform is based off the GMT360 platform, now I remember. :laugh:

So it still might be based off the GMT360 although it will be smaller, so Id imagine its probably on the new upcoming Colorado platform. Going back to S10/Blazer days! Probably better for mpgs, lets hope it can still tow 6000+ lbs decently but Im not holding my breath...

Size matters!

I'd prefer the larger...

davranyou
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
"Chevrolet officials have not yet offered word on where this vehicle will be built or in which markets it will be available, but given that the Colorado has recently been confirmed for the U.S., we wouldn't be surprised to see a new TrailBlazer once again plying America's roads."

Not 100% confirmed as per the Autoblog link, I haven't read through the others yet. With the plans to build a midsize truck in the US (ie new Colorado) it seems very likely that the new Trailblazer would be offered here too.

AshleyNeicole
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
If this is going to be coming to the US, I will forever be a Trailblazer owner. Just purchased an 02 and I'm in love. The teaser photo looks beautiful!

juiceboxxx26
10-12-2011, 03:37 PM

wow totarryl rgiht wowzers

joefireman289
10-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm out on this until they annouce where it is going to be built. Right now the new Colorado is being produced in a newly renovated ($300 Million) plant in Thailand. If the new TB is coming here from overseas much like some of the new Buick's then I'm out for sure. Now if they come out and say that they are going to re-open production at Morian Ohio then I'd be getting rid of the wife's Sebring and picking up a new TB for sure. :undecided

limequat
10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm out on this until they annouce where it is going to be built. Right now the new Colorado is being produced in a newly renovated ($300 Million) plant in Thailand. If the new TB is coming here from overseas much like some of the new Buick's then I'm out for sure. Now if they come out and say that they are going to re-open production at Morian Ohio then I'd be getting rid of the wife's Sebring and picking up a new TB for sure. :undecided

The colorado is being built in MO. It doesn't make sense to import trucks because there is a 25% tariff. I'd assume the trailblazer would be built in the same location, but hard tellin'

regulator1175
10-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I want to see if they are going to take the platform GM wide again. I would like to see a GMC model released as well, of course that's just because I am currently driving an Envoy.

the roadie
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
My salesman told me with a straight face that Envoys were built to higher quality "professional-grade" standards and processes on "their" GMC assembly line than those inferior low-life cheap-ass plastic Chevys. :confused:

ghoster
10-12-2011, 05:31 PM
My salesman told me with a straight face that Envoys were built to higher quality "professional-grade" standards and processes on "their" GMC assembly line than those inferior low-life cheap-ass plastic Chevys. :confused:

BWAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA

Were you able to keep a straight face??

LS7JEN
10-12-2011, 05:54 PM
GM should wake up and bring Pontiac and Oldsmobile back too. Tax Honda,Nissan, Toyota. Foreign Car Import Tax. Get the country moving buying more GM cars. Instead of sending the money overseas. :offtopic:

the roadie
10-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Were you able to keep a straight face??For that lie, yes. For later ones, no. The worst one was when I presented my offer, the sales guy had to "bring it to his manager along with my driver's license to prove I was serious..." When I asked him if he was calling me a sleazebucket whose word was no good, he claimed it was not his policy. Since my driver's license and credit cards were not going to leave my wallet under any circumstances because I *KNOW* what scumbucket dealers do with them to keep you there...this conversation was going to end at an impasse with me walking out, and the sales guy knew it, he tried escalating the lie.

He said it was a Homeland Security regulation that I give him my driver's license to make an offer an a vehicle.

That earned him an immediate demand to produce the sales manager AT THAT INSTANT, an apology for the whopping lie, and an end to the negotiations. My first offer was the last I'd present that dealership, and I've told hundreds of people that story and cost the dealer who knows how many sales.

As Samuel Clemens said, and I raised my daughter that way: "Always tell the truth.....there's so much less to remember that way."

:thumbsup:

Flash12623
10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
If this actually happens, I should be needing a new one around the time these come out :undecided

busterbrown
10-12-2011, 09:18 PM

More than a decade ago, I remember having a similar conversation with a GMC dealership 'sleaze bucket' when shopping for a small pickup. I needed some buying persuasion on a ZR2 Sonoma verses the "stock lifted" Chevy equivalent, S10. Boy, looking back at, I didn't have the balz to walk out. :duh:

denvern
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow this story is really making the rounds on various forums.
This vehicle seems to be generating a lot of interest, myself included.
Thank-you and welcome back GM!

jimmyjam
10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
whats got two thumbs and isn't overly optimistic...

this guyyyyyyy

MAY03LT
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I hope this time they will build one with a thermostat that will last more then 140k miles.

zoomdweebee
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
i just hope if they build it they make it able to be lifted or what the hell is the point... just another soccer mobile.... DONT THEY KNOW AMERICANS HATE SOCCER!!!!:duh:

02BlackTrailB
10-12-2011, 10:17 PM
very awesome can we just get a special order option of an LS7 to take the SRT8 out of the picture :woot:

WOOLUF1952
10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I hope this time they will build one with a thermostat that will last more then 140k miles.

I'm well aged (old), so I remember changing plugs, points, condenser t-stat and coolant twice a year.

On the other hand, all of the above took as much time as just changing the t-stat on my Envoy. :duh:

bigredtank
10-13-2011, 12:51 AM
i was thinking the same thing mike! by the time BRT is gone done paid off ill strip here down to her tidbits and trade her in for a younger more "flexable" model! hey whats another 4 years of payments right!:hopeless

Pained
10-13-2011, 07:05 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/11q4/2013_chevrolet_trailblazer_suv_confirmed_for_produ ction_on_colorado_platform-auto_shows

I'll just leave this here and say hope they do end up selling it in the US.

racer383s
10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
If they re-introduce this platform.....hopefully they'll correct the faults of the 02-09 models....HVAC actuators, exh manifolds, fuel sending units, etc....

PoGoX7
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't know if anyone has seen this but I thought it was an interesting/dumb move by GM, if true at all...

http://www.inautonews.com/2013-chevrolet-trailblazer

SparkyJJO
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM

Mine has almost 147k miles.

:D

Great. Now I'm jinxed, aren't I :duh:

vipergg
10-13-2011, 01:12 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2011/10/chevys-new-trailblazer-suv-based-on-redone-colorado-pikcup/1

vipergg
10-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Mine has almost 147k miles.

:D

Great. Now I'm jinxed, aren't I :duh:

I hope they make it so that the dashboard doesnt crap out, ignition switch last the life of the vehicle , spare tire holders that dont freeze up ,rear doors that dont get road rash even with mudflaps on the front , fuel level sensors that last the life of the vehicle etc.I t has to tow at least 5000 lbs. and have a standard tow package like the current one etc etc................. :)

vipergg
10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
They should make it look like a Isuzu MU7 except obviously with a Chevy and GMC front and rear ends .

vipergg
10-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe it is just me, but the grille looks too "car-ish" to me.

Way too Equinox for me, needs a much more traditonal Chevy or GMC frontend.

Paisano
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Heck yes!!! :woohoo:

Now...how did I miss this thread for so long? :mad:

vipergg
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Heck yes!!! :woohoo:

Now...how did I miss this thread for so long? :mad:

Most of the messages were speculation if you look at the dates until a couple of days ago.

w_bailey04
10-14-2011, 01:25 AM
really hope the envoy comes back. turbo seems to be the way to go these days

Admin
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
good find! thanks for sharing! :)

Paisano
10-14-2011, 01:17 PM
It was in the "other section" intill it got merged with the 2013 trailblazer thread that started yesterday.

Oh, well that would explain it! :D :thx

nicostage
10-15-2011, 06:18 AM
have yall seen the Blazer currently sold in Brazil?

http://www.chevrolet.com.br/veiculos/todos-os-modelos/suvs/blazer/Galeria-de-Fotos/Exterior.html#item01

Me007gold
10-15-2011, 08:08 AM

http://www.chevrolet.com.br/veiculos/todos-os-modelos/suvs/blazer/Galeria-de-Fotos/Exterior.html#item01

That looks like its based off of the old s-10 blazer, not the gmt360 trailblazer

zoomdweebee
10-15-2011, 12:00 PM

is it me or dose it look alot like an older ford exploder? from the side view i think it has a slight resemblance. :undecided

nicostage
10-17-2011, 02:35 AM
yeah I'm sure its just the 90's model blazer chassis with upgrades.
It looks like what GM's first concept idea of the trailblazer would of been if they started the plans for it in like 95 lol.

limequat
10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
My god they use the 2.4 ecotec in the blazer :crazy: It probably does 1/4 faster than 0-60.

Edit: and it only costs $40k usd for a 2wd model. I think they put the decimal in the wrong place.

vipergg
10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I think the Isuzu looks like it was based off the 360 , http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=isuzu+mu7&pbx=1&oq=isuzu+mu7&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1579l6996l0l7502l9l9l0l0l0l2l1495l7238l3-3.6-1.4l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bd638b897581bb57&biw=1024&bih=596

MixMastaMM
10-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Just saw this article on Fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/10/19/gm-plots-revenge-midsize-truck/?test=faces

Could the new TB look like the Equinox???

vipergg
10-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Just saw this article on Fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/10/19/gm-plots-revenge-midsize-truck/?test=faces

Could the new TB look like the Equinox???

I hope not they are carrying the whole equinox, malibu, traverse front end too far, people are going to get tired of it and they will wonder why vehicles arent selling then.

the roadie
10-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I hope not they are carrying the whole equinox, malibu, traverse front end too far,The entire tall-front bumper/trim/scoop/air dam style is totally unworkable for offroading, and my plastic bumper cover didn't last a week after I started using the vehicle hard.

Reminds me of this:

zoomdweebee
10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
The entire tall-front bumper/trim/scoop/air dam style is totally unworkable for offroading, and my plastic bumper cover didn't last a week after I started using the vehicle hard.

Reminds me of this:

hey roadie... where the hell do you find these pic's? you always have some pretty on point pic's to share with the class.:crackup::hail:

the roadie
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM
...where the hell do you find these pic's? .It does take practice, persistence, and a peculiar sense of humor. But the best tool is images.google.com, and a bit of experience choosing the precise search phrase to locate an image that I KNOW must exist somewhere. I use Google image search multiple times a day to illustrate technical explanations at my day job, and the humor just goes along with the territory. ;)

ReconDrill
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM
It's too bad the TB won't be in ths US anytime soon

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/trailblazer/2013/2013-chevrolet-trailblazer-teased.html

SBUBandit
10-20-2011, 07:48 AM
I think the Isuzu looks like it was based off the 360 , http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=isuzu+mu7&pbx=1&oq=isuzu+mu7&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1579l6996l0l7502l9l9l0l0l0l2l1495l7238l3-3.6-1.4l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bd638b897581bb57&biw=1024&bih=596

Just a D-Max pickup with a closed in rear. Still basically the Colorado

jkust
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
The teaser pics remind me of an HHR/Hyundai. I realize all vehicles are becoming less squared and more oblong. My only hope is for a v8 option like the Durango but some sort of fuel management like our current 5.3's or hopefully even more effective.
The upshot of our current 360's is they blend right in with the size of the current crossover vehicles. I keep thinking at some point some crazy environmentalist will key my Rainier when they see the V8 badge on it. Like how some might like to see a vehicle with an Obama bumper sticker mistreated.

ZiK
10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
i found this pic at a website ...the website says it's the new 2013 chevy blazer(under development), so i'm guessing they meant the new 2013 trailblazer :undecided

zoomdweebee
10-22-2011, 05:07 PM
i found this pic at http://thecarstyle.com/2013-chevrolet-blazer-under-development.html ...the website says it's the new 2013 chevy blazer(under development), so i'm guessing they meant the new 2013 trailblazer :undecided

look's nice but the link is broke.... it's telling me that the site is infected with a virius... DITCH THE LINK!!!
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::n ono::nono::nono:

ZiK
10-22-2011, 05:10 PM
look's nice but the link is broke.... it's telling me that the site is infected with a virius... DITCH THE LINK!!!
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::n ono::nono::nono:

edited
weird that i didn't get such a message from my antivirus!

deathbynosleep
10-22-2011, 06:30 PM
looks sort of like...every crossover "suv" out there now...i

DZP
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
It doesn't look too bad. The fact that it is a body on frame midsize SUV keeps my interest. By the time that I'm ready to buy again, providing it's available, would certainly be the best option for me. No foreign brand for this guy!

Fadyasha
10-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Looks like a mini Chevy Traverse! Looks soft 😒

ZiK
10-23-2011, 06:18 AM
i think this would be the new chevy blazer sold in brazil and not trailblazer cause the rear is different than the one in the teaser pic:rolleyes:

SparkyJJO
10-23-2011, 05:36 PM
First thing I noticed on that pic... that front plastic bumper sticks out even further than on our GMT360s and would be a heck of a lot worse for the offroading guys :crazy:

Second thing I noticed - a little too "feminine" looking on the front end, sharing more with the traverse and equinox instead of a more "masculine" look shared with the Silverado and Tahoe.

theloko61
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I was lucky enough to go to the Chevy main Street during the summer @ the meadowlands here in NJ. After driving the new powerful Corvette and Camaro, I was able to ask some questions to some of the GM performance division people, I asked them if they would again rival the new Jeep Srt8 with the Trailblazer SS. Their answer was: from 2010-2012 GM would be focusing on making more fuel efficient sedans and crossovers, as well as improving their truck line. But I wasn't satisfied with that answer and kept pressing about the Trailblazer, and finally one guy told me that indeed there will be another GM high performance SUV that would put the Srt8 to shame.

Sport_truck
10-24-2011, 02:19 AM
:cry: BRING BACK TRAILVOYS!!!!:cry:

Ford didn't kill the explorer they made it uglier and with a fuel efficient engine..

Make it with three engine options... 4.2 I6 Juiced up, V8s, and the eco friendly ones I know gm can cook something with a small engine for those tree humpers and the ones looking for fuel economy.

and also OFF ROAD CAPABLE I wanna Fit 35'' at least:excited:

jigubhai2001
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Remember that looks to be just a concept rendering. It might be different, it doesn't look too bad.

EDIT: I love google.

http://www.machinereview.info/up/images/2013-chevrolet-blazer-concept.jpg

Looks more like the new Equinox that the Trailblazer, but again who knows what it will turn out.

SparkyJJO
10-25-2011, 11:38 AM
It has a solid rear axle however.

Also, that pic looks pretty well doctored up. Look at the shadows the ground around the wheels for example - pretty obvious someone has been mucking around with the pics.

recon6196
10-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I like it. I'm sure the Envoy version will look even better (just like they did from '02 -'09) :D

bstromback2002
10-27-2011, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=SparkyJJO;1137996]It has a solid rear axle however.

QUOTE]

First thing i noticed when looking at the picture too.

I like the looks from the back corner just not sure about it from the front doors forward.

ylab
10-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Those pics are obviously photo-shopped to some extent. You can tell by the way the shadow and tire to road areas appear. Sort of looks like somebody took the Equinox concept and grafted on a solid rear axle....it doesn't appear to be a true picture of a concept or any real vehicle.

Personally, I sort of like a lot of ideas in it though. Very Benz looking actually. If this comes to pass, we can only hope they don't screw up the GMC version like they did with the Terrain......the fenders/wheel arches just don't work on it and it sits a tad too low.

initechpeter
10-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I was going to say that it looks to much like a Equinox on steriods. I would mind the return of the TB, but from the pictures it just looks like a bigger version of the Equinox.

zoomdweebee
10-29-2011, 12:25 PM
i would like them to build it like this!! It would be more redneck friendly. 18682

PoGoX7
10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
@zoomdweebee

Ha Ha that would be awesome !!!...

TexazReece
10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Remember that looks to be just a concept rendering. It might be different, it doesn't look too bad.

EDIT: I love google.

http://www.machinereview.info/up/images/2013-chevrolet-blazer-concept.jpg

DON'T LIKE IT NOT 1 BIT, LOOKS MORE FOR THE LADIES. I agree with bringing back the tb but with 3 dif engine types and absolutely off-road capable + mod-able :thumbsup: I'd prefer a more truck like appearance.

the roadie
10-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't get the recent fascination with chrome, rectangular diaper plates, I call 'em.

zoomdweebee
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't get the recent fascination with chrome, rectangular diaper plates, I call 'em.

That's not were you put the used dippers? Then what the hell is it for. Because i agree it's UGLY! All the new cross over's (no longer SUV'S) have them on the rear. It cant be for offroading because grocerie getters don't go offroad.:iagree:

vipergg
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Get rid of the plate and put the towing package back on . If it doesnt have a standard tow package I dont want it.

Ms SilverBullet
11-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Its too pritsy lose the chrome diaper and give me a grille that says get the hell out of my way!!! :m2:

bigytwotone
11-02-2011, 12:05 AM
i agree but the ride hight looks good lot better then the stock trailvoy.

jbones
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm hoping the designers will open another container of modeling clay and add a foot to backside. If itís going to be called a mid size SUV, I say make it look like one. But right now the back end looks like one of the typical length deficient crossovers.

Looks narrower too.

nicostage
11-08-2011, 11:07 PM
If they keep adding crap to the front and shortening the rear, we'll have to off road in reverse.:bonk:

Colonel Sanders
11-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I really hope they come out with a diesel motor in these because diesel is the way to go, and if the motors are based on the Colorado platform, they will might offer 2 diesel motors according to this article here (http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2013-chevrolet-trailblazer-suv-confirmed-news-car-and-driver)

jbones
11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
All the stories on the internet are saying, built in South America, and Asia, and you can get the first vehicles as they arrive in Thailand.

That's some CRAZY! That's GM for putting America to work!

You know I did see a few yesterday on the road, then I realized it was a Subaru, a Sorrento, a VW, a Equinox, just a whole bunch look alike crossover's.

nicostage
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
^ yeah it's pretty sad that after the bail out almost no American car's are built in the US anymore.
If you want to buy an American built car, buy a Kia. :worried:

the roadie
11-09-2011, 11:17 AM
If they keep adding crap to the front and shortening the rear, we'll have to off road in reverse.:bonk:Great point! Reminds me of this joke:

nateb21
11-09-2011, 03:58 PM
http://jalopnik.com/5857987/2013-chevy-trailblazer-this-is-it

Another look at it, looks too much like the new style explorer and a Buick SUV. Not my style I guess

crmcknight
11-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Concept Next Gen TrailBlazer breaks cover!

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1068423_2013-chevrolet-trailblazer-concept-breaks-cover

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/chevrolet_100369439_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/chevrolet_100369438_l.jpg

Me007gold
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
And that's ugly. So glad its not being sold here

SparkyJJO
11-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I wonder what powertrain it will have. And whether it will be "all wheel drive" like that website said or a real 4x4 setup.

Initial impressions:
Front bumper hangs too low, or rather, the front facia. There doesn't appear to be a real bumper on it, just all blended to gether.

Rear "bumper" is the same deal.

Probably partially has to do with some regulations now that bumpers can't be higher than x inches from the factory.

the roadie
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Concept Next Gen TrailBlazer breaks cover!I hate grinning cars.

crmcknight
11-09-2011, 06:50 PM
I hate grinning cars.

Don't be hatin on Lightning McQueen! :p

Loaded_05
11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Lets not forget who the target audience is for this vehicle. That would look very nice at the mall parking lot.;)

hardtrailz400
11-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Ugly.

TexazReece
11-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Awww Mann wth GM, give us a real tb. That can't even handle a trail so I'm blazing on this crap. It doesn't deserve to where a TB badge

rmsg0040
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I think a lot of us are expecting it to be something that it will not be.

Look at the current explorer, cherokee, and durango. :rolleyes:

Ranger was nice, just needed an engine update. but will no longer will be sold in US.
Dakota I believe will be dead, wont be missed.
Next gen colorado looks like crap.

Vehicles of yesteryears are slowing fading.

Me007gold
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Ranger was nice, just needed an engine update. but will no longer will be sold in US.

Over in Europe, the Ranger was available in a 4 door, with a Diesel. If they would have brought that over here, I believe it would have sold VERY well

http://www.vanlocator.co.uk/vans-for-sale/AT1419218720071_01l.jpg

MAY03LT
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
It doesn't deserve to where a TB badge

For real, it looks like a plasticy piece of crap.

Fadyasha
11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Looks like the shape of a toyota 4runner, body shape more into height than width!

It doesn't look that bad if u ask me, maybe just needs some getting used to? Would I buy it? Nope lol! It's just looking too soft and exotic!

Just aint a truck :(

kglover720
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Hopefully the Envoy version (???) will look better........

kglover720
11-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Okay everyone, cleanse your eyes with this:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/11/672f2a908b22ffba01f1511933c71482.jpg

Much better.

MAXI_MUM
11-10-2011, 01:04 AM
http://www.woodyscarsite.com/2011/11/2012-chevy-trailblazer.html
http://s014.radikal.ru/i328/1111/cf/27bb944e20b5.jpg

regulator1175
11-10-2011, 03:19 AM
At least it has 4 wheel drive. Also running it with a manual transmission from the looks of the pictures. I am certainly not a fan of the body at all.

Loaded_05
11-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Is it just me, or do they always seem to oversell the concept. I highly doubt that funky blue interior will make it to production...Plus I think GM is taking the Brand ID a little too far, looks like a tall Malibu, or Cruze, or Volt, or even Aveo (or whatever they call that car these days)

PProph
11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Kinda looks like an Equinox with a big rear end. Another crossover type from the look of it, sure doesn't look truck-ish. Whoever said mall parking lot is bang on.

Vicompc
11-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Good looking TB, it has both an updated interior and exterior. The seating areas look great. I hope GM decides to bring the TB to the US, it will fill the gap between the Tahoe and Equinox.

Look at this site:

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2013-trailblazer/

If you want to see what the production version may look like see this site:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news-g-image/2013-chevrolet-colorado-pickup-spotted-undisguised/56698.html#image

This was a colorado that was spotted on the street.

SparkyJJO
11-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Those seats sure do fold flat. Looks like a decent amount of cargo space.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg

It seems that the rear seats actually fold into the floor. Interesting :undecided Also, notice the 6 lug wheels - do you think they made them the standard 6 lug pattern or made it weird again ;)

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg

Doesn't look too bad I guess from the front. Still too "car-ish" for me, but not terrible... I see an issue getting any sort of off-road bumper made for it however since the entire front end is one big piece :bonk:

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

Not sold on the back though. I've never been much of a fan of tail lights that stretch into the hatch panel. Just looks wrong to me. And as I mentioned before, it has a distinct lack of a rear bumper.

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Certainly is much more "mall cruiser" looking than the previous gen TB :worried: I guess that is the majority of their customer base however, seeing how even the majority of the GMT360s just cruise the streets only. Gotta sell to the majority I suppose...

I wonder how it would look if MarkMC and BartonMD got their hands on one :D Speaking of which, I wonder how the suspension is set up and how the front differential is mounted in the front :undecided

crmcknight
11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Okay everyone, cleanse your eyes with this:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2011/11/672f2a908b22ffba01f1511933c71482.jpg

The new Caddy looks nice, but it doesnt really do that much for me. For some reason, it reminds me of this.
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/FordFusion/Images/RightFront.jpg

the roadie
11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
It could be that this design may never pass US crashworthiness tests. So the integrated bumpers will ONLY be good offshore. I think it dilutes the Trailblazer brand, but then, it's GM's brand to throw away.

kglover720
11-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I think the center console is actually worse than the current ones. Look how far back the cupholders are and how small they are. The steering wheel is ugly and those center controls in the circular pattern are awful. I agree the Brand ID is stupid, save it for the mainstream of cars. Separate your trucks and SUVs. That crossbar with the bowtie on it is ugly enough on the small cars.

Loaded_05
11-10-2011, 12:39 PM
You can see a differential in the view from behind, that suggests a rwd dominant layout, hopefully that is true, much more likely to get true 4wd that way.

RobA300
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
If and when we need to replace ours I may give it a chance. There is always a long way from concept to production. I bet the base model will be a 4-cylinder like the Explorer.

LS7JEN
11-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I'd buy one now. :thumbsup:

limequat
11-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Autoblog has a write up and presser on the Dubai reveal:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/10/new-chevrolet-trailblazer-revealed-in-dubai-w-video/#continued

jbones
11-10-2011, 02:47 PM
If and when we need to replace ours I may give it a chance. There is always a long way from concept to production. I bet the base model will be a 4-cylinder like the Explorer.

I hope they move from that concept, and closer back to what has some resemblance of a TB. The extreme makeover is for a whole different market of owners I'd say. I do like the rims!

I donít need a 7 seat mini-van that looks like a crossover, they call a TB. I hope they donít sissify the Tahoe because one day the sad reality is the TB will retire, and the Tahoe may be my only hope!

gmac310
11-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Autoblog has a write up and presser on the Dubai reveal:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/10/new-chevrolet-trailblazer-revealed-in-dubai-w-video/#continued

The video does a better job of selling the idea than the pictures do. :thumbsup:

rmsg0040
11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
http://wot.motortrend.com/chevrolet-unwraps-2012-trailblazer-sport-utility-vehicle-in-dubai-134801.html

looks like it wont be sold in North America

SparkyJJO
11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I hope they move from that concept, and closer back to what has some resemblance of a TB. The extreme makeover is for a whole different market of owners I'd say. I do like the rims!

I donít need a 7 seat mini-van that looks like a crossover, they call a TB. I hope they donít sissify the Tahoe because one day the sad reality is the TB will retire, and the Tahoe may be my only hope!

Speaking of the wheels, I approve of the more aggressive tires they show on it.

yyz28
11-10-2011, 05:35 PM
They never sell anything cool here. Oh, you want a Commodore? Yeah, well, sorry, but here's an Impala. Oh, you want a Trailblazer? Well, here's a Minivan Traverse.

GM Fail.

...at least we got the Camaro.

swixman
11-10-2011, 05:36 PM
the only thing i don't like about it, it is looks like the newer models of the jeep grand cherockee :( the body lines look almost identical along with some of the front and rear side accents. Is it just me that thinks that??:confused:

vipergg
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Geez ,another Equinox!!! Is that the only look Chevy
can design anymore. People are going to get tired of that look . If they could stuff the I6 in it I might consider it if it came with a standard tow package. I would still take a Isuzu mu-7 which is based on the Colorado and only sold in Thailand , looks much more like our beloved TB. http://www.sonirodban.com/mu7.html

rmsg0040
11-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Only thing that I like is the fold flat seats.

Front bumper way too big, like most cars.
Led fogs (everybody is doin it)
7 passenger
Exhaust integrated into bumper
Interior led lighting on roof

:(

SparkyJJO
11-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Geez ,another Equinox!!! Is that the only look Chevy
can design anymore. People are going to get tired of that look . If they could stuff the I6 in it I might consider it if it came with a standard tow package. I would still take a Isuzu mu-7 which is based on the Colorado and only sold in Thailand , looks much more like our beloved TB. http://www.sonirodban.com/mu7.html

:iagree:

Put a Chevy crossbar and bowtie on the grille instead of isuzu (Make it a TRUCK crossbar, not a car one!), do some minor changes to the sheet metal, tail lights, etc to differentiate it from the Isuzu (but keep the more square TRUCK LOOK!) and that would be great. Better looking for sure.

They could keep the fold flat seats in the current 2013 design however, that is pretty slick.

Shoot, if only I was a better artist and good at photoshop, I'd edit that Isuzu to look how I picture it in my mind. Then send it to GM and say THIS is what the TB should look like, A TRUCK, NOT A CAR! :x

swixman
11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Shoot, if only I was a better artist and good at photoshop, I'd edit that Isuzu to look how I picture it in my mind. Then send it to GM and say THIS is what the TB should look like, A TRUCK, NOT A CAR! :x

:iagree: that is SO true! It's supposed to look aggressive and sharp, not wimpy :worried: I mean, yeah it looks good and all, but it really doesn't do the previous models' justice, there is so much potential and they took what everyone else is doing and did it too. i just wish car companies would each be unique and not worry about what other companies are doing :hissy:

ChevyIIfan
11-10-2011, 11:24 PM
here's a similar article from the truth about cars:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/11/whats-wrong-with-this-picture-no-country-for-old-school-suvs

kglover720
11-11-2011, 01:05 AM
here's a similar article from the truth about cars:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/11/whats-wrong-with-this-picture-no-country-for-old-school-suvs

I hope that is sarcasm...

"But Americans donít want any of that. Americans want a nice, car-based Equinox or Traverse. And thatís just what theyíll continue to getÖ"

If its not, why in the @#$@#@# is the rest of the world not subject to CAFE and the BS that comes with it.

SparkyJJO
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I hope that is sarcasm...

"But Americans donít want any of that. Americans want a nice, car-based Equinox or Traverse. And thatís just what theyíll continue to getÖ"

If its not, why in the @#$@#@# is the rest of the world not subject to CAFE and the BS that comes with it.

Because the USA is the only one causing GW of course.

:weird:

rmsg0040
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Because the USA is the only one causing GW of course.

:weird:

Whats "GW"?

gmac310
11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Whats "GW"?

George W!:crackup:
Oops, I mean global warming.

Lee74C3
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
This link should provide details as released to media by GM. I hope the link works outside of the GM Online Network. If not, search for me on Facebook. My post was shared as PUBLIC there.
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Nov/1110_trailblazer#.Tr1ST8iry1I.facebook

FULL DISCLOSURE - I am a GM Employee (we are advised to identify ourselves when posting to public forums).

the roadie
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Thanks, Lee. The link works. Lots of verbiage about "strong off-road trail capability" and not one word about differentials, transfer case, IRS versus straight axle rear, etc.

Except the "AWD" tag. Sounds like it might have no low range transfer case. Without a low range, they CAN'T be serious about offroading. Debate over.

c-tang
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Looks like lots of LEDs

regulator1175
11-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Am I not seeing this correct, it looks like this is a 4x4 selector switch.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/regulator1175/TrailVoy/Trailblazer.jpg

SparkyJJO
11-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Am I not seeing this correct, it looks like this is a 4x4 selector switch.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i288/regulator1175/TrailVoy/Trailblazer.jpg

Yes it is a 4x4 selector. It is pixelated so it is hard to tell, but it looks to me like 2hi, 4hi, and 4lo, with the knob set to 4lo in the pic.

gmac310
11-11-2011, 03:29 PM
The seats look alot more supportive than the park benches they put in our trucks.

Lee74C3
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
The seats look alot more supportive than the park benches they put in our trucks.

Keep in mind that this is a show vehicle. Close to production but never intended to be spot on. Second, content depicted is export, specifically Middle East. Us domestic will have differences.

kglover720
11-11-2011, 05:53 PM
They still didn't listen when we asked for MORE center console space, and the e-brake to the left side of the brake pedal where it belongs. :suicide:

SparkyJJO
11-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't mind the parking brake being the lever next to the console, frankly I prefer it there. Less chance of hopping into the truck after driving your manual trans car and coming to a screeching halt on your 1-2 shift :laugh:

ChevyIIfan
11-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Sorry I'm late to this (work all day), but it's likely because gas is over $8/gal (mostly due to taxes) in much of the rest of the world (except for saudi arabia, etc) so there is no need for CAFE. Large vehicles are simply eliminated by the price of gas.

kglover720
11-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Why is nuking the world and taking the oil for ourselves NOT a plausible thing to do? We are an empire, and we should conquer the world and establish the master race-- masters of the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. And the best cars in the world. Roads should be widened by 3 times to accommodate the size of the cars that we SHOULD be building.

zoomdweebee
11-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Why is nuking the world and taking the oil for ourselves NOT a plausible thing to do? We are an empire, and we should conquer the world and establish the master race-- masters of the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. And the best cars in the world. Roads should be widened by 3 times to accommodate the size of the cars that we SHOULD be building.

we really dont need to "NUKE" the rest of the world!! We have more oil in this country than all of the middle east ..... combined!!!! What we should be doing is drilling here and putting AMERICANS back to work and put a big neon sign of the statue of liberty that say's "NO VACANCY". Then put the us military on the border (Mexican only as Canada is our only true ally).. then tell the rest of the world to kiss our nice big round arse's!!!!!:D:D:D:thumbsup:

ghoster
11-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Yes it is a 4x4 selector. It is pixelated so it is hard to tell, but it looks to me like 2hi, 4hi, and 4lo, with the knob set to 4lo in the pic.

That knob looks just like the one in my Tahoe.:cool:

kglover720
11-12-2011, 12:07 AM
we really dont need to "NUKE" the rest of the world!! We have more oil in this country than all of the middle east ..... combined!!!! What we should be doing is drilling here and putting AMERICANS back to work and put a big neon sign of the statue of liberty that say's "NO VACANCY". Then put the us military on the border (Mexican only as Canada is our only true ally).. then tell the rest of the world to kiss our nice big round arse's!!!!!:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Lol yeah man. The EPA are the real terrorists. Taking away jobs and restricting the growth of our volatile economy. The current white house/EPA leadership needs to be scrapped. The EPA was created in good intentions (albeit by a REPUBLICAN), but it has just plain and simple gone too far. They are currently trying to shut down all shale refining businesses because they are trying to prove that "fracking" is harming the earth.

mtritt
11-12-2011, 12:17 AM

I actually like the park bench seats! I have a bad back and I actually find these seats great!

Anyhow... Just found this thread. Makes me very happy I decided to hold onto my '02 for another 5 years. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to donate my current TB, the new version will be in its second or third year and the kinks will have been worked out.

Silver Trooper
11-12-2011, 12:58 AM
I have not gone through every post in this thread, but I could not find this site mentioned previously. There are 14 good shots and they come in four different resolutions. The last shot makes for a good wallpaper! BTW, you will notice that the interior shots of the front floor reveal this baby has the six speed manual! I wish, I wish, I wish! Enjoy!

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2013-trailblazer/

mtritt
11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
What's with the big, green light going around the ceiling? Is that some new type of dome light or just in the concept vehicle for effect?

http://img1.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_thumbnail_06.jpg

Loaded_05
11-12-2011, 06:35 AM
What's with the big, green light going around the ceiling? Is that some new type of dome light or just in the concept vehicle for effect?

http://img1.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-TrailBlazer_2013_thumbnail_06.jpg

You see alot of what I like to call "mood lighting" in the newer sedans these days. they project a certain color led from the ceiling and it creates a glow on the instruments below. I think the designers got a little too excited about it and made some gaudy mid-50's futuresque swoopy light emitting thingy. (technical term)

Edit: After looking at the picture again, I like how American this vehicle really is, it has two flat panel televisions! In what is essentailly the same room.

mtritt
11-12-2011, 08:27 AM
You see alot of what I like to call "mood lighting" in the newer sedans these days. they project a certain color led from the ceiling and it creates a glow on the instruments below. I think the designers got a little too excited about it and made some gaudy mid-50's futuresque swoopy light emitting thingy. (technical term)

Edit: After looking at the picture again, I like how American this vehicle really is, it has two flat panel televisions! In what is essentailly the same room.

Hopefully there will be an option to turn it off!

joefireman289
11-12-2011, 08:47 AM
So after reviewing the pictures and reading the article I am very interested. I will be in the market for a new vehicle soon (have to replace the wife's 02 Sebring, I know its a mopar and that's kinda forbidden on here, but hey it was a great deal from my parents) and a 2014 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER might just be in the driveway as a replacement. I like the 7 passenger seating and the fact that it is built on a truck frame. I don't drive nearly as far as I used so the DMax wouldn't get used to it's full potential. But from what I know about the DMax Diesel the 2.8 turbo is a good engine. Other good features IMO are the fold down flush seats. I don't like how I can't fold the rear seat in my 'Voy down all the way and still have the drivers seat back in comfortable position. As for the dual DVD's, as a father those are priceless for any road trip longer than 30 minutes. Now if they offer this soon enough here in the US I might just have to go test drive one. I will have to admit that my Envoy is the first SUV I've owned, prior to it I always drove pick-ups, but as for comfort features this thing can't be beat. :thumbsup:

jkust
11-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Just saw this on Fox News this morning. I'm a little insulted it won't be sold here in the home of GM and the home of the very people that bailed them out to even be able to produce it and agains our will no less. What the heck is that about? I wonder if they will then bring back the Envoy and Rainier. The thing that bugs me now is that nobody in the GM family is making body on frame midsized smaller than the Tahoe. After several longterm experiences with the Acadia, all I can say is no thanks to the station wagon on tall wheels.

First thing I noticed on the interior of the new TB is the same smallish center console.

kglover720
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Just saw this on Fox News this morning. I'm a little insulted it won't be sold here in the home of GM and the home of the very people that bailed them out to even be able to produce it and agains our will no less. What the heck is that about? I wonder if they will then bring back the Envoy and Rainier. The thing that bugs me now is that nobody in the GM family is making body on frame midsized smaller than the Tahoe. After several longterm experiences with the Acadia, all I can say is no thanks to the station wagon on tall wheels.

First thing I noticed on the interior of the new TB is the same smallish center console.

Make that, nobody in the INDUSTRY is making mid size BOF suv's anymore. Look how awful the new explorer is. If it wasn't called explorer, it would probably have a much lower selling volume.

jbones
11-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Yep! They are just using the Trailblazer name on this crossover to attract a whole different buyer, looks to me like upscale family wagon market. I suspect the real trailblazer is gone forever? Just as the Explorer was just transformed into a large crossover looking vehicle.
I see the American Industry being driven by a very Euro and liberal focused leadership, this being reflected in the styling of the vehicles. Part of the social change being forced on, the one world manure. Didn't mean to throw in politics, but politics is heavy in the auto industry.

kglover720
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
^ without a doubt. the rest of the world is jealous that we are superior to them in every single way, and they are trying to dumb us down so they can catch up. they are the ones (europe) so concerned with equality, that they forgot to play economics :laugh:

the roadie
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Make that, nobody in the INDUSTRY is making mid size BOF suv's anymore. ...Nobody in the US, maybe. If I was forced to replace the Roadiemobile and wanted to spend the money, I'd probably get the new Land Cruiser. BOF and plenty capable. But in truth, I'd probably get something with a solid front axle, used.

kglover720
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
^Reporting as inappropriate language. Referencing toyota.

ChevyIIfan
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
The Pathfinder, X-Terra, and 4runner are still BOF.... So there still mid-size BOF SUVs still available, just nothing by GM, Ford, or Chrysler.

kglover720
11-12-2011, 08:03 PM
True, I really only consider the big 3 when I talk about the market though. The ones you mentioned are junk.

DaneFZ
11-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Hi,

I happened to check out the launch of the 2013 Chevy Trailblazer and 2014 Chevy Colorado designs at the 2011 Dubai International Motor Show. I've got some pics for 'em both.

I cant seem to upload them myself, but would be glad to email it to anyone interested in viewing or posting them on here.

Cheers,
DaneFZ

the roadie
11-13-2011, 01:32 AM
Thanks! Email sent.

kglover720
11-13-2011, 01:37 AM
If it is still up in the air whether the TB will come to America, wouldn't it just be automatic if the Colorado came here? I guess I'm unsure if it is or not. I'm under the impression it is.

Loaded_05
11-13-2011, 06:26 AM
It seems like gm would have to ditch one of the already popular crossovers already in the market to slide in the tb. I don't know, the current colorado is old and needs an update, gm killed the tb because they didn't want to carry that platform anymore. Until two days ago I thought the acadia/traverse filled the slot, until I rode in one and was told it can only tow 2000 lbs. I'm sure gm has considered it and won't say until immediately before production/no production.

Fadyasha
11-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Here are the pics from the Dubai International motor show that Dane was talking about! he was kind enough to share!

Enjoy!

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00075-20111112-1439.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00070-20111112-1437.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00071-20111112-1437.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00072-20111112-1438.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00073-20111112-1438.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00074-20111112-1439.jpg

This is totally irrelevant but found it on the net LOL! :suicide:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/4617355312a2fc8f09dcoopt.jpg

kglover720
11-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Hopefully the 3rd row is an option on the TB and not standard. I never use the 3rd row in mine.

Fadyasha
11-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Hopefully the 3rd row is an option on the TB and not standard. I never use the 3rd row in mine.

:iagree:

silvernclean
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
The new tb in my eyes looks butt ugly. Really don't care for cross overs and thats what it looks like. So thumbs down.

kglover720
11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
The center console looks really low. Really drags the feel of the interior down to a car, and look how low the seats sit in relation to where the windows are. Ugh. How is that thing supposed to go off road, when the tires stick out from the fenders, and there is only about a 1 inch gap between the tire and the flare?:duh:

Loaded_05
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking the Traverse will be axed. You have the Tahoe for One Child Families, the Equinox for old ladies who don't want a minivan. So the Trailblazer will fit nicely between those two.

LOL at one child family. Absolute truth. Ironic for me to laugh at that because I will be first time dad in march and have an envoy with third row:x:laugh:

w_bailey04
11-13-2011, 01:37 PM
I actually think they did pretty good. I have no idea what the power options are but GM had to think of who their target market was. Most people arent going to beat the crap out of their brand new SUV off road, but if they want to, the option is there with this truck. Has a third row, looks are decent compared to its competition, and it can still tow. Now lets hope they make a GMC version and an SS so we can all be happy. I wonder if the suspension is going to be adjustable at all like the new jeeps?

ChevyIIfan
11-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the pictures! IMHO the vehicle looks a lot like an updated Traverse, especially in the side shot, with the real long second doors (like the Traverse).

SparkyJJO
11-13-2011, 03:02 PM

If they fold flat it doesn't bother me. They are there if for some reason you need them, but normally can stay flat and won't be in the way.

palafoja
11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Here are the pics from the Dubai International motor show that Dane was talking about! he was kind enough to share!

Enjoy!

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00075-20111112-1439.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00070-20111112-1437.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00071-20111112-1437.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00072-20111112-1438.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00073-20111112-1438.jpg
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/IMG00074-20111112-1439.jpg

This is totally irrelevant but found it on the net LOL! :suicide:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/fadyasha/4617355312a2fc8f09dcoopt.jpg

By looking at the picture, I THINK this is just a mixture between the traverse, equinox and a couple of parts from the acadia and has nothing to do with the Traiblazer, in that case I'd go for the new Durango

IMHO!!!!!:)

WTF, I just looked at that last picture with the 2door traiblazer Ext/colorado pick-up/passenger/convertible vehicle,

what is that, is that real or some sort of photoshop???

kglover720
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I just hope it gets a truck-style body with a distinguished front bumper. That solid front fascia won't hold up with some moderate off roading.

the roadie
11-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Its offroading capability will depend on what sort of transfer case it gets (our 2.7 or the more wussy 2.3-to-1), the gear ratio choices, stud pattern, CV and differential design, underbody layout of sensitive bits, availability of a locker, ease of lifting, etc.

I'm actually confused about these pics as to where the bumper plastic ends and metal begins? Anybody know from seeing it up close? :undecided

ghoster
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
If the vehicle in those pics hits the streets, they have NO intention of it being used off road.:no:

kglover720
11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Apparently its AWD lol

BO TIE SS
11-13-2011, 08:31 PM
WTF, I just looked at that last picture with the 2door traiblazer Ext/colorado pick-up/passenger/convertible vehicle,

what is that, is that real or some sort of photoshop???
It's real and has a thread about it. There are more pictures on page 2.
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=62949

and this thread
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=41539

the roadie
11-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Apparently its AWD lolWhy would it have a mode switch that looks like it has a lo range?

ghoster
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Why would it have a mode switch that looks like it has a lo range?

Its a trick to get you all excited!:D

kglover720
11-14-2011, 12:45 AM
true, unless its a terrain management switch LOL

but in all the reviews, and even the oral announcement of it, they always say AWD. maybe just for that market, but i dont see why they would do that.

You know, it acts like one of these. Can't drive in varying types of terrain on your own? Hit the easy button and the car will help the vehicular challenged.

http://www.theconfidentmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/easy-button-resized-600.jpg

DaneFZ
11-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Cool. Did you like them upclose? Does it have so good interior space?

Porkins,

It's different... As a TB owner, I personally feel it has lost some of its rugged appeal but appreciate that the front has been raised and looks taller. But some of my friends (non-TB owners) liked the design and felt that the vehicle feels more current now. The interior space is just about the same as the existing TB, not much of a change there.

Chevy refused to give any details on the engine specifications and had a barricade around the vehicle to ensure that viewers didn't get too close to it.

Hate to say this, but the new Ford Explorer was getting much more attention from the motor show's visitors.

nicostage
11-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Why are all new vehicles obsessed with blind spots? When I drove my sisters Dodge Avenger I felt like I was driving a UHaul, you cant see sh*t when backing up or changing lanes.
It looks like the new TB is gonna be the same way :cry: guess I'll have to get some side mirror extensions and get use to a back up camera...

Its offroading capability will depend on what sort of transfer case it gets (our 2.7 or the more wussy 2.3-to-1), the gear ratio choices, stud pattern, CV and differential design, underbody layout of sensitive bits, availability of a locker, ease of lifting, etc.

I'm actually confused about these pics as to where the bumper plastic ends and metal begins? Anybody know from seeing it up close? :undecided

I was wondering the same so I adjusted the image and used paint to draw out what looks like the bumper lines.

the roadie
11-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Why are all new vehicles obsessed with blind spots? I think it's because metal is cheaper than glass, so they're changing the proportion to save a buck. Or else the roll-over regulations are getting tougher to pass with thin B and C pillars. Or the manufacturers are responding to the perceived market demand for more "privacy" (as evidenced by excessively dark and illegal window tints) by giving them less window area. Makes it easier to drive around dodgy neighborhoods with an Uzi in your lap, I guess. :D

SparkyJJO
11-14-2011, 10:23 AM
It is the rollover regulations to blame. They require the vehicle roof to be able to hold up 2x or 3x the weight of the vehicle for some stupid reason, hence the overly huge pillars :rolleyes:

jbones
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Why are all new vehicles obsessed with blind spots? When I drove my sisters Dodge Avenger I felt like I was driving a UHaul, you cant see sh*t when backing up or changing lanes.
It looks like the new TB is gonna be the same way :cry: guess I'll have to get some side mirror extensions and get use to a back up camera...

I was wondering the same so I adjusted the image and used paint to draw out what looks like the bumper lines.

Either the back end doubles as the front of a spaceship; GM announces the return of the Jupiter 2, or, OMG all tampered at end just like a turd, or sperm.

Notice the background words "A new World". No longer is it Baseball, Apple Pie and Chevrolet. I believe GM is full on board with the one world nonsense.

nicostage
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
they should just get rid of the glass all together and just put a flat screen in there place with camera's all around the car. and an xbox controller instead of a steering wheel lol

jbones
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/11/whats-wrong-with-this-picture-no-country-for-old-school-suvs/

What’s Wrong With This Picture: No Country For Old-School SUVs Edition

"Based on Chevy’s new Global Colorado, this Trailblazer is an old-school, body-on-frame, SUV… which won’t be sold in this, the erstwhile capital of body-on-frame SUVs. Even though the Colorado will be produced in the US, which would make the Trailblazer an easy addition to the US lineup, Chevy seems determined to keep it out of the US. Because, as GM’s midsized truck VLE (vehicle line engineer) Brad Merkel puts it

The growing markets of the world want flexibility. That means power and capability combined with comfort and efficiency. TrailBlazer does it all. You can tow anything, go anywhere, comfortably seat seven people, and do so with the fuel efficiency associated with a smaller, less capable vehicle. It’s the complete package

But Americans don’t want any of that. Americans want a nice, car-based Equinox or Traverse. And that’s just what they’ll continue to get…"

Brad Merkel sounds like an.....

the roadie
11-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Brad Merkel probably thought the XUV was going to sell like hotcakes and is still butt-hurt about it. :dielaugh:

Loaded_05
11-14-2011, 09:15 PM
It is the rollover regulations to blame. They require the vehicle roof to be able to hold up 2x or 3x the weight of the vehicle for some stupid reason, hence the overly huge pillars :rolleyes:

the next logical step is to require axles be fitted to the roof, and 43 mpg minimum in spite of the extra wind resistance.

kglover720
11-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Hey, instead of a windshield, why not put a bunch of cameras where you can zoom in and out and drive watching the LCD TV instead? Pure genius, this will eliminate the need to use windshield wipers, which significantly create drag, therefore increasing gas mileage by 0.000000039% and preserving the polar ice caps.

Truebass
11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
First time i saw such detailed photos of the new Trailblazer thanks to Dane.

The interior seems to be giving a warm feeling,and looks very rich and comfortable.

I can't say that the Exterior looks bright though.

It reminds me the front of a brutal version of Audi Q7 (which i hate) that has a crossover to Malibu,and the back of an "edgy" shrinked Japanese Kei Minivan (yikes).

Too much chrome,too big grill,too huge front bumper vents,ugly wheels also chromed,too tall and too huge for what it is.
Looks like a Furutistic Concept.

I'm really unable to care about its Offroad abilities as not only i'm not crawling to the rocks,but i rarely see dirt roads around here either.
I'm sure i wont stand driving it even on the road.

The good thing is that i heard about a 2.8 Duramax Turbo Diesel,that automatically means Torque and better MPG,i will prefer any new Diesel over to a Petrol one,i'm actually wondering why they still produce Petrol engines for Vehicles meant for Daily Driving,that's why Diesel is Monopoly in many Parts of Europe,but that's irrelevant.

If they release just any Diesel version with Automatic Transmission,i might get a crazy idea to buy it as used after years when we will know it better and have a good mood to black ALL the chrome garbage out.

I don't see a reason though as definitely the new Ford Explorer attracts me better.

Btw what's the bad with the huge pillars if they are made for roll-over safety? It's bad to have a vehicle that will even stand doing a Military Rampage for hours but cause you serious injury if it roll and sit with the roof.

SparkyJJO
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Btw what's the bad with the huge pillars if they are made for roll-over safety? It's bad to have a vehicle that will even stand doing a Military Rampage for hours but cause you serious injury if it roll and sit with the roof.

To sacrifice visibility to make the roof able to hold 2x-3x the vehicle's weight is rather stupid, IMO. I can see requiring a sturdy roof that won't collapse on a moment's notice, but it just seems way overkill.

We already have a bunch of drivers that are distracted and doing stupid stuff all the time, do we really need to make even harder for them to see? :no:

jkust
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
To sacrifice visibility to make the roof able to hold 2x-3x the vehicle's weight is rather stupid, IMO. I can see requiring a sturdy roof that won't collapse on a moment's notice, but it just seems way overkill.

We already have a bunch of drivers that are distracted and doing stupid stuff all the time, do we really need to make even harder for them to see? :no:

I've wondered about the strength of the TV pillars. My wife rolled her previous Rainier off the freeway 2.5 times. The roof held luckily with the portion where the sun roof was caving in the most. I know the big issue with suv's and their week pillars but the roof not caving in on her and the family did its job. She ended up rolling in to several feet of snow so we are thinking the cushion effect helped given it even landed upside down.

the roadie
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Btw what's the bad with the huge pillars ...Unless you have excellent mirrors with no blind spot, you will have vehicles hiding in your many large blind spots far more often than you have a roll-over incident. Changing lanes into a hidden vehicle may cause a roll-over incident for THEM. :eek:

SparkyJJO
11-16-2011, 12:31 PM
So there you have it.

Thicker pillars reduce injury from rollovers.
Thicker pillars create blind spots that can cause rollovers.

Therefore, thicker pillars reduce injury in rollovers caused by poor visibility from the thick pillars!

:undecided

So going with my train of logic (ha), NO pillars would give you NO blind spots and NO pillar-induced rollovers. Brilliant!

:bonk:

jbones
11-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey, instead of a windshield, why not put a bunch of cameras where you can zoom in and out and drive watching the LCD TV instead? Pure genius, this will eliminate the need to use windshield wipers, which significantly create drag, therefore increasing gas mileage by 0.000000039% and preserving the polar ice caps.

I can see it now! Al Gore rolling up to the local Burger joint in one of these.

Truebass
11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I would blame more the truck's overall design than the use of thick pillars,better say the the use of thick pillars when the overall design can't support it properly,but that's definitely not an excuse to have SUVs barelly getting 2-3 stars at NCap's funny roll over tests,while the front and side impacts always makes the testers wishing they had the ability to give 100 stars.

Btw 2-3 times the weight of the vehicle can look rediculous low depending on the condition of the roll over,aswell as crash testing at 64kph while at high way most of the people going with at least 50kph more but they can't do anything else for many reasons.

Editing to say that if you see any alien words give me a break as i'm writing as fast is possible on the iPhone.

jbones
11-16-2011, 07:49 PM
So who's going oversea's buy one of these CROSSOVER TB's, and design and market the level/lift kits, just tin case it ever makes it to the U.S.?