Looking for police "hotspots" on i-95 from delaware to florida [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Looking for police "hotspots" on i-95 from delaware to florida

DARKASS04EXT
04-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Guys im driving down to Palm Coast FL, then from there to Daytona during the 1st week in May. Im wondering if a few members could post where on I95 are the worst police speed traps etc. Im not trying to drive recklessly, just trying to make sure i have a very uneventful trip. Im sure every state has there "known" speed trap areas that the locals know of.

Also, are there any cities or certain areas I shouldnt go thru at certain times? Im leaving Delaware sometime around 8pm or so.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

justblazin
04-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Virginia, Virginia, Virginia... Did I mention Virginia

I behave through that whole state.. I got a $245.00 ticket there.. Cop car had tinted windows, and no markings.. Looked like any other Mustang.

ilikemy3s
04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I have driven I95 form Philly area to Fl and back many times. During the day and night. Saw many LEO. I just stuck to no more than 5 yo 7 mph over the posted speed limit while in traffic .. a little more when the road was open and clear. Did not weave in and out of traffic .. basically did not drive like an a$$ :m2: Dont get me wrong .. I like to drop the windows and crank up the tunes as much as the next guy and know how easy it is to loose track of how fast your going. But with the cost of tickets and the cost of gas .. it was not worth it .. again .. :m2:

ieatglue
04-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Just set your cruise control and take your foot off the gas pedal:D

I use my cruise control religiously! Even though school zones!

ghoster
04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Be very careful in all the I-95 construction areas through Baltimore. I can neither confirm nor deny that that area is heavily watched. The other area is around Emporia Virginia. Its fairly close to the NC/VA line. If you happened to be one of the million or so military members stationed in Norfolk/Va Beach/Chesapeake area, the fastest way to I-95 is to come west on VA58 through Emporia. The cops know this. Its a very heavily traveled area, especially on holiday weekends. We were warned about this area when we had our in-processing at Norfolk. :cool:

shelbygoat
04-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Just set your cruise control and take your foot off the gas pedal:D

I use my cruise control religiously! Even though school zones!

this

cruise control is the greatest invention for a long distance driver

markmc
04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Lots of speed traps just south of Jacksonville in St. Johns county. Hit me up when you get to Palm Coast that's only 15 minutes from my place.

barniejekyl
04-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Last time I drove thru NC, the cops were on both sides of the bridges shooting radar.....I live in VA and the heat is on here also...I-95 is a good safe route to take, just 10 over should be enough...Unmarked cars in every shape, size and color.....Saw an F-350 duel wheel cop truck the other day....unmarked of course....and a newer model Corvette....be safe on the road trip....love me some Daytona.....

DARKASS04EXT
04-26-2011, 08:17 AM
this

cruise control is the greatest invention for a long distance driver
were driving down in my wifes 06 Pontiac G6 that DOES NOT have cruise...

Lots of speed traps just south of Jacksonville in St. Johns county. Hit me up when you get to Palm Coast that's only 15 minutes from my place.
Were coming down for my wifes stepdads wedding which is actually on sat in Daytona. My wife will probably be doing wedding stuff on friday so i may be able to catch up on friday. Were leaving on Sunday. PM me with your contact info and ill see if we can catch up.

jse09
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Not sure about other states, but living in Florida, i see speed traps almost every time i use the highway for a trip longer than an hour or so.. so just be aware of that. However i haven't noticed any particular places where they tend to always be.. my best bet would be around the Jacksonville area (north, south, and through Jacksonville) as well as the Daytona area.. Sorry i dont have much specifics but keep an eye out for dark brownish dodge chargers that are undercover, as well as other unmarked police vehicles parked under the overpasses.. :m2:

vipergg
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Guys im driving down to Palm Coast FL, then from there to Daytona during the 1st week in May. Im wondering if a few members could post where on I95 are the worst police speed traps etc. Im not trying to drive recklessly, just trying to make sure i have a very uneventful trip. Im sure every state has there "known" speed trap areas that the locals know of.

Also, are there any cities or certain areas I shouldnt go thru at certain times? Im leaving Delaware sometime around 8pm or so.

Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

We just made that trip. If traffic is anything like it was when we went down I95 you wont have to worry about speeding , traffic was horrendous from the DC area all the way thru the Carolinas . Traffic would just come to a complete stop for no reason at all, no accident , no construction , it would just stop then start up again it was so bad. Coming back we started seeing the same thing so we got off I95 and came back to rochester via I79 thru PA , a lot less traffic though its a lot of mountain driving.

BUC NASTY
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Even if we tell you where are all of the speed traps are its pointless to know. Its not like the police are going to stay at the same spot everytime they catch you speeding.

Do you know how they track you in VA.......Well simple, through air. If you drive down the I-95 hwy and look up once an a while you will see a couple of helicopters in the air looking for suspicious drivers.

Bottom line: Drive safe! I drove from MD to Richmond,VA twice at speeds of 80-100mph and didnt get caught...Well almost.:ugh:

BTW, if you have a speed detector brace yourself because in VA its illegal.

DARKASS04EXT
04-27-2011, 07:59 AM
I just wanted an idea of the "worst" areas. Here in DE 95 has 2 hotspots and 295 has 1, cops are at these spots almost day n night. The locals know this, but out of staters do not.

As far as traffic, I hope driving through the night will help.

blazinlow89
05-13-2011, 01:43 AM
As others have mentioned VA is hot with cops, i would take 295 around Richmond well worth the lack of traffic, and rarely do you see cops in that area. Baltimore is another good one to watch out around. I would also recommend that as you get within 15-20 miles of the Georgia border heading out of South Carolina, you should watch your speed. Can't remember the town's name, but they had cops lined up at one of the entrances back onto 95 south bound, just waiting. They would people over, then run to the next exit and get back in line.

Same goes for NC near the SC border, exact same setup.

I usually go about 10 over and never have a problem, someone will always be going faster than you.