Water in the floor board [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Water in the floor board

gmckissmybutt
05-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Hello and thanks for reading. I am on my second gmc with water intrusion issues. This is on my 2006 envoy after a hard rain today my wife noticed water dripping onto the passenger side floor board. We have a sunroof. I pulled the glove box and checked behind it and found some drips here and there on various spots but not enough to explain the amount of water we have. The car is garage kept and was not out for more than 4 hrs and soaked the floor board. I notice it dripping off the shroud around the floor vents not thru the vents and down the tranny hump. Pulled the a/c drain off and it was clean. Thanks for your help jeff

Blazernut
05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Hello and thanks for reading. I am on my second gmc with water intrusion issues. This is on my 2006 envoy after a hard rain today my wife noticed water dripping onto the passenger side floor board. We have a sunroof. I pulled the glove box and checked behind it and found some drips here and there on various spots but not enough to explain the amount of water we have. The car is garage kept and was not out for more than 4 hrs and soaked the floor board. I notice it dripping off the shroud around the floor vents not thru the vents and down the tranny hump. Pulled the a/c drain off and it was clean. Thanks for your help jeff

I recalled reading something about that type of problem. Using the search function I found the following threads:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=66555&highlight=sun+roof+leak

or this

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=65788&highlight=plugged+drain+tubes

willn513
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Good luck let us know if you figure it out

mwfaith1971
05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Almost certainly the sunroof drain tubes are clogged, as mentioned above.

Matt

gmckissmybutt
05-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I was getting excited about the thought of this fix till i checked out the links and found one thing wrong. I really had little to no water in the tray around the sunroof. It was damp in a place or two but that was it. I wounder if there is a cowl vent that could be leaking. I think tonight i will hose the car down from the wipers down and see if i get any water and work my way up. Thanks for the replys.

gmckissmybutt
05-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Got home from work yesterday pulled the Envoy out of the garage and got the hose out. Hit the car from the wipers down for a long time no water. Shot the windshield and finally the roof and sunroof no water at all. Washed the car no water. Opened the sunroof and poured water down the drains they were clear and i did not get any water in the car from that. Now what???
Clueless

zooZYyork
05-04-2011, 11:00 AM
i have the same problem, and have had this problem since ive had the TB (5 years). Im not sure if there was a thread about it or i just saw a post about it. Somebody said it was the wiper cowl. might wanna check it out

fire06
05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
If you are sure that the drain tubes for the sunroof are good then I would take compressed air and blow it around the edges of the windshield on the inside, while someone else feels for the air on the outside of the windshield. If no leaks then there is a body leak.

my-tb
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I had an 04 that had this same problem.... but it did not have a sunroof. Turns out it was the A/C drain tube. If you get under the right side of the car against the fire wall you can see a 90degree hose coming out, when I removed mine is started gushing water. I let it all drain really good and the checked the tube that I pulled off, it was partically blocked. Cleaned it all out and never happend again.

-Bryan