Trailer Problems!!! [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: Trailer Problems!!!

usmcfarrar
06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Hello everyone.

Ok, here's the situation. It's kind of a wierd one. Have a 02 Trailblazer LTZ. Has a towing package. So i am towing for the first time, since i got the vehicle. I have an adapter for a 4 flat to a 7. While lights are off. My right signal works, brakes work, but my left signal causes all of the lights on the trailer to flash(searching for a ground???) Then when the lights r on, and i put either turn signal on, my left signal lights flashes once(on the dash) and then goes stagnant(on the dash) it flashes in the back tail light, but also makes the right turn signal flash aswell.

So what i did was. I spliced into the ground that feeds from the plug back to my TB, and made a dbl ground so it has 2 to go to. And the problem still exist. So i figure its not a ground. I beleive i checked all the fuses. What else could it be??? Thanks so much for reading.

kenmyfam
06-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone.

Ok, here's the situation. It's kind of a wierd one. Have a 02 Trailblazer LTZ. Has a towing package. So i am towing for the first time, since i got the vehicle. I have an adapter for a 4 flat to a 7. While lights are off. My right signal works, brakes work, but my left signal causes all of the lights on the trailer to flash(searching for a ground???) Then when the lights r on, and i put either turn signal on, my left signal lights flashes once(on the dash) and then goes stagnant(on the dash) it flashes in the back tail light, but also makes the right turn signal flash aswell.

So what i did was. I spliced into the ground that feeds from the plug back to my TB, and made a dbl ground so it has 2 to go to. And the problem still exist. So i figure its not a ground. I beleive i checked all the fuses. What else could it be??? Thanks so much for reading.

You can bet it's a ground still !!!!!
Go grab a tester from harbor freight or similar and plug it into the vehicle. It will show you whether the trailer or the trailblazer are the problem.
3 biggest issues for trailer light failure are as follows

1, Bad ground
2, Bad ground
3, Bad ground

usmcfarrar
06-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Even when i spliced a new ground in on the TB, and the lights work fine on my other truck...

kenmyfam
06-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Even when i spliced a new ground in on the TB, and the lights work fine on my other truck...

Could be better grounding through the ball on the other truck.
Grab one of those $5 testers and check the trailblazer out. Quick, easy and cheap test and you will have the tester for next time.
Good luck.