03 trailblazer ext cranks but wont start [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: 03 trailblazer ext cranks but wont start

EXT Blazing
08-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Hi I have 03 traiblazer ext with a 11k miles, the car won't start anymore it will crank but not start, I have changed the fuel filter checked the pressure of the pump and its good, I even changed the fuel pump relay, the car started yesterday after sitting for 3 months fine, but I had some problems, the abs and brake light were on and the car drove like if it was in limp mode, I thought the ecu just might have to readjust, but when I came to a stop light the engine just starting idling rough the low oil pressure came on and the engine shut off, it started up for a few seconds and shut off and won't start again.does anyone know what could be wrong? I've been reading online that it could the ignition switch and bought a new one and will try that tomorrow, if anyone has any pointers pls respond to this thread or email at Johnmaxa@gmail.com

petevw
08-12-2012, 09:06 PM
An '03 with only 11K on it??? wow. Are you the original owner? Was the battery dead after sitting for 3 months? If so, take it to an auto parts store and have it load tested.....might be bad.

scottsgsp
08-13-2012, 12:56 AM
11k? Surely this isn't correct. If it is, I'd make sure you have new gas in it and like above post- check the battery

Loverotties
08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Sitting 3 months,I'd change the oil,and oil pressure switch could be bad(gunked up)What does the gauge read on dash?With it saying low oil pressure the engine shuts off to try to protect it.Your Throttle body mite be dirty and gas mite be bad from sitting too.

EXT Blazing
08-13-2012, 03:41 PM
yes i'm the original owner of the car, and its 11k original miles, the battery wasnt dead it was disconnected from when i parked it up, the oil was changed a week before i parked it, pressure was reading 40 psi at idle and around 50 driving around before it shut off, it has fresh gas and a can of octane booster before i started it,

like i said the car started up right away everything seemed fine and i let it idle for about 20 mins, went down the block to the gas station filled it up put air in the tires, get back in the car and noticed the cluster light up like a christmas tree

EXT Blazing
08-15-2012, 03:57 AM
bump, still no luck even with the new ignition switch and had mechanic come scan it and showed no codes besides not being able to connect to the body module

code001:
u1000 loss of serial communications for class2

EXT Blazing
08-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I dropped the tank today to check the wiring going to the pump I get 12 volts to it, also jumped the fuel pump sometimes it goes sometimes not, when I connect straight to the battery it always goes on, so what can it be? Can be a security issue?or do you guys think the injectors are stuck?

EXT Blazing
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
i fixed the problem it was bad fuel pump, i guess it would get to hot and seize up, i replaced it with a aeromotive stealth 11142