abs and brake light come on and off [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: abs and brake light come on and off

EXT Blazing
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
hi i'm having a problem with my abs and brake light, they keep coming on and off with audible chime while driving, this either happens every few seconds or minutes, i have checked the fluid level and cleaned up the ground under drivers door, and the problem still persists, is there a second for ebcm somewhere i heard theres one by the front seat?

Ray Dockrey
10-01-2012, 11:10 AM
My first thought would be a wheel speed sensor.

edwinhil
10-11-2012, 05:33 AM
got to agree, the sensors are a big problem. here's a link to another post on the subject that might help. I had a similiar problem, then had to change out a hub, which comes with a new sensor, and the abs problem was cured also. Hope this helps.

Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Brakes
Simple Fix for ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

kevb
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I took mine to autozone and had them pull abs codes that told me which sensor is bad. Might be worth a try.

EXT Blazing
12-27-2012, 04:04 PM
12/27/12 Update

now it just stays on for the whole the day with just the chime going off once a while, yet the abs and brakes work perfectly fine even when the lights are one

i went to 2 different shops trying to pull codes and both of them couldn't get anything, one of them had snap on scanner and another gm tech 2, one mechanic said theres a short somewhere in the system causing it

also the thing is when ever i connect trailer to the car the lights go off and never come on, until the next start cycle after the trailer has been disconnected

chevy200
01-05-2014, 03:32 AM
i got a 2002 trailblazer and the abs light and the brake light came on tonight and stay on it feels like the abs is not working but the brakes feel good . can u help me