abs and brake light come on and off [Archive] - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

: abs and brake light come on and off

EXT Blazing
10-01-2012, 12:32 AM
hi i'm having a problem with my abs and brake light, they keep coming on and off with audible chime while driving, this either happens every few seconds or minutes, i have checked the fluid level and cleaned up the ground under drivers door, and the problem still persists, is there a second for ebcm somewhere i heard theres one by the front seat?

Ray Dockrey
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
My first thought would be a wheel speed sensor.

edwinhil
10-11-2012, 04:33 AM
got to agree, the sensors are a big problem. here's a link to another post on the subject that might help. I had a similiar problem, then had to change out a hub, which comes with a new sensor, and the abs problem was cured also. Hope this helps.

Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Brakes
Simple Fix for ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

kevb
10-11-2012, 01:22 PM
I took mine to autozone and had them pull abs codes that told me which sensor is bad. Might be worth a try.

EXT Blazing
12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
12/27/12 Update

now it just stays on for the whole the day with just the chime going off once a while, yet the abs and brakes work perfectly fine even when the lights are one

i went to 2 different shops trying to pull codes and both of them couldn't get anything, one of them had snap on scanner and another gm tech 2, one mechanic said theres a short somewhere in the system causing it

also the thing is when ever i connect trailer to the car the lights go off and never come on, until the next start cycle after the trailer has been disconnected

Garth
01-05-2014, 12:09 AM
I know this thread is really old, I've been browsing on here a lot lately :coffee but in case you haven't fixed it yet, it's the ignition switch. Or for my ext it was. It randomly started the abs and brake light with chime deal and would do it multiple times. Googled it and it said that it was the ignition switch. Which to me, makes no sense. But it fixed the problem when I replaced it.

chevy200
01-05-2014, 02:32 AM
i got a 2002 trailblazer and the abs light and the brake light came on tonight and stay on it feels like the abs is not working but the brakes feel good . can u help me

Garth
01-05-2014, 02:34 AM
I myself, can't help you but maybe someone with more knowledge can. Good luck. :)