Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

HELP!!! No crank ignition issue!!!

26K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  cb2052 
#1 ·
OK guys, here is the story. My wife went out the other night to roll the windows down on our 2003 trailblazer (6 cylinder), and left the key in the run position over night. Next morning I went to start the truck and well......dead battery. Charged it and tried to start the truck.....nothing. I have replaced the battery, ignition switch, checked the starter relay and double checked every fuse in both boxes. It's not the starter because I can jump the starter with a screw driver and make the engine turn over. Everything works inside the truck and all the lights come on just fine. I am stumped. Any suggestions??????

#4 ·
Yes, the secuity light flashes a few times when the key is turned to the on position and then it stays on.

Does anyone out there with a service manual know what the security module reset procedure is? I know it is something like turn the key on and wait 'till the security light turns off, then turn the key off for a minute and repeate the procedure 2 more times but I would like to see the actual procedure. I don't know if the key has to be turned to the crank position first and then to the on position or if there are other details I don't know about. Thanks again for the help.

#6 ·
Neelskit,

Thanks for the link. I was able to talk to a mechanic that was nice enough to give me the reset procedure last night and that did the trick. The procedure he gave me is the same procedure that was in the link so that is definetly the right steps to reset it. I am still a little puzzled as to why leaving the key in the on position would have caused my issue but I guess I will get over it since I have a running truck now!!

Thanks again for the help.

#8 ·
start issue

I'm having a no start problem, I've gone through the threads with no avail. My shifter is NOT getting stuck at all and it has free range. That is why I want to rule out the ignition switch. I turn the key and nothing happens, if I jiggle the shifter around while attempting to start it, sometimes it works. I started with the cheap end of it and replaced my park/nutural safety switch, it was only 34.99. It seemed to be fine and I thought I was out of the woods until it happened to me again twice today. So I go through the normal routine of shifter jiggle and turning it over and I finally get it to start. This may sound weird but it seems to only occur when it is cold. Please help me!

#10 ·
I have the same issue from time to time, just yesterday I had to do the relearn. It does work, but where does the memory live? In the BCM? Over the last 2-3 years I've done it 5-6 times. If I could nail it down to a bad BCM or ECM I'd:worried: be well on my way to a more reliable truck.

#14 ·
Installed a new head unit now tb wil not start

I installed a new head unit today. I go out to start my truck to leave and my radio is on and I cannot start the truck. When I try to crank it I get an unknown driver on the instrument panel.

Earlier today after installing the unit I was going to a restaurant, made a right turn and all of the instrument panel lights and gauges went off and on. I believe the lights on the thermostat went off and on. I'm preempt sure the headlights flickered as well.

I know that I did not tighten the negative terminal on the battery as tight as it was when I took it off. I tightened the negative terminal and tried again and no luck.

As I'm typing this I have the negative terminal unhooked. I am going to try and see if I can reset anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.