Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Anyone else have this problem?

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  J_im 
#1 ·
Any advise would be awesome! I have a "06 Envoy Denali and this morning on my message center it read 'stability track active". Granted, it was wet outside but nothing really bad. The truck out of first gear felt like a hard shift. Nothing happen on the rest of the gears, only out of first. After re-starting my truck, the message was gone, and my problem went away. Yes, it was still wet outside. Help! I'm thinking of taking this back to the dealer to run a diagnostic, but I also want to know if anyone has had any similiar problem????:confused:

#5 ·
The same happened to me

I have a 08 Envoy Denali for three month now after a 04 TB however on evening as I was drive the same thing happened I notified GM pushed ON-Star to see why..suggested I take it to the dealer get to the dealer to be told they couldn't find anything wrong...it never happened again thank God I chalked it up as a computer glitz...:m2:

#6 ·
Fresh From GM TSB..

#08-05-25-005: Intermittent StabiliTrak Indicator Light Blinking, StabiliTrak Active Message Displayed, DTC C0196 Set (Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)) - (Oct 1, 2008)

Subject: Intermittent StabiliTrak® Indicator Light Blinking, StabiliTrak® Active Message Displayed, DTC C0196 Set (Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM))

Models: 2006-2007 Buick Rainier

2006-2009 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Models

2006-2009 GMC Envoy Models

2006-2009 Saab 9-7X

2006-2009 Isuzu Ascender Models

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin provides information on two different conditions.

Condition #1
Some customers may comment on a Service StabiliTrak® indicator light along with a Service StabiliTrak® message displayed in the DIC. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC C0196 set in history.

Condition #2
Some customers may comment on a blinking StabiliTrak® indicator light along with a StabiliTrak Active message displayed in the DIC during normal driving conditions. No DTCs will be found with this concern.

Cause
This condition may be caused by a software anomaly within the electronic brake control module (EBCM) that allowed the yaw offset to be falsely learned.

Correction
Do This
Don't Do This

Reprogram the EBCM.
Do not replace the yaw sensor or EBCM for this condition.

Important: From the controller list, select "VSES Vehicle Stability Enhancement System Control Module."

If routine diagnosis using SI does not reveal any obvious cause, reprogram the EBCM using SPS with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the Service Programming System (SPS) procedures in SI. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

Warranty Information (excluding Saab U.S. Models)
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

H2508
Electronic Brake and/or Traction Control Module Reprogramming with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Warranty Information (Saab U.S. Models)
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Failed Object
Fault/Reason Code
Location Code
Warranty Type
Repair/Action Code
Labor Time

Electronic Brake and/or Traction Control Module Reprogramming with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

#7 ·
Fresh From GM TSB..

Condition #1
Some customers may comment on a Service StabiliTrak® indicator light along with a Service StabiliTrak® message displayed in the DIC. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC C0196 set in history.
This happened to me a few weeks ago and a few days ago for my wife. Glad to see that it can be fixed, I will be calling them in the next few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.