Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

loud humming noise when accelerating and decellerating

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  blentz2009 
#1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to this site, I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT Lt and although i love it, Ive had one problem after the next my current problem just came about a couple of days ago, Ive been trying to figure out whats going on but i need some suggestions.

Problem:

When i crank my trailblazer it sounds normal and it continues to sound normal until i reach (2) in the RPMs' this is where my problem starts. when the RPM gets to (2) it sounds like the RPM is staying in two, I mean its a loud reving/ humming noise and it will continue to sound like this until i decellerate and stop but when i accelerate same noise. the noise sounds like its comming from the area of the throttle body or the resistor which is connected to the throttle body. Since this has occured, I on occasion hear what sounds like a grinding noise in the same area. My gas miliage has not changed and my transmission is fine. My abs, check engine and stabilititrak lights are on but they came on long before this problem first occured. any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.