Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Heater is not working, blowing cold air

17K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  byn2ools 
#1 ·
Greetings All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Warmed up my 02 Envoy SLT this morning. When I got in about 15 min later, I could still see my breath in the truck. I didn't think much of it, I thought my auto start did not kick on. Manually turned on and started driving, still no hot air, but the heater is blowing.

About almost 1 and a half miles into my commute, my temperature guage started moving past 210 and on mile 2, my "check guages" light came on and temp guage were at the max (overheating). Pulled over for about 15 min, started up again and 3 blocks later same thing. Made it to work, but its going to sit here till I can find a solution.

In the past 2 months, I have been hearing a sound coming from the engine like if there were some ball bearings grinding. I thought this was from the A/C compressor (I read about a defect on this somewheren and didn't think much of it)

Everything was fine last night, but this morning, outside temerature was at -3 degrees.

Should I replace only the thermostat, or should I go ahead and buy a water pump also and replace?

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
The 1st thing you should do is check the cooling level.

You will find it is low.

Fill it, then look for the leak.

When you find the leak, sounds like it may be the water pump, repair.

Remove thermostat and reverse flush the cooling system.

Replace thermostat with a new one.

Fill cooling system and check for air lock

Drive vehicle and watch temp Gauge.

You should be good to go

#4 ·
Okay, replaced water pump and thermostat. I have heat again. My only issue is that I lost the clips for the trans lines. Parts store doesn't have them. Any idea where to get them or is there something elsi I can use? Heat is working now, but fluid is leaking from these connections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.