Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Check Engine Light - Cylinder Misfire

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  the_dc_skater06 
#1 ·
I am getting error code P0300 on my 05 I6 Trailblazer. I am replacing all the spark plugs right now, but I noticed they have some oil on the threads which Im not sure is a good thing, and also there was some moisture in cylinder 4 where I took the coil pack out, as well as inside the little rubber spring thing between the coil and plug. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 ·
A little oil on the plugs is normal. after putting on some miles, oil seeps through, so i wouldn't worry much about it. as for the moisture in your #4 cylinder, there is a TSB regarding that problem, and the dealer should be able to fix it for you. Supposedly the seal isn't tight enough to keep water out when it rains? I'll try to find the thread that explains in in the mean time. Just curious, but how many miles do you have?

#4 ·
wardak is right on...
when it rains- the water gets past the seal on the hood and lands on top of the engine around cylinder # 4. it finds its way into the plug hole- and causes misfires....
yes oil in the holes is also normal after some miles.

#6 ·
no trick. youll have to have the right lenght extension for the # 6....
but I actually found that #1 was harder to remove- than #6.
just stand on a small ladder or box to reach #6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.