Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

headlight adjustment

78K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  spudde100 
#1 ·
So my driver side head light is lower than my passanger side and i was woundering how do you adjust the headlights? Any help would be nice.

#2 ·
There is a white ...screw/knob/whatever you call it on top of the headlight assembly. You turn it to raise or lower the beam. Best to do this against a garage or a wall of some sort so you get an even line. You can use pliers to twist it, just be careful not to break it off.

#6 ·
tblazed's Headlight Aiming Post

Here's a link to a great post by tblazed that shows a graphic representation of how to adjust your headlights.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showpost.php?p=474418&postcount=5

I printed it out on May 9, 2009 because I needed to adjust my headlights after the McMeister Lift was installed. Good thing I kept it because I did a search, but it didn't show up in the list. So I guess I can't give you a raspberry about using the search feature. Go figure. (Aw, what the heck - :raspberry).

#9 ·
Beam Problem

Adjusting the headlamp is not my problem, it seems to be the beam on the drivers side has a different shape than on the passenger side. I was wondering if there is a different type replacement bulb? I adjusted the beams as even as I could. The high beams were exact but the low beams just don't look the same. The drivers side shines in peoples rear view mirrors and I know it is annoying them. I readjusted so it is not shining in peoples mirrors but the high beams are way off. The drivers high beam is almost useless now. Any suggestions??? :bonk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.