Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Replaced water pump

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  TB4494 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum i have a big problem i replaced the water pump in my 2006 trailblazer LS 4.2 V6 and now the fan clutch wont turn on at all and the car keeps overheating i dont know what i did wrong and i need to fix a.s.a.p if any of you can give me some advice or thoughts i need it bad thanks

#3 ·
One time when i done one of these when i put the fan shroud back in, The bottom alignment pin of the shroud did not make it back in the hole and when i started to drive it, the shroud blew against the fan so the fan would not turn.
You can see if from under neath i believe.
Check that and let me know.

#8 ·
Thanks

Im gonna take it to my mechanic and have him put a new one on im done for now with the DIY projects.Most of the things that go wrong with my trailblazer i have fixed my self but im gonna leave this one to him. I'll let you guys know what happens within the next couple of days and hopefully this will end up a solved thread thanks for all the help and brainstorming :thx

#9 ·
So i replaced the fan clutch and then something else happened

So i decided to fix the fan clutch myself and then i broke the radiator and also found out my thermostat was faulty.So i took it to a mechanic and it cost me 340 to replace the radiator and the thermostat. So now i have replaced the water pump,thermostat,radiator,fan clutch,gas cap and am getting set of 4 new tires which will run me about 500,So hopefully nothing else goes wrong anytime soon cause im am done for now.Figured i'd update you guys about the progress.:woohoo:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.