Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Multiple Electrical Issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bige2020 
#1 ·
My girlfriend drives a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT with the 4.2 and its having multiple electrical issues. We have already replaced the ignition switch and the alternator, and that has not helped. The battery is being drained by something, even only a few minutes after the engine has been turned off. The battery tested good also.

The biggest thing that we have noticed is that the heater fan doesnt really work unless under acceleration, and even then its very weak. Its not a coolant/water pump/thermostat issue. However, the fan will stay on after the ignition has been turned off.

Also, one radio speaker stays on.

The drivers side memory seat only works occasionally.

The key fob is acting crazy.

From everything I have read, its either a rubbed wire/bad connection, or the BCM has gone bad. I did have a diagnostic done on it, and the steering wheel position sensor is bad.

Could the steering wheel sensor problem cause the BCM to stop controlling everything else properly or is the BCM the likely culprit?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.