Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

broken seat trim

15K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  eddie9217 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a question,

i broke the tabs off the trim panel on the side of my driver seat on my 06 ss. its the piece that has all the buttons for the seat controls. is this a piece that is available on its own or do the dealers try and make you buy the whole seat? if its available does anyone have a part number?

i dunno how it happened and i doubt its warrentied so if its got a part number i just want to pick up a new one

#2 ·
hey guys i have a question,

i broke the tabs off the trim panel on the side of my driver seat on my 06 ss. its the piece that has all the buttons for the seat controls. is this a piece that is available on its own or do the dealers try and make you buy the whole seat? if its available does anyone have a part number?

i dunno how it happened and i doubt its warrentied so if its got a part number i just want to pick up a new one[/QUOT

Warranty that s**t. Just a guess, but it probably broke where the screw is recessed in the deep tunnel. At least that is where mine broke.

#3 ·
Broken

I broke mine too, but it's probably cause I weigh almost 250lbs and the edge of the seat compressed enough (when I was getting in) to bust the three tabs.. Since I would probably end up breaking a new piece eventually, I just rivetted some angle brackets to slide into the holes for the original tabs. :duh:

#8 ·
Sorry to resurrect an old thread--mine's broken too. I'm a big ole boy, but the plastic clips on mine that held it to the seat seemed awfully flimsy. The screw in front was all that was holding mine on the seat. All the other plastic clips had given way.

Any part number help would be appreciated. Want to order replacement soon. Gotta get the truck shipshape so she'll be ready to sell / trade for the 2010 Camaro...

#10 ·
Should be in the parts list in the resources section. I had the same piece replaced under warranty and the part number had been changed twice after the list came out. Cheap part, under $15 if I remember correctly.

#11 ·
dealer just called me today, my part is in. the total cost was about 15.00+ i will have the part number this afternoon. i was pissed when i broke mines a couple of months ago. my next thing to replace would be the center console cover, when i get in the truck i use my right arm to position myself by using the the console cover. i can feel that it's all broken up in the inside from the pressure being applied over and over.:duh::duh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.