#1 ·
previuse topic
i go to dealer to check the dtc

i have report contain this :
code p1481 Cooling Fan Speed Sensor Circuit
they make the chek and print for 40$

any help please what couse this error ?

#5 · (Edited)
then u mean i must replace the fan clutch ?
no way to fix this sensor ? like this toipc Wiring problem ?
now it is working but stopping some times , then i disconnect the battery for 20 min the it work !
the dealer say i must replace the thermostat also beacuse the down hose colder than the upper hose
and replace the engine sponsors ( engine chairs )

#6 ·
then u mean i must replace the fan clutch ?
Usually, yes. But some members, perhaps one or two over the years that I've been a member, have found problems in the wiring harness. But in almost all cases of problems with 2002-2004 fan clutches, and you have a 2002, the failure rate is very high, I concluded you were in a location with high ambient temperatures ;) and you might as well change it out. At least that is my non-professional opinion.
no way to fix this sensor ? like this toipc Wiring problem ?
Perhaps. If you're going to fix it yourself - YOU need to go look at your wiring and come to a conclusion. We're just an Internet forum. We can't see your vehicle. Our advice is free, comes with a lot of experience, but cannot be guaranteed.
now it is working but stopping some times , then i disconnect the battery for 20 min the it work !
Well good. That means it's an intermittent problem, the worst kind to solve. Because then you can't be guaranteed to find the problem with a meter. You might find wiring problems with a visual inspection. But maybe not. How muuch time and trouble do you want to go through before just putting a little money into the repair?
the dealer say i must replace the thermostat also beacuse the down hose colder than the upper hose
What does your temperature gauge read? Have you ever had a temperature-related code? Your dealer may know best. Our advice cannot always be superior to theirs.
and replace the engine sponsors ( engine chairs )
These are usually called the engine mounts. Very rare failure on trailvoys. Does your engine sag or vibrate more than before? You may have to trust your dealer's advice on this. But thanks for the reminder - I may have to go check my own engine mounts for sagging because of the abuse I give it.

#7 ·
thanks roadie , thanks alot
i leave the car
today they call me and told me the upper chair ( mount ) that built in with the engine also broken !
i request a minue of parts , engine mounte , and the upper mount , state , some part in ac mybe clutch or roman ! ,

I have some pictures, and I will post it tonight
They told me today that engine mounts broken from the right, also another part upper the mount .

News is very bad

they said the shaking is large ! , and it tilted more to the point, on the other side
and the engine maybe pushing the hole fan to the radiator and maybe this problem cause fan clutch failure twice in 8 months

thanks very mutch
2 days later i well recive my tb :sadcry: and will see what will happen in the fan clutch

#10 ·
Problem was resolved
engine mounts has been changed ... So far, the fan clutch not stoping again ,
and after two weeks of the reform did not show any code in the dtc.
engine shaking will stop the work of the fan.

thanks for every man helped me :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.