Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2007 recall drivere window

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  GM Customer Svc 
#1 ·
Did anyone get their Tb driver window switch recall done.I am still waiting for the fix

#5 · (Edited)
Hey all. I have the same problem with my 05 envoy. I found out that the recall is only on the 06-07 envoy. Does anyone know y this is or if a recall is to be made on the 05 as well being that it is the same problem. Is the recall for the door module itself? I called gm and they have no indication that there will b a recall placed on the 05. Please reply. N if any one knows a site I can purchase a used door module (used preferably, heard those don't have to be programmed in the meantime). Thanks all

#6 ·
Only years recalled were the 06 and 07's like you said. That recall was offered a while back and since nothing else has been said I am guessing that no other years will be involved.

As far as used ones have you searched Ebay? I just did my own search and found many used ones for sale.

#10 ·
I am sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you. The lift gate module is in the rear lift gate. It controls the remote door locks and numerous other things in the lift gate. If it goes bad then even a used one has to be programmed to the options on the truck.

And again, a used door module will not need programming.

#13 ·
just thought id add my 2 cents...

I just got my letter saying the dealer had all the parts they needed to fix the problem.

Also I noticed on the 2003-2005s they had rocker switches for the windows and the 2006-2009s have a push-pull style switch so that it probably why your 05 is not part of the recall.. the switch is a little different

#15 ·
I just had mine done too! They replaced "something" BCM? and now I'm experiencing issues with the lift gate module. According to the stealership that has nothing to do with the recall...anyone have any thoughts? I have a list of things to check for my mechanic for the module issues....fuses, wiring, actuator and finally replacing the module itself...but thought I'd see if anything was known of a correlation between the two...timing sucks too because I just had my stereo installed right at the same time the key fob and hatch locked on me. It is now unlocked, but until I determine the issues in the hatch it won't lock along with the doors....yay me!:bonk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.