Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Replaced stat is there a bleeder valve or hose for air bleed.

18K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sportjunkee 
#1 ·
Is there a certain way to get the air out of the system on the 5.3, from what im reading on alldata it doesnt mention anything about bleeder valves or hoses? i dont want to overheat the engine thanks.

#4 ·
Just did mine yesterday...

Shorty is right, take the radiator cap off, start the truck and let it heat up. Watch the coolant rise and fall AND burp bubbles. It took mine about 30 minutes to get all the air out. When its "done" the fluid inside the radiator will typically swirl. if it continues to rise and fall, there's more air inside. No need for any bleeder valve, just some patience will fix it.

Rev it a few times to jostle the air out too.

#5 ·
Shorty is right, take the radiator cap off, start the truck and let it heat up. Watch the coolant rise and fall AND burp bubbles. It took mine about 30 minutes to get all the air out. When its "done" the fluid inside the radiator will typically swirl. if it continues to rise and fall, there's more air inside. No need for any bleeder valve, just some patience will fix it.

Rev it a few times to jostle the air out too.
I figured it out, that along with taking off the small hose on top of the engine worked thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.