Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Stop the body roll now....:)

5K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  IPT 
#1 · (Edited)
Stop the body roll now, swaybars? end links?

So I can't take the body roll on my 2002 LS TB anymore! Do I want to do end links, sway bars, or both? Is this something I can do in the garage with an impact wrench, basic sockets, and a jack?

Thoughts, suggestions, or links to packages or products? I see some people just doing the end links and bushings in the fronts? I want to keep the truck balanced so I guess doing something at both the front and rear is the way to go?

#2 ·
so I've been looking around. Guess the front sway is pretty stout as it is. I'm thinking the Hotchkis rear sway with the replacement bushings front and rear should do the trick. Also will replace the end links since I'll be halfway there (and the truck has 70K on it).

How hard is it to get the new bushings on the front sway? This doesn't look like it is that hard of a job. Seems like the biggest issue is getting the old stuff out.

Is it a disadvatage to have th truck raised and support under the frame with the front end sagging? What is the best way to set up to this (front and rear)? I'm 6'3 and 220 so I might not get under there too easy. Also it looks like it's a good idea to get both sides loose at the same time as opposed to installing one side before the other, yes?

#3 ·
I replaced the front sway bar bushings recently and can tell you that yes, it would be a good idea to work on both sides at the same time. I did mine one at a time and had some issues with getting the parts back on. I just did mine in the driveway with no lifting but i also think it would have been easier with the whole front lifted.

#6 ·
The only issue I had was the limited space. My sway bar runs through my suspension so I had some issues getting to the bolts. I also replaced my shocks at the same time with some bilstein HDs. I haven't done anything with the rear bar yet but doing the front and shocks has made a huge difference!!

#7 ·
It's a 2002. How can I tell what the front size is? I am thinking about buying the Hotchkis setup.

I'm sure shocks wouldn't hurt at 70K miles. However, the bodyroll that annoys me has been there since day one. The truck is just soft in the corners, always has been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.