Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Windshield Washer Reservior - Replacement

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  BUICK04 
#1 ·
Hi everyone...New to this board.....So please forgive if I do something wrong.

I was just informed by a dealership that my windshield washer reservior is cracked and I think that they are right, because it will not hold water and leaks every where....

How difficult is this job to accomplish? The dealership told me $285 dollars...and I think that I can do it for a whole lot less...just do not know where to start.

If I am not mistaken, 2005 TB - Reservior is on the passenger side under engine compartment....Doesn;t look that difficult....but you never know...

Thanks in advance for the help.:crazy::thx

#5 ·
Leaky windshield wiper reservoir

Windshield fluid slowly drips out of the pump for the rear windshield fluid. Does anyone have a fix for this I had the same problem two years ago. I took it all apart and reseated the two little pumps. It worked until now, any other fixes or ideas would b appreciated thanks.

#10 ·
If you want to save goto a u-pull it yard. I bought a ton of used parts at a u-pull place for the Envoy I rebuilt that was in an accident. Plus you get the added bonus of learning to take the old one off the donor so you can put on yours. I bet you could pick a used one up for under 20 with pumps!

#8 ·
The difference in the reservoirs for models with and without rear is in my guess most likely two things.

1. smaller capacity
2. The models without rear wiper probably don't have the second pump.

It was my common belief that all models have the rear wiper. Might be a cheap knock off reservoir proceed with caution.

#9 ·
Probably a catalog error... they never made one without the rear washer. Your probably looking at a aftermarket (china) tank and them Chinese don't have a good mastery of the English language.... The only option was for trucks with the headlight washer... those trucks had 3 pumps.

#11 ·
Thanks.....new pumps front and rear for about $30 including shipping eta Monday. Nearest local retailer for in stock was about $36 after taxes......not counting the extra trip since one store didn't have both pumps in stock. I survived this I can make it one more day.

I had not thought of the headlamp washer s and the third pump. To be honest I have them on my 08 Volvo. I deactivated the system by pulling the fuse. Very messy normally and with the recent cold snap one more area to freeze up. It is just pulling the fuse so easy to re activate .
Other than part number and connector any other major reason for two different pumps? The only thing I can think of right now is the rear pump might have a stronger motor or impeller to account for the increased distance through the lines to the rear nozzle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.