Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Fuel Pump Module replacement question

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  torryblazer 
#1 ·
As with many of the GM 360 platform's trucks, my fuel level sensor has now failed and needs replacing. I'm debating on replacing the entire module vs just the fuel sending sensor. If I purchase the entire module, does anyone recommend a supplier? I've found a delphi unit (FG0515) for around $207 on amazon and a Airtex unit (E3707M) for around $172 at Partsgeek. Anyone have a preference as I've read very poor reviews on the Airtex pump. Also, is it worth coughing up the extra 100-150 dollars for the entire module vs just replacing the fuel level sensor (ACDelco SK1158) at $58?

#3 ·
Search the forum for "fuel pump replacement" and you see some good step by step guides on how to do it. Just did mine 2 days ago and followed the advice of other members down to a tee. You don't need to buy any special pump removal tool. A hammer and well taped screwdriver does the trick. If you have specific questions, ask as members are very helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.