Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

OEM Bose 6 CD changer has CD mode froze?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  4x4forLIFE 
#1 ·
My sister had a CD in that was skipping so she tried ejecting it and the thing just simply stopped working. Shows the clock to the left hand side but will not allow you to do anything in the CD player mode. You can still switch to the radio with no problems. when you're on the radio mode it shows a flashing CD up by how many CDs are in the deck if that might help diagnose the problem.

I did some searching and all I could find that might fix it would be disconnecting the radio harness and letting it sit for a couple minutes to reset itself. Any other ideas and is the radio harness hard to get to?

#2 ·
If all you want to do is kill the power to the radio for a bit, I would think that pulling the fuse would do the trick. It may or may not do the trick, but it is at least a try before taking apart trim pieces to get to the radio.

Let me ask this... is it making any sound when engaging CD mode?

#4 ·
Would the fuse cut ALL power to the radio or just the main feed? I know a lot of radio also have remote power lines to keep memory and all that stored. I was thinking those lines would have to be disconnected also to truly reset it all.
I'm not sure, but unhooking the battery cable will cut the power - and is easier than the radio harness.
Worth a try before replacing it.

#5 ·
make sure you keep the cable unhooked for a good five mins or more at least.

i had my radio out for about 5 maybe a tad more and put it back in an all my stations and cd playback times and clock were stiil there lol :eek:

kinda crazy but my cd player did the same thing. i just hit eject and sat and had a smoke and by the time i was done it popped out :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.