Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Disabling the Door Chime

30K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  pdcomm 
#1 ·
Hi all, wondering if there was ever an answer to how to disable to door chime. I have the OEM Nav unit and on Normal, the chime is louder than Church Bells. I really have no need for the chime, always wear my seatbelt and I don't need an obnoxious alarm attempting to remind me.

I read through everything and no one seems to have an answer on how to disable the chime on the OEM units only if you have something aftermarket.

The Roadie seemed to be closest with closing the circut on the actual female socket on the seatbelt. Does this get rid of the chime altoghter. I just need it gone!

A frustrated and soon to be deaf Trailblazer Owner......

#2 ·
I installed an external amp and bypassed the chimes by inputting the headunit's pre-amps, but that's probably not going to work for you...

#4 ·
I've not paid much attention if it really makes it quieter or not, but I've seen that there's a calibration update for the radio to make the chime quieter. If you're still under warranty, you can do to the dealer and complain about it but if not you'll have to pay for it.

#6 ·
OK, so I always wear my seat belt, but anytime I get into the car or say I get gas and leave the key in the ignition all hell breaks loose and you can't sit in the car. Yes it is definitly on normal, Loud is like a Metallica concert. I will have to stop by the dealer I guess to have them look at it....I hate going to the dealer.

#7 ·
I have a 2004 LT and I have never noticed the door chime to be overbearing.......is your nav the 2nd generation touch screen?

make sure to join the Northeast Chapter!

#9 ·
Still Chiming??

Jay,

Wondering if you ever eliminated the annoying door or seat belt chime. I have an 08 LX3 that looks just like yours and those chimes seem to annoy me the same as yours do. The worst is when my wife or kid opens a door while the engine is on and the chime starts binging.

Steve

#12 ·
Jay,

Wondering if you ever eliminated the annoying door or seat belt chime. I have an 08 LX3 that looks just like yours and those chimes seem to annoy me the same as yours do. The worst is when my wife or kid opens a door while the engine is on and the chime starts binging.

Steve
Hey I agree I have a 06 envoy and its ways to loud and you shouldn't have to turn of the turd just to take your seat belt off to get the mail, etc also at night when we come home late with the kids sleeping in the back it wakes them up everytime ( I have to open a gate so I need to take my seat belt off and open the door so 2x BING!) They were nice enough to think about having an off button for the int lights why not have a way for the BING! too. Oh right people are dumb and need to know that they are opening a door and may fall out because there hands on it and they may have forgot what there doing. :duh: if anyone knows plz tell me I bought the thing used so I have no books for it.

Thanks, Daryl

#14 ·
The radio is used to adjust the vehicle's chime level. To change the volume level of the chime, press and hold pushbutton 6 with the ignition on and the radio power off. The volume level will change from the normal level to loud, and LOUD CHIME will appear on the radio display. To change back to the default or normal setting, press and hold pushbutton 6 again. The volume level will change from the loud level to normal, and NORMAL CHIME will appear on the radio display. Removing the radio and not replacing it with a factory radio or chime module will disable vehicle chimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.