Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear Ac line leak

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jarome Iginla 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, have had success searching threads in the past, Thanks

I have a 2002 SLT 4.2 XL, I charged the A'C system and it won't hold pressure and it is obviously because I have a leak in the rear line ,Low side from what I can tell heard it hissing and crawled underneath and located the leak. Can these lines be repaired or do i need to replace with new? Anyone know the rough cost and the GM part #.

Thansk Markus

#5 ·
I just had this repair done and it wasn't cheap...but could have been worse. The shop repaired the line without freeing the body from the frame. I am going to get some pictures as soon as I can....it has been raining non stop here..so I will post them when i get them. The repair was $680, but I had the power steering drained/flush and refilled also. So about $600 for AC repair.

#6 ·
Can someone validate this?

Looks like the line that runs on the driver's side is... ACDELCO US Part # 15-33386.

Looks like the line that runs on the passenger's side is... ACDELCO US Part # 15-33010.

Then I read that you are suppose to replace the drier in case moisture got into the system. Any one know where this is and part number?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.