Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Removal of the EVAP Canister

44K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Ravalli Surfer 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, so I need to remove the EVAP canister and cant figure out for the life of me why I cant get it out.

My Haynes manual is worthless as all it says is remove the connections which I have done and then it says remove the bolt. Where in the heck is this bolt???

Thanks!

EDIT:
Nevermind, I got it out.

#4 ·
ok, figured it out.... the manual calls it an EVAP canister, i finally google "charcoal canister" and found that the 02 TB is connected with a clip...no bolts...no straps...you have to work the "right side" (closest to the front)...you will see two clips and a slot for a screwdriver...place a screwdriver into the slot and work the clip off...the rear clip slides right off.

i had to remove the canister to swap out my transmission...(didnt work out to well for me)...will be asking what i did wrong in an upcoming post.

#8 ·
Removal of vapor canister in 02 Trailblazer

Thanks for your thread. I too have to remove the canister in order to remove one of the bolts in the cross member. I intend to reverse the bolt when I put it back together so removal of the canister won't be necessary if the cross member ever has to be removed again. I was prying on the canister, even used a screwdriver in the slots you mentioned. Evidently I didn't pry hard enough. Back to the task at hand with more confidence now:thx

#11 ·
Need to remove the Evap Canister, too

Hey here. I'm glad to hear you were successful. I'm not as lucky. So just to make sure, I need to be working on the clips closest to the cross member and not the clip near the gas tank.

I'll let you know how it goes.🇳🇴
I'm still having problems with the sliding part I figure it may need some lubricant spray it may work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.