Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

trailblazer with sound?

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  TheVoy 
#1 ·
dose anyone have sound in there trailblazer? i resently bought 4 12's for mine, i dont have an amp yet, i was wondering what are my main problems with the rattling sound.anyone help?:undecided

#4 ·
With 4 12" Subs your gonna have rattle on any pannel which isnt firmly braced. Any sheet metal on the body that you can push in with your hand, are thin, and will vibrate. With that kind of power, you might also have trim inside the car vibrate as well as any windows or glass with worn weather seals. I have 1 12'' sub and my tailgate and rear quarter pannel both vibrate a little, as well as my rear license plate. I strongly suggest Dynomat. Have it professionally installed if your not confident because it will make a huge difference.
What kind of RMS power are you gonna have with 4 12s?

#8 ·
I have an Envoy, and I originally was running 2 12" Rockford Fosgate T1s with 2 Memphis competition amps, and a 24 farrad cap. I was pushing around 2200 RMS and 5000 Peak watts. I had that system in my other car but it was way too much in the Voy for my taste. Reason being, having an open trunk rather then an enclosed one like my Maxima, the sound doubled. Good for a show truck like yours, not an everyday driver like mine.
Now im running 1 12" Kicker L7 in a ported box powered by a Memphis PR.1000 Amp. It has about 1100 WATTS RMS and 2200 WATTS Peak. It sounds awesome, very tight, and it still has one hell of a punch for 1 sub.

#9 ·
Yea, eventually it will be a everyday truck soon, but im just going to tune it down till the shows, i just hate all the rattling from the outside, i want to try to stop it as best as i can without dynomating. I dont yet have them hooked up yet, looking for an amp to push the subs, they are 4 kicker 12's dual voice coil 4ohm comps.:D

#10 ·
Very nice. Kicker makes a good sub. I have been through probably 5 amps since ive started building systems and the best I have found so far is my Memphis. VERY strong and under rated. My amp was rated for 1000 RMS but the certificate it came with says it produced 1264 WATTS RMS. I very strongly recomend running 2 amps with your system rather then 1 powerful one. Reason being, even at shows you wont have to turn them all the way up stressing them. Im also a firm believer in overkill when it comes to an amp also. Meaning, if your subs produce 2000 RMS, get 2 amps producing 2500 RMS or so. This way, you will never have to crank your amp to bump your subs. From cranking your amp, it can overheat and blow. I lit my trunk on fire once because of this. Now, my Memphis amp doesn't even get warm and ive been using it for well over a year, every single day.

#12 ·
Lol, i know how you feel. If your not gonna run a new or upgraded battery, then a good capacitor is a must, if not then you can kiss your alternator goodbye. They are super cheap though, I only paid $60 for the cap I have. Just make sure it comes with a warranty, because just like a battery, they can be defected or go bad.

#14 ·
The Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, and Tsunami are the best that I have used, but they aren't cheap. I know someone using a Power Acoustik and they have nothing bad to say about it. It lights up and look pretty cool too. Be careful though, some of the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. Mostly because if they are rated for 10 farads, it probably has 4-5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.