Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Ummmm.....Buick Rainier here?

16K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  rigatony 
#1 ·
Ok, I bought an '05 Buick Rainier. My understanding is it's basically an Envoy or Trailblazer, except it came pretty stacked with standard options. It has the 4.2L Vortec, and the Denali's auto-adjusting air suspension in the rear. I just don't know where to go to get Rainier specific help. I've skimmed this site, and don't even see a tiny mention of the Rainier let alone it's own forum link. Am I wasting my time here? I mean, I know you guys would all help with the things we share directly, but I'm sure the Buick engineers changed some stuff around..... on purpose just to mess me up knowing I was eventually going to buy one!!! LOL. Ok, I'm cynical. Any thoughts from you Trailvoyers? :m2: :thx

#2 ·
Not only am I cynical, but I'm kinda stupid also. I looked at my post, and saw "Buick Rainier" highlighted, so I clicked on it. Well I'll be darned. There IS some info about the Buick Rainier on this site. Not many post's, but some lowly enthusiasts none the less. So, I answered my own thread! I wish all my questions about life could be answered with a simple click of a highlighted link. :bonk: :suicide:

#20 ·
Welcome to the site!!!

There are alot of people here who can answer your questions, especially from what ive seen is the rainier and enovy are more alike than anything, just ask a question and im sure someone will have an answer
:iagree: x2

Welcome to Trailvoy!! As the others have stated your Rainier is just like our trucks. I am sure we can all answer any of your questions... about yout truck that is...:D
I don't know......Fishhunter...... you are not the same as the other guys........LOL....there is a big difference with the V8 6.0 LS2 compared to the 4.2 I6........

#4 ·
yea its all the same platform just different body and standard options... there are a good amount of rainer people on here.. but all info will be the same to help ya...

so welcome to the site..

the only main difference between the rainer and the other 360 platforms are the body style.. everythign else is the same.. from the engine, drivetrain, electronics..

#8 ·
Thanks ya'll.... or is it y'all? Preciate the warm welcome. I'm pretty psyched about our new ride. My cuz is a used car dealer, so he gave me a web site only dealers can use. I picked up the '05 Rainier CXL AWD with 40,500 miles pretty loaded up with opts for $9,500. It was MSRP'd at around $36 something new and currently KBB'd between 12 & 14 depending on condition etc. I own an '87 GN so I'm a Buick guy at heart. Thanks again for the welcome.

Mike

#16 ·
Hey Ya'll.

Checking in from Louisville, KY. This is not my first SUV or American car, but it is my first GM product. I just bought a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL Plus AWD V6 with 55,000 miles for $9,500. I feel like I got a great deal because the bank told me the NADA is about $11,600. The car is in great shape, and from what I've heard, the LL8 V6 Vortec will last another 200,000 miles. I must say I am very pleased with the truck. Feels very solid, and the ride is much better than any foriegn truck/SUV that I have been in. It is far better in ride quality than our Nissan Murano. I originally was looking for a Trail/Envoy or Tahoe/Yukon, but the Rainier caught my eye and loved the styling. I do have to say it is a little weird saying I drive a Buick at 27 years old. Oh well..I'm over it!

The only problem that I have with it is that when the temperature drops below a certain degree, like 25F, the radio sound does not come out. The radio turns on and you can change channels/CD's, but no sound. After about 20 minutes, the car will warm up and then the sound comes on. Anyone heard of this or what it may be. I figured since it has the Bose Stereo, maybe it is the amp?

I plan on doing only slight mods to the car. I am adding an aux input to the head unit for my iPod, tinting the driver and pass windows, and putting on some more meaty tires. That's about it.

I bought this car as my daily driver, as my wife drives a 2004 Nissan Murano w/ 60k, and I just sold my baby - a 2005 Nissan Altima SE-R with 300 horses. Hated to see it go, but needed something bigger for hauling and towing.

What do you all think about the Rainier?

#21 ·
Hello all from another Rainier owner and new forum member. Found the forum while searching for info on the secondary air injection system. Just got back inside from replacing the secondary air injection system check valve and resetting the check engine light by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Hopefully, this will have my problem fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.