Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Bad Lift Gate Module?

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  the roadie 
#1 ·
I've seen several posts about this issue, but none of them seem to line up with what is going on with my TBSS. The dealer said the lift gate module is bad, however, everything works, i.e. rear wiper, remote entry, license plate lights, etc...the only thing I can't do and the dealer claims they can't do is program the remotes...I tried the method described here on the forums and only the original remote seems to be able to program...the new remote I have does send a signal as the dealer even confirmed...could it really be the lift gate module? My husband already pulled the plastic covering off of the lift gate and can change the module and we can take it to the dealer to get programmed, but do you guys think it's really the issue here? Since everything works, it just seems odd that only the programming of a new remote doesn't work...I wouldn't imagine a short or a fuse would be the issue since nothing seems to be malfunctioning...

#4 ·
I would try another from Ebay before ripping into the LGM or paying a dealer a dime.

You say the reprogramming function works for your original remote and not for the second you bought? From where did you buy it?

Sure doesn't sound like the LGM if it can program your original remote. Would be a very unusual failure of the BCM to not be able to track the codes for two remotes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.