Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Largest tire

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  04chevyMN 
#1 ·
What would be the largest tire that I can run on a 02 trailblazer with the 2in BDS lift kit and the 1.5" wheel spacers at each corner? I think that a 31x10.50 should fit with no cutting of anything. I do plan on using the stock rim cause the lift and tires will keep me from getting new rims at that time but some will be in the works hopefully.

#2 ·
I had to cut part of the back edge of my front bumper between 3/4" and 1" to clear 31.6" tires / 10.5" tread width (265/70-17). So I predict the largest size you could do with a good shot at zero trimming would be 30.6". Maybe I go too far to mod mine for offroad, but I don't see why trimming is such a bad thing. Are all these vehicles on lease, or don't people intend to keep them for ten years? It's not like the bumper cover is metal or anything.

#4 ·
:eek: :eek: Yes, yes, i know I am late with my 33" tire write up :eek: :eek:

AG
loool, indeeed u are! Im dieing to see how much its gonna involve to get it done right...on one of the pics in ur gallery "ready for offroad" i think, the front left tire is compressed.. when it's at that level, can u turn full lock no problems???

#5 ·
Bigger Tires:

I want to get larger tires for my 04 Envoy, 255/70/17 or 265/70/17. Does anyone know if the 70 series tire will fit without a lift kit. My Envoy is stock height and am willing to do the wheel spacer if I have to. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#6 ·
I want to get larger tires for my 04 Envoy, 255/70/17 or 265/70/17. Does anyone know if the 70 series tire will fit without a lift kit. My Envoy is stock height and am willing to do the wheel spacer if I have to. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I run 265/70-17 and used to have the 1" SuspensionMAXX spacer (around 1.5" effective lift) and if I hit an offroad bump too fast, I could hear (and see scuff marks later) slight rubbing on top of the wheel well liner. If you don't go over hard, full-compression bumps or whoops-see-doos in the sand, you should be fine without a lift. Now with the bigger BDS lift kit - no rubbing ever.

#7 ·
I two have the 1.25 maxx front and 1.0 rear w/ airlift. Also, 1.5 spacers w/265/70-17 Duelers with absolutely no rubbing...
v/r

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.