Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Sun Visor Clip- Part # ??

12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  swaible 
#1 ·
Anyone know the number or here i can get one.

Im talking about the little black clip thing that holds the visor on, it clamps it between the headliner and the visor.

I broke the stupid little thing while trying to remove the visors. Why GM had to come up with some complicated design for a freakin sun visor is beyond me. Two small screws would have sufficed.

if anyone knows where i can get one pleas let me know

Thx in advance

#7 ·
I just busted MINE trying to do the same thing - and I agree. The Sun visors in my Japanese-made Miata... two screws. "In GMC, sunvisor screws YOU"
Yea.... I still haven't fixed it.. Im looking for some visors with 2 screws so i can just screw them in instead of that STUPID thing ours have ????

#8 ·
this may be a dumb question...

But to save me getting a dumb expression or some guy disappearing into the back for several hours while searching... have you contacted the parts department for GMC to ask them about it? I do have a tear-down guide that appears to include every part number including the body sheet metal - except for the sun visors. I may call on my lunch break today to try and find out... results posted here.

#10 ·
as usual... the Devil *is* in the details.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Okay, so I am going to have to seriously go home and check my parts pages again because I could've sworn I checked that thing 3 times and did not see that part. It is possible my pages are not complete but thank you, Sir for the information. It is much appreciated. I still think that this is the DUMBEST idea for attaching a sun visor.

#12 ·
Follow-Up...

Okay, so I gave up looking and decided to just go a different direction. I have a DVD system in my Voy with headrest monitors for the back so I just picked up some gray sunvisor monitors off ebay and installed those instead. Fabricated my own mouting bracket that secured the new sunvisors to the headliner instead of into the body. All the trim pieces are more than sufficient to hold it in place.

#13 ·
Black clip pesky part number is 88939681

anyone know the number or here i can get one.

Im talking about the little black clip thing that holds the visor on, it clamps it between the headliner and the visor.

I broke the stupid little thing while trying to remove the visors. Why gm had to come up with some complicated design for a freakin sun visor is beyond me. Two small screws would have sufficed.

If anyone knows where i can get one pleas let me know

thx in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.