Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Rear hatch won't open

24K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  davep1967 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have an '02 Trailblazer, and just got home with some problems and was hoping somebody could give me some help. After leaving the grocery store I used my rear hatch. We got in and drove away. The dome lights didn't go off as I was driving, but I nothing ever came up on the dash saying that a door was open. Either way, we stopped and checked the doors and all were shut, except the rear hatch wouldn't open. Now that we're home, we have the same problems. Basically this is what I found weird...

- Rear hatch will not open
- Dome lights stay on (well, eventually go off)
- Buttons on the remote do not work
- When I turned the Trailblazer off, the radio stopped immediately (usually it stays on until a door opens)

ANY help would be appreciated, thanks!

#2 ·
probably the liftgate module ( besides controlling the locks of the lift gate and rear wiper, it also is the receiver for the fobs ) - start by checking the fuse for that, under rear seat #3 I believe
If everything is good there, check the wiring to the lift gate and the LGM; since you the remote is not working you will have to manually unlock the lift gate to open it. On the inside of the gate close to the bottom center is a round cover, when you pull that off you can move the lock arm.

#6 ·
So, if my reading serves me right, my steps to correct this issue should be:

1. Check the fuse first
2. Manually unlock hatch through the hole
3. Check wiring at top
4. Replace the module if all else fails?

Where is the best place to get a replacement module as far as price and quality?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.