Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Service Airbag Light?

39K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bigkeyz 
#1 ·
just today my "service airbag" light came on. This is not the first time. last year it was doing the same thing so i took it to the dealer. They said whoever installed the stereo system did something to make that airbag wire chaffe and it shorted, so the light came on. Well, now its doing it again. i might try to find that wire myself. anyone have any suggestions?? need help

#3 ·
well, it just started again today so we'll see if it goes out tomorrow, but see the dealer said a wire was chaffed, they fixd the wire, charged me 80$ with reciepts saying the stereo installer did it, so i took it to best buy and they reimbursed me the 80$... ... and now its doing it again?!?

#5 ·
some TV owners- including myself- find that occasionally we move the seat back and forth- and then the light comes on.
shutting engine off. and sliding or fumbling the connector under the seat will cause the light to go out upon restart of TV.
Mines done it several times. always after having moved the seat

#6 ·
airbag seatbelt light 2002 LTZ

I had the same problem airbag/seatbelt light. It was not on all the time I finally got fed up. Trip to the dealer first time for me It was the air bag module under the center console. $300 part plus labor $575 later. So far so good its been 2 weeks. This is my first problem 75K so far.

Tom T.

#7 · (Edited)
I have the same problem(2002 TrailBlazer), dealer said SDM has to be replace (airbag modulator ? is this the SDM he is talking about?) what is SDM?? he said wires has been damaged? what !!!! how they got damaged I said, by moving the seat? He said he needs $500.00 + to fix it. Need to replace this SDM myself, if you know the location of this baby please post it, thx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.