Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

downstream O2 sensor

29K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  lowredVoy 
#1 ·
Does anyone where the pigtail is located for the down stream O2 sensor ?
I keep getting the P0136 SES code. I know they dont go bad often, but since I replaced the upstream Os sensor 7 months ago, and with 157k miles its about due for it to go bad. I just cant find the pigtail to up clip it
any help would be greatful

#3 ·
My new downstream sensor is still in the box b/c I couldn't get that connector off. Once you find it (just follow the wires like Roadie says), good luck getting your hands on it and unhooking it :)

#4 ·
Delco designed 150 ways to latch their little connectors together, it seems. Sometimes there are three layers of latches, tabs, little pushy levers, and clicky things. And if you can't examine it from all angles, sometimes you just gotta break stuff to get it apart. If I learned anything in 40 years of working on vehicles, it's that sometimes it's OK to learn how stuff works by breaking it apart. Then you know. And you've shown the parts who's the boss.

#6 ·
Delco designed 150 ways to latch their little connectors together, it seems. Sometimes there are three layers of latches, tabs, little pushy levers, and clicky things. And if you can't examine it from all angles, sometimes you just gotta break stuff to get it apart. If I learned anything in 40 years of working on vehicles, it's that sometimes it's OK to learn how stuff works by breaking it apart. Then you know. And you've shown the parts who's the boss.

:iagree: I just love technical talk.:crackup:

#7 ·
alright, the downstream O2 sensor has the same tab, clicky thing as the upstream pigtail, which is hide just about the heat shield between the floor and trans. took all of 5 mins to undo and remove.

#8 ·
ok still an issue, i bought a bosch direct fit replacement from murrays, light went off for a couple days, then back on, just like everyone else. So i took back the bosch had them do a warrenty exchange, tried the bosch once more. Light stayed off for a couple days came back on. Went back to see if they could order a Ac delco one for me, and they cant. Here is the issue Im having, sence I already bought an O2 sensor from them, they cant just return a used part, just warrenty exchange it for me.

So the next best thing, Delphi and lone and behold I had them order the delphi part and it is the exact same as the stock one, so Im replacing it as soon the truck cools down and we shouldnt have a problem any longer. I'll post delphi P/N is anyone is wondering, later tonight

#9 · (Edited)
I have replaced a lot of O2's ,and I don't like bosch ,some have no problem with them, but for some reason i do , more than I should and the same thing you are saying ,a couple of days a week and then a code.So O2's I go oem, Ac delco,,.not that I want to .but seem to have less problem with them ,,I hope you find out that's the problem

#10 ·
our up and downstream sensors got shipped today, $100 shipped for both AcDelco brand...:hissy: hopefully that will help increase MPG's a little bit before summer trips. Is there a trick besides roadies to unlatching these, ie: push on this and then pull, or unlatch this and push...?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.