Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

exhaust opinion

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DomSanto 
#1 ·
exhaust opinion:
I am currently looking to buy an exhaust kit but cannot decide between: Magnaflow and Borla. I currently have a Flowmaster 50 series but I am no longer happy with the performance or in cabin noise.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
The problem I have found with the 4.2L TB is that there are not that many options out there for exhaust systems. I believe the Borla and Magnaflow are dual exhaust systems. Gibson makes a nice side exit exhaust, single pipe, which is relatively low cost ($275-$300) depending on which site you look at. I personally like the single pipe rear exit exhaust which is why I have been holding off on the exhaust mod because if I buy the Gibson then I will have to mod it to be a rear exit. I was contemplating on swapping out the stock muffler with a flowmaster. It all depends what look you are going for and how big your wallet is.

#8 ·
if you go on the magnaflow website and search the exhuasts for the 2004 chevy trailblazer there is only one option and thats what i got. i replaced from the cat back. it looks really nice and sounds cool but , after a couple months of driving i realized how loud is actually is inside the cabin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.