Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2004 Envoy radio removal

19K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  washking 
#1 ·
Hey, I did search and couldn't come up with a thread that had this info without a dead link. So, if you could give me tips on how to remove radio from a 2004 envoy....I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

#2 ·
Sorry for the delayed reply, i am still lookin on the internet to find some envoy pics, if ican get some i will be able to tell you, the links we used to have for the dash removal are dead, so someone might wanna work on that, I'll let jman or warren know about it, other then that I am lookin for ya man, unless someone with an envoy can chime in, I just dont wanna say something I'm not 100% on as I have a TB and not a voy, they shoudl be similar, but i dont know about minor differences.

#3 ·
There are four screws ( two on each side ) on the carpet below the A/C controls and in front of center console, kinda hard to get out once unscrewed, then there are two small screws holding the face trim on at the very bottom and the rest is just popped in. I will post some pictures when I get home.

#5 ·
When I removed my radio, it was necessary to remove the console to get to the two bottom screws that hold the trim surrounding the radio. A GMC tech told me a short cut way. At the top of the trim piece, above the AC outlets put a slender object such as a wide blade screw driver (use a rag, etc, so nothing gets scratched) and pry the trim piece loose (it comes forward toward you). He said it will come forward enough that you don't have to remove the two screws at the bottom. With the trim piece forward, you can then access the three screws that hold the head unit in.

Caution, I have not tried this, just relaying what the tech said. He said he had done over 30 this way with no mishaps. Not responsible if you eff something up.

#9 ·
Awesome, thanks all. I just got done with the project. I picked up a USA Spec aux interface for $10 on clearance from CC along with a $10 mount for the ipod and it all works together great. For the money spent I'm very happy with this install.....and the pics and descriptions here made the job pretty painless...thanks again.

#12 ·
I ended up taking out the four screws from the carpet area, which exposed the bottom two screws of the bezel....so those came out as well. I was glad to have the extra wiggle room to get the new harness system in place and put everything back together....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.